Kings @ Sixers Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
On January 24th Kings beat Jazz 113 - 80 to improve to a solid 32 - 10 at that time. Kings won the 2nd quarter 28 - 14 and went to the HT with 19 pts lead. The rest of the game was garbage time. It was a game where every Kings player scored. Webber led the Kings with 24/4/3, Pedja had 21/5,Mike had 15 pts. Bobby had 18/7 of the bench.

The Sacramento Kings don't give you much of a chance in Arco Arena.

"With this team, as good as they are, I'm not sure we could have competed against their second team," Utah coach Jerry Sloan
said.
"Their second group would have beat us by 20."

In improving to 24-1 at home, the Kings took the lead for good just over seven minutes into the contest, opened a 19-point halftime lead and poured it on right until the final buzzer.

"I just think we've gotten used to beating everyone here," Kings center Vlade Divac said. "When we play here, we're supposed to win. That's just the mentality we have."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Kings 17 - 23 picked up a losing streak in less that 24 hrs which is not easy to do. Only 5-12 on the road which is usual for bad teams - Kings strted this trip 0-2 and suddenly 3-3 looks great but almost impossible. Any time the hopes go up - a disappointment follows. After 40 games of the season we can definitely say that - yes we are as bad as the record shows. With 4 starters 'hurting" and no trades in sight - things might get worse.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Hard to find anything positive to write about our situation these days and there is a saying that -if You don't have anything nice to say about someone/something - it is better to say nothing. (Obviously I don't work that way). Now - if there was an exception to the rule - it would be LA Kobes.

Now, before everything else - let's just say that it was an amazing performance by a great player.

While ago when he scored 60+ pts in 3/4 agains the Mavs - he was taken out of a game because it was over. For a moment there - Lakers actually showed class. It was just false alarm or the theory of big numbers. Last night - I was shocked that they did not make the game go into couple OTs so he can have 100+. Also I was afraid that Sasha Vujacic would be fired for taking that last shot - how dare he? Kobe just realized that 51 was not enough to win. If Your team needs 81 pts from one player to win - You don't have a team.
-------------------------------------------------------------

You can't blame the Raptors. That was their only ticket to sports history. How else would they get to BSPN classic or Hardwood Classic. At the end I was surprised that they did not give him assists too. Some 20 years ago I was watching late Drazen Petrovic score 100 + pts in a game ( I am not comparing the players or the competition). His "teammates" just played defense and gave him the ball. In the 2nd half they did not even leave their own half. He played all 40 minutes. It wasn't a game - it was a rag.

So - I was thinking what would happen around here if by any chance a Kings player would score 81 pts. ( If You recognize Yourself - don't be offended - just a joke). Obviously, after such a game ther would be a "any question" - thread where we would ask questions like "why can't he be more consistant? followed by a "why can't he do it every night ? - question.

Somebody would bring up that the player is clearly one dimensional because he did not do anything else but score 81 pt which is no big deal since Tony Delk scored 53 and he is a bench warmer on the Hawk roster. Also we there would be argument about how much the team had to work do get him the ball etc. Then there would be complaints like - why did Martin not play more, or where was Skinner, or why didn't we go to Corliss in the low post. Next thing would be - to discredit the Raptors since anyone can beat Raptors but You have to do that against a good team. Also it would be a good argument why SAR has to start over KT and other way around.

There is more. this kinda performance would certainly require a "we are all going to die" thread in which we would discuss how this ties up with the end of the world. Also it would be a great occasion for the reapperance of the famous thread series "I am really worried now" in we would discuss how we are not going anywhere if we need a player to score 81 in order for us to win.

