[Game] Kings @ Spurs - Monday, April 9 - 5:30 PT

Which Spur(s) will have a career night against the Kings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Last road game of the year, against a team that for a change (for them) is actually battling for a spot in the playoffs instead of being locked in. Their record stands at 46-34, and they're in a 3-way tie for 6th with New Orleans and Oklahoma. They lose either or both of their remaining 2 games and there are a lot of combinations where they won't go to the post-season as anything other than spectators. So,, any chance of them sitting players or playing their minor leaguers is slim to none.

There's no doubt that Coach Joerger and our young Kings would LOVE to play spoiler. I would love to see them do it. Let's be honest, though. This is Gregg Popovich's team we're talking about and they're playing for their lives in front of their hometown fans. A Kings win would be a miracle. But isn't that what the Kings are all about? Nobody thought we'd still be in Sacramento. Nobody thought we'd have a state-of-the-art facility. And nobody thinks we'll beat the Spurs. Cue the music...

GO KINGS!

Last edited:
I hope we play with all the attributes that VF usually uses, plus a little nasty. But in the end, I'll be content if we lose while coming to believe that we can beat these guys, and we will beat them next year as we inch our way toward our first playoff run in, well, err, let's just say "in several years."

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Oh wonderful. It's Fan Appreciation Night in San Antonio. Spurs fans are bad enough on a regular night; this is gonna be a real test for our young Kings. Just checked the CBSSportsInjuryReport for tonight. George Hill is listed as a "game time decision" for the Kings. (...sigh...), while the Spurs have Kawhi Leonard as "expected to be out until at least April 11".

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Based on my post above, I think it's a safe bet at least one of the Spurs will respond to the cheers of the crowd and have a stellar night. (This isn't about whether we win or lose). I added a poll so you can predict which Spur(s) you think will fill the bill. Because of choice limitations, I grouped the three grizzled veterans together and then those who, while on the roster, play the fewest minutes. (The choices are in order of playing time.)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I thought about Anderson but ended up going with the aged trio. Ginobili especially seems to regress about 10 years whenever he plays us.

I voted Kyle Anderson.

I get the feeling that Anderson may be on Vlade's Free Agent radar his summer.

If the Kings don't draft a SF, I wouldn't be surprised if Kyle Anderson is a King next year. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
23-12 with 2:38 left in the first? I wouldn't have dared to dream. :)

Love seeing Jack Cooley out there...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I haven't paid much attention to the Spurs this year. This first quarter has answered one question I had - I can see why they haven't already locked up a playoff berth. These are still Pop's Spurs but they aren't the same.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Blowing out the Spurs to both knock them out of the playoffs for the first time in two decades and lower our lotto chances would be maximum KANGZ

gunks

Hall of Famer
Blowing out the Spurs to both knock them out of the playoffs for the first time in two decades and lower our lotto chances would be maximum KANGZ
Especially when Spurs land the #1 pick, bumping us further down in the draft!

This would be an epic spoiler if Nigel Hayes and the Kings can pull it off!