Kings select for the 8th pick - Nik Stauskas

yahoo has us 100% keeping Nik. also says we feel we can play him and ben together because of niks ball handling and pick and roll skills

I love Stauskas...

Nice stroke, can actually dribble, underrated athlete, smart dude, good size, did I mention he has a beautiful stroke?

And he isn't the type of dude who's confidence gets shot like Ben.

Ben better be in the gym!

The BabyFaceAssassin

I didn't like Payton, but the real question is passing on Vonleh who seemingly would've been a nice fit next to Cuz. Seven other teams passed on him too.

Stauskas is a very good half court player. Pick and roll, 3pt shooting obviously. NBA offense is mostly half court ball, so it may work out just fine.

I still think he plays a little PG down the road as a combo guard. Will be interesting to see him on defense in Summer League, that's the biggest issue.

Guy is a savant shooter, which is nice.

Taller Jimmer is a significant improvement in and of itself, considering that Jimmer essentially was a 6'1 SG who was also a poor athlete.

Stausksus has neither of those issues.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I don't mind the pick, he is a shooter and we do need one of those. What I am waiting on though is us acquiring that second draft pick that we ever so frequently talked about....

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
The BabyFaceAssassin

I didn't like Payton, but the real question is passing on Vonleh who seemingly would've been a nice fit next to Cuz. Seven other teams passed on him too.
I don't know why people keep saying he'd be such a nice fit next to Cousins. Has some range? Sure. But he'd need shots, isn't using his athleticism for much on defense, and from his recent interviews sounds like he might start lactating on court. If we'd drafted him I might have had to head on down to the Barclay Center and beat him up, just on general welcome to the neighborhood you big weenie principle.

I think this team can compete for the playoffs this year

Jimmer can't get open. He can't shoot over taller players. He can't create his own shot. He has zero chance of getting into the lane and scoring. Stauskas is none of those things.
What the....I didn't write the part about making the playoffs. How do I edit?