[Game] Kings @ Thunder - Monday, March 12 - 5 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If you tune in, be prepared for the two hour sermon on the greatness of Russell Westbrook. Personally, I don't think I have the stomach for it after hearing the warmup today.

Kings will not win this game, unless of course they do. Grant will be obnoxious, Jerry will be adorable reading the Lorde concert promo, and Kayte will be just about the only one not grating on my nerves the whole time.

I may just take a nap instead of watching.

GO KINGS!

If you tune in, be prepared for the two hour sermon on the greatness of Russell Westbrook. Personally, I don't think I have the stomach for it after hearing the warmup today.

Kings will not win this game, unless of course they do. Grant will be obnoxious, Jerry will be adorable reading the Lorde concert promo, and Kayte will be just about the only one not grating on my nerves the whole time.

GO KINGS!
Yep, I'm already resting up for the big dance and ping pong ball day.

GO KINGS!
Watching Kayte glow with the radiance of an expecting Mom has been one of the bright spots of the season.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

GO KINGS!
If the Kings somehow win this game, I'd expect mass rioting in the Lin side of town.

If the Kings somehow win this game, I'd expect mass rioting in the Lin side of town.
At least 5 "Party Bicycle Mobiles" will get knocked over, with me and the homies from the "Bizzaro World of Lins" thread looting Rick's Dessert Diner...

I don't know why, but I always want to beat the Thunder, Lins be damned! Let's get one against that annoying ball-hog! Go Kings!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
According to Kayte, ALL veterans are in the rotation tonight - which does not come as a surprise. This is the Thunder we're playing, after all.

And my usual reminder - PLEASE refrain from tank discussion IN THIS THREAD during the game.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Paul George, Russell Westbrook, Corey Brewer, Carmelo Anthony, Steven Adams for the Thunder.

...sigh...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Adams asking Joerger if he was okay after that 3-second defense violation was FUNNY! I may have to hate him slightly less because of it. :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wow. Did my eyes deceive me or was Garrett Temple totally out of position on that last Thunder bucket?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It scares the crap out of me every time WCS hits the floor. I want hustle but I dont want "not getting up."

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think DeFox got away with a two-handed touch on Westbrook. So Fox is so intimidating he's now getting calls over the league MVP? I'll take it. :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Uh oh. Russell MVP Westbrook just dropped an F bomb. He must have been facing away from the officials. Does the league fine him if we all read his lips even though the refs didn't see it?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Am I the only one who is fine with players cursing like sailors on the court? This is competition not Sunday service.
I might be wrong, but I've heard that top athletes can compete at the highest levels without "cursing like sailors." Since an NBA game is family-oriented entertainment, I would expect them to be able to refrain from using that particular word.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wow, Buddy. It looked okay until you took it so high off the glass. Is that a new thing? I keep seeing more and more players do it.

GO KINGS!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Oh wait. Seeing that shot of Biuddy's blocked, I guess I can understand why he puts it up high - although as G&J are saying, he could have taken the shot outside and avoided it all.

The Thunder are a strange team, they regularly seem like they are about to blow you out and the next thing you know you're right back in the game.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I am somewhat puzzled over the score after one full quarter. 19-16? If I'm a Thunder fan, I'm a little concerned. I mean, this is the Kings they're playing.

I might be wrong, but I've heard that top athletes can compete at the highest levels without "cursing like sailors." Since an NBA game is family-oriented entertainment, I would expect them to be able to refrain from using that particular word.
We must be watching a different league than because I feel like I see players cursing at each other, to refs and to themselves constantly. I mean we did just go through seven years of DeMarcus Cousins. I have no problem with some trash talk tbh.