KINGS record against the top 8 in the West

is 6-4 currently. And an admitted poor call away from potentially being 7-3.
**NOTE** The record is excluding themselves, of course, and including OKC. So it's the top 8 outside of SAC. And they haven't faced the Clippers yet.

If you overlook the 0-5 start, they're 6-1 against the top 8. A far cry from last season.

They just need to be better focused against the non-top 8 -- who they are 1-3 against -- to pump up the conference record.

I’m fully expecting the Kings to dominate tonight’s matchup. It’s important for their confidence that they get a lead and hold it without a letdown. They need to prove to themselves they can do it. I want to see the bench cleared in the 4th.

Its a little early to talk about seeding *cue Jim Mora* - jm2c.......not even at a third of the season yet. They've been playing better defense this season, no question. They have to improve their offense now while still even improving their defense. ppg differential can get better. Last year with their focus on offense they blew out quite a few teams - more so than this year. But close a win and a blowout are the same result.

Beating good teams is encouraging but getting over .500 is first stop, and then building wins over ,500 is 2nd base. 30-26 or better would = last season peak at the same point in the season.....that would be 3rd base. And if so they'd get a 2nd crack at finishing stronger - redemption.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
It's definitely a step in the right direction considering how many close losses to the top 8 teams in the West they lost last season....they need to continue to get one or two every now and then to keep pace in the race for the 7th or 8th

The west is still tough but I see a Lot parady out west and we need to capitalize on every game we can.
We have a decent defense and this coach is trying to not have those give away games like we saw the second half of last season

Come on kings you need to win this one at home.

I do think keeping in position matters. The horrible start has been recovered from, and a relatively easy stretch is ahead. If they're really going to the playoffs this year, there shouldn't be a lot of time spent outside the top 8 in the next month, if any.