[Game] Kings @ Rockets - Wednesday, Feb. 14 - 5 PT

Who will garner the most Grant and Jerry fawning?

• Nene

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Luc Mbah a Moute

• Tank Brown

• Eric Gordon

• P J Tucker

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Oh goodie. Another night of watching Grant and Jerry drool all over themselves about a player on the opposing team. Who will it be? I'm even including a poll at this point.

We aren't gonna win this game. I don't even care. I just want my four usual points plus FOCUS. I would like to see James Harden and Chris Paul run into each other and knock each other out, but that's probably not gonna happen. My dislike of the Rockets increased exponentially when Chris Paul came to town. There is just nothing about him I like, except perhaps ONE of the State Farm Insurance commercials he did.

Fox, Bogs, Jackson, Z-Bo and WCS will probably start unless Randolph needs to rest for a couple of days. In that case, I've got no real idea who Joerger will go with. I guess we could put Koufos out there with the younguns...wouldn't leave much on the bench, though.

GO KINGS!

Oh goodie. Another night of watching Grant and Jerry drool all over themselves about a player on the opposing team. Who will it be? I'm even including a poll at this point.

We aren't gonna win this game. I don't even care. I just want my four usual points plus FOCUS. I would like to see James Harden and Chris Paul run into each other and knock each other out, but that's probably not gonna happen. My dislike of the Rockets increased exponentially when Chris Paul came to town. There is just nothing about him I like, except perhaps ONE of the State Farm Insurance commercials he did.

Fox, Bogs, Jackson, Z-Bo and WCS will probably start unless Randolph needs to rest for a couple of days. In that case, I've got no real idea who Joerger will go with. I guess we could put Koufos out there with the younguns...wouldn't leave much on the bench, though.

GO KINGS!
If we win this game, there will be a sleuth of bears waiting for you at your front door. ;)

I just erased my brilliant post about tonight's game because I wanted to save VF from having to take time away from her bear-watch duties to either delete my post for excessive negativity, or complain about my excessively negative post. Suffice to say that I'm not looking forward to watching our youngsters get schooled by a team that a) I don't like, and b) probably won't even make the finals. The only thing more predictable than the game's outcome is that chorus of two posters whailing about how Willie should model himself after Clint. Well, there's also the Jon Brockman fan club that now has their sights on Koufos as our long-term answer at center.
Go Kings!

We should try to just focus on looking for some positives out of our core.

Good decisions and playing under control from Fox, steady game from Bogs, continued strong play from Jackson, maybe a hot streak from Buddy.

I would like to see WCS get back to the aggressive game he was showing before he injured the knee, I wonder/suspect it is bothering him some what. He has not played with the same aggression since the injury.

Limit turnovers, keep the ball moving, make smart decisions. Guards and wings need to rebound well, Rockets shoot a lot of 3s so when/if they miss there may be a lot of long rebounds.

Most of all, I would like to see some signs of perimeter team defense, but that is probably way too much to hope for.

If they could improve in the areas above, they might keep the game close. That's all you can really ask for.

Oh, and I haven't even finished watching last nights game, just watched the 1st quarter and had to go to bed. Picked up a really nasty cold, miserable most of the time and getting up at 5:00 AM EST for work doesn't help it any. So, I'll finish watching last night's game when I get in and probably catch the 1st quarter of tonight's game and finish it tomorrow. (And yes, I will watch it no matter how lopsided, there's usually something to pick up in the bad games anyway. Who knows, maybe Kings get it together and play Rockets tough and close).

This should be a fun game to watch. Fox will attend the Chris Paul NBA PG Academy. Most likely Bogie will be matched up with Harden which will be a good test to measure Bogie's progress in the NBA. Paul and Harden might spend a good portion of the game on the foul line unless the Refs decide to let the Young Fellas play. If the Refs fall for the flopping then HELLO BENCH. Buddy should get plenty of shots up tonight as 3 pointers will be needed to hang with Houston.

Willie, JJ and Sampson hopefully will get some serious minutes. Once again the Refs loom large on who plays how many minutes.

Since ZBO played last night, I'm curious how much he plays tonight. Same with Vince. Garrett and Kosta should be ready to play as they are the teams "young" Vets:)

I can't wait for Mason and Skal to get back from injury. Also hope Bruno gets to show if he can play in the NBA.

Watch the Kings defense and the perimeter in particular. They have trouble against teams like Houson especially.
Agreed, there seems to be a lot of helping in the paint then guys running out to 3 point shooters. Seems like a recipe for lots of open 3 point shots by opposing teams.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I just erased my brilliant post about tonight's game because I wanted to save VF from having to take time away from her bear-watch duties to either delete my post for excessive negativity, or complain about my excessively negative post. Suffice to say that I'm not looking forward to watching our youngsters get schooled by a team that a) I don't like, and b) probably won't even make the finals. The only thing more predictable than the game's outcome is that chorus of two posters whailing about how Willie should model himself after Clint. Well, there's also the Jon Brockman fan club that now has their sights on Koufos as our long-term answer at center.
Go Kings!
ALL I've ever asked is that people NOT post negative comments in the game thread DURING the game. There are still people who enjoy sharing fandom from a positive point of view, which is why game threads were started in the first place. Is it really that hard to understand?

This whole board is one festering cesspool of negativity. Having one little spot where like-minded fans can be enthusiastic about a game while it's happening just doesn't seem too much to ask for.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Just checked the injury report. No surprises on the Kings side, with Mason, Skal and Shumpert shown as out until at least Feb. 22. On the Rockets' side, Eric Gordon and Brandan Wright are listed as "game time decision" and Ariza is expected to be out until at least Feb. 23.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Win or lose (probably the latter), I just want to see Fox tear it up.

And Bogs, WCS, JJ, Buddy can get in on that action too!

Maybe hold Harden under 40, but that may be too much to ask. Dude has been balling out this season, even by his standards.

Go Kings!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
With both DeFox and JJackson coming from Houston, we should hear a lot of cheer for the Kings tonight - in addition to the regular retinue of Kings fans who live there. Gotta wonder if Blob is at the game.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
DeFox looked nervous on that first shot, which would have been a Mitch Richmond three anyway with the very tip of his toe on the line...

Settle down, kid. You got this.

GO KINGS!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So how many multiples of uniforms do the Kings take on the road? I'm getting tired of seeing the City Edition jerseys.