Never a dull moment on Kingsfans.com
So, as expected we lost to the Heat because Shaq/Zo were just too much to handle. We did well in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Unfortunately, NBA made us play the 1st and the 4th quarter. kings should petition to the NBA to excuse them for the 4th quarter due to chronical sucking in the same. Or at least - we should petition that every opponent is required to have Walton/ Odom on their roster. JWill looked good out there. So much talent combined with no brain and no work etics. But amazing talent nevertheless.
Sixers are next, and it will be hard again because we have 4 starters that are banged up and because we have to play 4 quarters yet again. We lost to Sixers at ARCO mainly because Igoudala/Dalambert had their career games at the same time. After being scared off by Howard and Zo - Dalambert might be next. looks like we might die by a jumper yet again
Mike - did not look good last game. He needs to play if possible just because i couldn't really get used to J Hart as a starting PG
Brad - was pimpslapped by the Heat combo. If he shoots well we might be fine
Pedja - gave us one solid quarter. played way too many minutes
SAR - respect
Bonzi - looks like we traded Bobby for Bobby II
Kevin - I am lost on this one
Garcia - Cisco is alway doing something - good or bad
KT - they traded You - make them pay for it
Corliss - damned if he plays, damned if he don't
Skinner - had a solid strech but probably not enough to get more PT
Hart - he is used like Bobby was. Just a slight problem there - he ain't Bobby.
Sampson - might play again
RA - is he the best we could do ?
--------------------------------------------------------------
Sixers - AI and Webber will get theirs. My TDM award favorite is Hunter/Salmons. I am sure that even jamal Mashburn could drop 20 on us. they are not better than .500 team but we are not even that good
my format really sucks - have no clue why or how to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, piksi, another winner. You really have this board pegged... I was laughing at your prediction of the threads on this board.. I guess we are pretty predictable, but, hey it keeps us out of trouble, right? ;) Besides, constantly rehashing and debating about the team problems prevents any of us from sinking into a deep catonic depression as we make it through this season.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
piksi said:
So - I was thinking what would happen around here if by any chance a Kings player would score 81 pts. ( If You recognize Yourself - don't be offended - just a joke). Obviously, after such a game ther would be a "any question" - thread where we would ask questions like "why can't he be more consistant? followed by a "why can't he do it every night ? - question.

Somebody would bring up that the player is clearly one dimensional because he did not do anything else but score 81 pt which is no big deal since Tony Delk scored 53 and he is a bench warmer on the Hawk roster. Also we there would be argument about how much the team had to work do get him the ball etc. Then ther would be complaints like - why did Martin not play more, or where was Skinner, or why didn't we go to Corliss in the low post. Next thing would be - to discredit the Raptors since anyone can beat Raptors but You have to do that against a good team. Also it would be a good argument why SAR has to start over KT and other way around.

There is more. this kinda performance would certainly require a "we are all going to die" thread in which we would discuss how this ties up with the end of the world. Also it would be a great occasion for the reapperance of the famous thread series "I am really worried now" in we would discuss how we are not going anywhere if we need a player to score 81 in order for us to win.

Never a dull moment on Kingsfans.com
Excellent, piksi...

The only one you forgot is the one about firing the coach because any coach who would let a player do that to the opponent clearly isn't worth keeping.

;)

EDIT: And I fixed your format for you.

Last edited:
VF21 said:
Excellent, piksi...

The only one you forgot is the one about firing the coach because any coach who would let a player do that to the opponent clearly isn't worth keeping.

;)
or how it is Webber's fault that this player hasnt done 81 multiple times...
or if Bibby would play better D then X player would score more then 81.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
TDM = Matt Barnes: Payback...10 points/10 rebounds.

Honorable mention: Lee Nailon...Offensive only player...Field day?

So far I'm pretty much zero for all my guesses, so let's keep that trend agoing.

With Bibby hobbled, does Iverson torch us for 50? I hope not.

SLAB said:
TDM = Matt Barnes: Payback...10 points/10 rebounds.

Honorable mention: Lee Nailon...Offensive only player...Field day?

So far I'm pretty much zero for all my guesses, so let's keep that trend agoing.

With Bibby hobbled, does Iverson torch us for 50? I hope not
I have Iverson on my fantasy team :eek:

piksi

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:
Excellent, piksi...

;)

EDIT: And I fixed your format for you.
Thanks

and true - I should have definitely included that

Showtime tonight!
I just hope our players are going to put some strong effort and desire to win tonight.I think we should play this game like vs. Lakers - let Iverson to score but try to stop the other guys(especially C-Webb)+ score some open shots.

I just want it to be a good game (with us winning, of course). Hopefully Peja will have a great since it may be among his last wiht us. Have a blast, loopy!!

GO KINGS!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There are tons of threads about Peja and Artest, when they'll play for their new teams, etc.

Let's not turn this - the game discussion thread for tonight's game against the Sixers - into a rehash of what's already being discussed elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.