Kings talking trade for Jordan Farmar?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
1140 is reporting kings in trade discussions to trade sessions for Jordan farmar. Having fun yet guys...
Well frankly...why not. Would be kind of a half step up, and Farmar can hit from distance when he's healthy, which is never.

The fact he doesn't play an ounce of defense of course does nothing to ally suspicions about the front office, but it would be a bigger concern if he wasn't replacing somebody else who also doesn't play any defense.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
1140 is reporting kings in trade discussions to trade sessions for Jordan farmar. Having fun yet guys...
Before the season started I think I'd take Sessions every day and twice on Sundays over Farmar as a backup PG. But Sessions has been so bad this year and the bench is so devoid of scoring that you take a guy that can shoots 36 or 37% from three and who is more willing to move the ball on offense than Sessions or McCallum. Doesn't save any money salary wise though Sessions deal is guaranteed for next year and Farmar has a player option so if he decides to opt out at least you've got a little more wiggle room.

Sessions is giving the team nothing and Ray is not stepping up so why not? The bench needs a shakeup even if it is trading a just slightly better passer, rebounder, defender for a better shooter/scorer. It may mean a somewhat bigger reliance on Stauskas in terms of ball movement and ball handling which could be good or bad.

Why not?

So presumably it would be for Sessions? Wasn't mentioned in the OP.

I'm impartial. Not a big fan of Farmar but he's a solid backup. Sessions made me want to tear my own eyes out. Words can't describe how bad he's been this season. I know Sessions has been generally solid in his career, but I refuse to believe anyone could possibly be worse than Ramon was for us.

I'm impartial. Not a big fan of Farmar but he's a solid backup. Sessions made me want to tear my own eyes out. Words can't describe how bad he's been this season. I know Sessions has been generally solid in his career, but I refuse to believe anyone could possibly be worse than Ramon was for us.
uhm. ray....

I don't like Ramon Sessions.
But Jordan Farmar gives you nothing, AND worst of all - it re-sets the "get-new-backup-PG" clock.

I don't want trades that don't help the team. FO trades that don't improve the team HURTS the team.

The most likely way this team gets better is by WINNING.
This, and only this, can change the league stench regarding the Kings, leading to better players than Jordan f-ing Farmar wanting to be here.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member

;)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Farmar is a good three point shooter. It really could be that simple.

Given our team structure, silliness aside we are talking about:

1) DeMarcus
2) HOPEFULLY a full sized non-stretch PF
3) Rudy (low volume 3pt shooter 1.0 of 3.0 per game over his career)
4) DC (low volume 3pt shooter 0.7 of 1.9 over his career, + already averaging a career high n attemtps for us)

so what that really suggests is that you need your starting SG and most of your perimeter benchers to really contribute as 3pt shooters. If you can pick up a little spare 3pt shooting for "free" at the backup PG spot, then you do it.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
But seriously, that's almost as near a thing to a push as I've ever seen in a trade. The contracts are basically identical (though Farmar could opt out next year, so it might save us a bit of money), they're the same age, and outside of the fact that Sessions attacks the basket more and Farmar is more likely to take a three they are statistically pretty similar. Deck chairs on the Titanic? Yeah, probably. But why not have an all-UCLA PG rotation?

At least they realize the backup PG position is a weakness. Farmar isn't a big step up from a healthy Sessions. If lack of health was the issue. I honestly don't know.

I'd be more excited if they were looking for a backup center though.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Sessions vs Farmar for backup point. Beno wouldnt look too bad, would he?

At least Farmar can set up the offense without turning over the rock like Ramon Butterfingers.

Meh. Not splashy, but I suppose it could be a slight improvement. Ramon was affecting us negatively, even if Farmer has a neutral affect, its still an improvement.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Farmar is capable of spreading the floor and maybe he won't be a complete black hole when on the floor as Sessions was....any trade quite frankly to get rid of Ramon is a positive in my opinion, he provided nothing. Farmar at least may have a chance to contribute with outside shooting even if he can't defend a cone on defense.

Actually trading Farmar for Sessions sounds really well, Ramon is a good point guard but just couldn't translate his game to the way the Sacramento Kings play, his season is not looking very bright thus far with the Kings, same goes for Farmar but I personally believe that Jordan Farmar is overall a better player than Ramon Sessions therefore I support a trade between those two players.