[Game] Kings @ Suns - 3/15/17 - 7PT/10ET

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There's something really fulfilling about watching a bunch of kids come together as a team and win...even if it's against another bunch of kids. The Magic game was ... well ... Magic. :)

We head into Phoenix to face a team also looking for a high spot in the draft lottery. The rosters for tonight's game should be interesting. Will we rest veterans again? Looking at the Injury report, Alex Len is a game-time decision for the Suns. There's also a question mark about Tyreke Evans.

The mascot for the Suns is "The Suns Gorilla"... Seems like they could have found him a name. ;)

#GoKIngs

#SacramentoProud

A fan has got to do
what a fan has got to do...
I_want_you_SAC_Kings_ICON.jpg
Predictions are ON for Kings game #68:
On the road vs the Suns, Wednesday 3/15, 7pm

Predictions are accepted HERE until tip-off (in less than 5 hours).
Just follow the link to the thread, and post the exact game result.
Prediction game stats:
List of all predictors in order of appearance:
And to you, prediction virgins... :D It's never too late to start...
@carmichaeldave, @Mr. S£im Citrus, @Warhawk, @6th, @9x1x6, @AL/kfan, @Albatros, @allrightthen, @Amit149, @andjel, @Arkitect, @arusinov, @BamBam52, @Bibby10AZ, @Big Cuz 15, @biltalent, @BLNINJA #81, @Boogie_Fever, @Bruiser62906, @bsegers, @Castasic, @Chicken Chaser, @Chubbs, @Crabwalk, @CuzistanKing, @Darr_Vader, @datamanwes, @DC222, @Deb M @deki, @DesertFox, @Dime Dropper, @Double-K, @dude12, @east_sac, @EJF, @Elise10, @ElRey, @Entity, @ESP47, @fansinceday1 @Fannie Dwest, @Flopi, @ForlornKing, @funkykingston, @giantking1355, @Gilles, @glassman , @Gliesian, @GoSACtown, @Gtronic, @Hansel, @Heuge, @HereWeBoogie, @HighFlyingMonkey, @HndsmCelt, @Hoovtrain, @Howard, @hrdboild, @Iced Espresso, @IfAt1st, @ikon_zero, @itzcoatl, @jcassio, @jcwkings, @Jeremy Fraser, @Jimbob, @Jkbiker, @John Galt, @Jora Wala, @Joshoua, @k_dubb90, @kennadog, @King in England, @kingdivac , @KingMilz, @KingsCitizen, @kingsfan1984, @KingsFan80, @Kingsfan91, @KingsFanGER, @Kingsfan_GER , @Kingsroots, @Lammy, @Larry89, @Livinthedream, @Lopes, @LPKingsFan,@mac, @macadocious, @Mass, @MassachusettsKingsFan, @Merdiesel, @miltonap, @MizzouKing, @nebs, @nofun, @One and Done,@OnYouLikeGlue, @OptimusRhyme, @Oscar, @Padrino, @pdizo916, @pdxKingsFan, @piksi, @ppine, @pshn80, @R2D2, @rainmaker, @randymoss1881, @RaY Z, @Revrag, @roasthawg, @RX-8, @Sac.1989, @Sac.Kings, @SacKings384, @sactownfan, @SacTownGrantFan, @SacTownKid, @Sam0ah, @SCKingsfan, @sdballer, @ShastaKingsFan, @Section 101, @sidney, @Siranthony, @slashing4, @Sluggah, @speedwagon, @spok22s, @steelevt, @swisshh, @TaxMan, @The Effort Police, @The_Jamal, @TruckeeKingsFan, @twslam07, @Tyndel, @upinsmoke, @White_Chocolate, @whoopdeedoo, @whozit and @Woogie.

Last edited:
Damn nervous about a two game winning streak here... I hate this time of year, so exciting to see the kids play but can't root while heartedly for our guys to win
The only team i am worried about out tanking us are the Knicks. We will finish no higher than 7th and I cant see us having a worse record than Orlando or Philly. Im almost certain we finish 6th or 7th and NO 8-10.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Damn nervous about a two game winning streak here... I hate this time of year, so exciting to see the kids play but can't root while heartedly for our guys to win
Sure you can. :) I feel better rooting for them to win, especially when I'm sitting at home and probably not going to have a direct impact on the outcome of the game.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Never understood the Suns gorillla thing as is, but no name?

Hoping the young bloods have fun and learn more of the system.
About the gorilla:
Before 1980, Veterans Memorial Coliseum had already established itself as a place to go “ape.”
Maybe that’s why he showed up that night. Or, perhaps it was because he heard how great the winters in Phoenix are.

