[Game] Kings @ Rockets - 1/31/17 - 5PT/8ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
One more game in the road trip. While some are beating their chests in despair over the loss to the Sixers, others have a more rational approach. We should have lost to the Cavs, but we didn't. So it kind of evens out... at least in my POV.

I love this team. I love seeing team chemistry build. I love seeing DeMarcus continue to grow and improve as a player to the point where opposing broadcasting teams are virtually speechless. I have faith once again.

#GoKings

#LoyaltyIsLove

#SacramentoProud

#IHateHouston

Glenn

Hall of Famer
One more game in the road trip. While some are beating their chests in despair over the loss to the Sixers, others have a more rational approach. We should have lost to the Cavs, but we didn't. So it kind of evens out... at least in my POV.

I love this team. I love seeing team chemistry build. I love seeing DeMarcus continue to grow and improve as a player to the point where opposing broadcasting teams are virtually speechless. I have faith once again.

#GoKings

#LoyaltyIsLove

#SacramentoProud

#IHateHouston
I agree totally. It is amazing to me how quickly we forget the games we shouldn't have won. Things even out EXCEPT our putrid at home record. We have a team of the quality that should have won 1/2 of them. We chocked on these. Losing IN Philadelphia happens. We should beat the teams of the Sixers skill level in Sacto and we have failed too many times. I don't get it.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
This is probably the worst match up the Kings have had this season...way too many three point shooters to defend here. I'll be pleasantly surprised if the Kings hang with Houston.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I agree totally. It is amazing to me how quickly we forget the games we shouldn't have won. Things even out EXCEPT our putrid at home record. We have a team of the quality that should have won 1/2 of them. We chocked on these. Losing IN Philadelphia happens. We should beat the teams of the Sixers skill level in Sacto and we have failed too many times. I don't get it.
I actually think you're not giving the Sixers enough credit. Those guys compete. They play extremely hard. The last two games played against the Sixers without Embiid on the floor were very close, and that's not just by chance, imo.

VF, although I really appreciate your optimism.

The problem is, we are down 3 games in the standings for the 8th playoff spot, and if our goal is to make the playoffs, we NEED to win the games we should win.

Trading amazing wins and then losing games to teams like Phily, will leaves us out of the playoffs by the end of the season. :(

The problem is, we are down 3 games in the standings for the 8th playoff spot, and if our goal is to make the playoffs, we NEED to win the games we should win.

Trading amazing wins and then losing games to teams like Phily, will leaves us out of the playoffs by the end of the season. :(
ditto

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

We knew January was going to be really difficult. We could easily have lost every single game on this road trip...but we didn't. "Games we should win" is a nice concept but doesn't mean a thing. There are just too many variables to count on any games as easy wins or losses, especially if you're a Kings fan. ;)

You're already throwing in the towel? Sorry, but this season especially I just don't think the West has eight locked-in teams. Too many things can and probably will happen. My optimism is who I am, but in this case I think it's more being practical than anything else.

This really is a conversation for the Playoff thread, however, so I'll leave it at that.

#GoKings!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: The discussion of the latest silly rumor about Boogie being traded has been moved to the Personnel Moves forum and merged with the existing rumor thread.

Joerger needs to pull Cousins. He's given up about 18 of their 25 points on his own with lazy, half assed defense. This is frustrating to watch.

G

glassman

Has Joerger ever answered the question most people have in their mind; why play Cuz and Kosta at the same time? It's obvious to me that it is something Joerger really likes.
This is one of the teams that tandem totally doesn't work with... Ryan Anderson is too much for cousins and Koufos to keep up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.