Kings summer league

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Bryce Brown is still the only name I've heard get an invite. Most of the prominent non draftees are off the board. Kings could always use another SG or 3. haha.

I'm still waiting to see Jordan Caroline get an invite. He's PJ Tucker clone and I know Walton has had his eyes on him for awhile. He'd have a legit shot to make the team.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Anyone know if there is another Sac summer league this year? Probably not I'd imagine considering no first rounders.
Ahhhh, I bought tickets a month ago for the California Classic. It's existence has nothing to do with a teams roster or 1st rd picks. It's a league sanctioned event, that exceeded attendance expectations in Sacramento last year, and so they returned again this year.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Im still a little salty they didn't keep Isaiah Cousins around hes better than F. Mason at least.
Lordy, Frank Mason isn’t more terrible from the guy who has yet to ever get a shot from anyone in the NBA. The hate he gets is overblown!

Meanwhile, my dreams are crushed as Tacko went to the Celtics.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Any word on whether Harry Giles is going to play? I imagine Bagley is more than likely not.
It's probably 50/50 on Giles. I'd be surprised if Bagley plays, and if so, it's likely he'd only play in one game, and probably in Sacramento. I would expect Gabriel, Swanigan, and Troy Williams to play along with all three of our 2nd rd picks.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I'm ok with this. Don't think Bagley really needs the seasoning but I'd like to see Giles get some high usage minutes out there.
Remember the one time he played with the deep bench and threw the ball away every other trip down trying to force opportunities for his teammates? I imagine it will be like that for him, except against lesser talent so he’ll make it work.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
What does the SL roster look like so far?
Well, certainly no wing beef yet. I read somewhere Isaiah Pineiro got an invite. Kind of another slenderish athletic small ball PF. It will be interesting to see how the team performs after looking so bad the last few years largely due to being just a collection of guys. I get it that it's about development but having a team that can't function on the floor doesn't do much at all for development. Look at how bad Bagley looked last year. Part of that was the lack of skills around him.

Well, certainly no wing beef yet. I read somewhere Isaiah Pineiro got an invite. Kind of another slenderish athletic small ball PF. It will be interesting to see how the team performs after looking so bad the last few years largely due to being just a collection of guys. I get it that it's about development but having a team that can't function on the floor doesn't do much at all for development. Look at how bad Bagley looked last year. Part of that was the lack of skills around him.
He couldn't even take Derrick Jones Jr 1 on 1 and Jordan Bell completely shut him down. Soon as the regular season hit he was going 1 on 1 against much better players with success. Part of it was the lack of talent around him but he also showed vast improvement in just a few months.

He couldn't even take Derrick Jones Jr 1 on 1 and Jordan Bell completely shut him down. Soon as the regular season hit he was going 1 on 1 against much better players with success. Part of it was the lack of talent around him but he also showed vast improvement in just a few months.
Not just talent but skill. In particular shooting which killed a ton of spacing. Also I recall they posted him almost constantly so it just compounded things. Not to mention you had players like Mason who tried to do way too much out there. Right now the Kings have some shooting on the squad, problem is most of them figure to be PG's or combo G's and are 6'2" or shorter.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I am from Alabama these Auburn fans around here that know nothing outside of SEC football think Bryce brown and Jared Harper have made it to the NBA. And got mad at me for telling them it just summer league roster.