Why the Phoenix Suns Gorilla arrived in the winter of 1980 isn’t nearly as intriguing as what he’s done since he arrived.

For the record, this mischievous mascot was born quite by accident. A messenger for Eastern Onion, a singing telegram service, came to the Coliseum during a home game dressed as a gorilla. As he left, Coliseum security suggested he do a few dances underneath the basket during a timeout and the fans loved it. So did the messenger, who kept coming to games until he was officially invited to be part of the team.
Read the rest of the story here:

http://www.nba.com/suns/history/history_gorilla_80.html

The Sixers are competing, wouldn't surprise me if they won around 6 more games. So we can afford to win a few.

If we win it better be because our youth looked good though, not sub par vets who won't be here long term

There's a tight race for the March prediction throne.

Prediction points earned in March:
1. @bubulina ...........299
2. @Telemachus ..... 298
3. @Glenn ..................291
4. @Ron .................... 238
5. @Tomcat ............. 225
6. @SLAB ................. 180
7. @LoungeLizard - 141
8. @New Era ........... 139
9. @origkds ............. 104
10. @VF21 .................. 83
© All rights reserved
The rights for the idea of a monthly race are all reserved to @Glenn... :)
To the prediction thread

A fan has got to do
what a fan has got to do...
Predictions are ON for Kings game #68:
On the road vs the Suns, Wednesday 3/15, 7pm

Predictions are accepted HERE until tip-off (in less than 5 hours).
Just follow the link to the thread, and post the exact game result.

List of all predictors in order of appearance:

And to you, prediction virgins... :D It's never too late to start...
2017-03-15 16.18.13.jpg I want my first time to be special.

There's something really fulfilling about watching a bunch of kids come together as a team and win...even if it's against another bunch of kids. The Magic game was ... well ... Magic. :)

We head into Phoenix to face a team also looking for a high spot in the draft lottery. The rosters for tonight's game should be interesting. Will we rest veterans again? Looking at the Injury report, Alex Len is a game-time decision for the Suns. There's also a question mark about Tyreke Evans.

The mascot for the Suns is "The Suns Gorilla"... Seems like they could have found him a name. ;)

#GoKIngs

#SacramentoProud
Remember when our mascot was an occasional borrowed gorilla, named

The only team i am worried about out tanking us are the Knicks. We will finish no higher than 7th and I cant see us having a worse record than Orlando or Philly. Im almost certain we finish 6th or 7th and NO 8-10.
The Lakers are the most obvious team playing to lose. Now it appears Mosgov and Deng will not play even though nothing is wrong with them. I so hope they are bumped out of the top 3 and lose their pick to Philli, however the Lakers have not been bumped back in their recent lottery stretch.

I think your right that we will finish no higher than 6 or 7. New Orleans seems to be jelling a bit lately. That is potentially OK as it decreases their chance of a top 3 pick but it will lower our 2nd first rounder a bit. Its a tight race for lottery position.

Today, I too hope the youngins get plenty of playing time. They will try to win but I recon its a Suns victory as they try and are playing at home.

About the gorilla:

Read the rest of the story here:

http://www.nba.com/suns/history/history_gorilla_80.html
When my father and I first started attending games in the 80's and into the 90's, the Kings sometimes borrowed the Gorilla for some of their games. Only a handful or so a year. It was sorta a big deal to us when we attended a game the Gorilla was at. The team wasn't any good then but the antics of the Gorilla was generally entertaining and sometimes salvaged a disappointing game.

Good to see Ty getting starter looks. Need to decide who to keep between him and Collison

WCS on the bubble. Can he grow into consistent starter. Is he a 4/5? Can he play 5 full time?

The Lakers are the most obvious team playing to lose. Now it appears Mosgov and Deng will not play even though nothing is wrong with them. I so hope they are bumped out of the top 3 and lose their pick to Philli, however the Lakers have not been bumped back in their recent lottery stretch.

I think your right that we will finish no higher than 6 or 7. New Orleans seems to be jelling a bit lately. That is potentially OK as it decreases their chance of a top 3 pick but it will lower our 2nd first rounder a bit. Its a tight race for lottery position.

Today, I too hope the youngins get plenty of playing time. They will try to win but I recon its a Suns victory as they try and are playing at home.
The Kings own first rounder is most likely going to Chicago to finally fulfill the Casspi/ JJ Hickson trade. The 2nd that came in the Cousins deal is indirectly from Philly.