[Game] Kings @ Sixers 10/01/12

Not going to do a write-up (Cough*Piksicomeback*Cough) as I don't have the time.

Philly have been playing very well this season, with a record of 6-2. Our very own soggy waffles has been putting up career numbers, admittedly (bizarrely) in an attempt to get paid. Expect a motivated performance tonight - hopefully Cousins bullies him and keeps him shooting 3s.

We've been playing much better under Smart despite a lack of time for any new semblance of an offense to be implemented. Tonight could be a tough night for us, however. They play as a team and I'm not sure we'll have what it takes, yet. A win would be huge for us but this is a tough, talented team we're going up against.

We'll need big nights from Tyreke and Cousins, and we'll also need a solid night from Jimmer who starts in place of Thornton. Hopefully we're in this game at the end of the fourth.

This game is simple. Tyreke needs to get his and Boogie needs to beat up Spencer. Jimmer needs to take his chance and our bigs need to be effective. Hows Elton Brand going this season. He could very well be a factor.

This game is simple. Tyreke needs to get his and Boogie needs to beat up Spencer. Jimmer needs to take his chance and our bigs need to be effective. Hows Elton Brand going this season. He could very well be a factor.
Elton Brand is averaging about 8.1 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 1.1 bpg in about 26 mpg

Jimmer has been completely disappointing. If he can't hit the open shot or pass, then why is he even on the court? God knows he can't play defense.

I'd rather have IT in there instead of him

The one that had just happened. :)

Jimmer has only assists on team at the time being. :) protecting that stat by refusing to make any shots passed to him.

I have seen John Salmons do nothing Donte Greene wouldn't do in equal minutes this year... which only really means neither guy deserves to start at SF in the NBA. I'd still rather see Donte though .. pretty sure he can match Salmons .200 3p%

I think the offense looks better, still early but they've moved it more.

but damn Jimmer needs to work on his handle, stop picking it up, or just shift it!

and get it inside! Everytime Cousins has gone low he's scored.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Cousins is still un-freaking-believable. He actually made it through a quarter with only one foul (picture me hea scratching with a smile) Let Jimmer play but this idea he is a "rue PG, whatever that is, seems to be overplayed so far. Anyway, let him play. Use IT, also, and I suspect as IT doesn't have the pressure on him like Jimmer does he'll play better. I have a hard time being overly critical of rookies.

Cousins watch - only one foul in the quarter, killing the 76ers (he's really just about the only offense the Kings have other than "drive-and-kick"), but the last one down the floor almost EVERY play.

Salmons and Jimmer are really hurting the Kings with both their offense AND defense.
The Kings simply cannot compete in the NBA if they are going to keep playing this bad, regardless of what Tyreke and DMC do.