Kings Signing Damian Jones To A 10-Day Contract

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Apologies because the name is only vaguely familiar, bigger guy but what's he going to bring?

Is there seriously not anyone in the G-League thats 19-22 they can take a lot at? Where is that Clippers 1st round pick player the Kings traded for? Jones is not very good and never has been and capped on potential. I know the Kings are still pushing for the 10th seed but come on this is the perfect chance to give a younger or actual talented player (Wagner) a shot.

Is there seriously not anyone in the G-League thats 19-22 they can take a lot at? Where is that Clippers 1st round pick player the Kings traded for? Jones is not very good and never has been and capped on potential. I know the Kings are still pushing for the 10th seed but come on this is the perfect chance to give a younger or actual talented player (Wagner) a shot.
I wouldn’t be mad at giving him a training camp contract and drafting his bro Franz...

i hope opening up the arena to fans wont hinder playing the youngs. yes fans want to see fox or winning basketball but now that its unlikely to get that 10th spot, we gotta see what we have. Or like others just stated see if we can take a flyer on someone with potential.

dude12

Hall of Famer
i hope opening up the arena to fans wont hinder playing the youngs. yes fans want to see fox or winning basketball but now that its unlikely to get that 10th spot, we gotta see what we have. Or like others just stated see if we can take a flyer on someone with potential.
Not going to happen.......remember in the bubble last year when we were eliminated, Walton doubled down and extended the minutes of Cojo and others.

Have any of you actually seen Wagner play - beyond highlights?

He's young enough to possibly turn things around, but... he takes charges and is good from the FT line. Might yet develop a 3-pt stroke, but not there yet. Athletic enough. He can't defend or rebound, far as I can tell.

If/when he gets picked up, it'll be by his 4th team in 4 years. Celts released him to make room for Jabari P. I'm really wondering what those of you excited about the prospect of picking him up are seeing.

Jabari Parker scores 11 first game on Celtics could have played him instead of Jones

Cojo on fire in Detroit

Two bench players putting up points while we cant get a player to sniff the bucket

Not that I want Cojo back, but sure reflects bad on the kings(cough- Coaching)

Why would any decent reserve player ever want to come here?

Jabari Parker scores 11 first game on Celtics could have played him instead of Jones

Cojo on fire in Detroit

Two bench players putting up points while we cant get a player to sniff the bucket

I watched part of this game and Parker looked pretty good in a bench big role. He barely got off the bench for the Kings.

Have any of you actually seen Wagner play - beyond highlights?

He's young enough to possibly turn things around, but... he takes charges and is good from the FT line. Might yet develop a 3-pt stroke, but not there yet. Athletic enough. He can't defend or rebound, far as I can tell.

If/when he gets picked up, it'll be by his 4th team in 4 years. Celts released him to make room for Jabari P. I'm really wondering what those of you excited about the prospect of picking him up are seeing.
I have watched a few games Wagner has played in. Now maybe I just saw his good games but he seems to play a pretty good all around game for a bench big. IMO he looks like the type of young player a team needs to put some time in developing. He has a good shooting stroke and is not afraid to bang in the paint. He does have a knack for drawing charges which is part of defense.

He was shipped out of LA in the Davis trade. I think the C's moved him because they wanted a small ball 4/5 like Parker. My eye test says Wagner has some raw skills that a good coaching staff could mold and use.

Miami likes him--> https://heatnation.com/rumors/miami-heat-interested-in-moe-wagner-if-he-clears-waivers/

I have watched a few games Wagner has played in. Now maybe I just saw his good games but he seems to play a pretty good all around game for a bench big. IMO he looks like the type of young player a team needs to put some time in developing. He has a good shooting stroke and is not afraid to bang in the paint. He does have a knack for drawing charges which is part of defense.

He was shipped out of LA in the Davis trade. I think the C's moved him because they wanted a small ball 4/5 like Parker. My eye test says Wagner has some raw skills that a good coaching staff could mold and use.

Miami likes him--> https://heatnation.com/rumors/miami-heat-interested-in-moe-wagner-if-he-clears-waivers/
I like Wagner, but I think the biggest things holding him back are defense, foul prone, and injury prone... and it seems like he can shoot but he is a sub-33% 3pt shooter each season in his career so far.

I'd also like to add that the fact that we are talking more about Wagner in the Damian Jones thread pretty well sums up Damian Jones' career to this point.

Cojo on fire in Detroit

If you said this about CoJo a week ago, you'd be right on the money, but he's hardly on fire now.

His last 3 games:
4/14 v LAC: 1/7 (0/2 3pt), 3 pts, 2reb, 3ast, 1 stl
4/16 v OKC DNP - rest
4/17 v WAS 3/9 (1/3 3pt), 8 pts, 3reb, 3ast, 3stl

I'd still like to see how much run Jabari gets when Time Lord returns. I get the impression that he is security for them trying to rest Tatum/Brown down the stretch if they can, so I expect his minutes to be more consistent than with the Kings, but still sporadic.

As to why any decent reserve player ever wants to come here... most don't, but the ones that do probably do so for the money.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Players who should have gotten legit stretches of rotation minutes this year to see what they can do or see what they got left in the tank...would have just taken 12-15 minutes per game for a few weeks to evaluate:

Jabari Parker
Kyle Guy
Justin James
DeQuan Jeffries
Robert Woodard
I don’t put Jahmius Ramsey in this group as I think he wasn’t ready to contribute but I’d play him some now

Last year Len and Baze got run and showed they much to give still but Parker wasn’t given the same chance for some reason despite proving he could contribute in this league

Whiteside has anchored the middle for playoff teams but his minutes are just random now for Sac

Guy showed a bit in the one game where he got time but Luke wanted to play Cojo infinity minutes if he could

James has continually displayed an aptitude for defense when getting some short stints....offensively challenged but I’m guessing if he knew he was going to continually get permanent time without fear of effing up we would see an uptick on O

Jeffries was a bubble favorite and then after being injured, coming back and knocking down 5 or 6 3’s in 1 game, went into witness protection program where we never heard from him again

Woodard appears to bring some physicality to the game and in preseason it was said he could really slide his feet and defend....something this team has lacked.

But Metu HAS played so there’s that. Walton’s record on being able to mix in youth and get them experience while taking advantage of what they can currently offer is abysmal....and we needed it and he’s killed this teams progress. Killed it.

Meanwhile, even playoff teams find time and take advantage of what a young player can off their teams......I mean players who I have never heard of contribute meaningful minutes. Woodard and Ramsey may have like 30 minutes combined, LOL.

Damian Jones rolls into the starting lineup. While I’m indifferent to that part, If I’m Woodard, Whiteside, Metu, etc I’m probably a bit pissed off