Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

• F

• Total voters

The_Jamal

Hall of Famer
Got to see the money, but 2 year deal keeps his bird rights with us and he's young enough to fit the age curve. Fox (23) Hali (21), Mitchell (22), Davis (24) is a pretty exciting young back-court.

Probably means Wright is 100% moving and likely Buddy as well, unless the plan is to play him at SF full-time.

The_Jamal

Hall of Famer
Fox || Mitchell
Hali || Davis
??? || Harkless
Barnes
Holmes || Len

Rotation so far of guys I think will actually play. Ramsey/Neemias/Woodard/King in the developmental slots.

I think Wright absolutely gets traded, but holding onto Buddy/Bagley seems doable at this point. Just plug Buddy into the SF slot (was one of the better 5 man units in the league). As far as the bench if we compare opening day last year:

CoJo
Hali
Grob
Bjelica
Whiteside

to what we are currently including the deadline deals as apart of the "FA class" since we resigned most of them

Mitchell
Davis
Harkless
Bagley
Len

Really good depth progress honestly. Assuming this TD deal isn't anything crazy over 5 mil/season, he's done extremely well operating on the fringes. The big question is going to be what he does with his expensive core pieces.

Last edited:
I think some people are going to question this, especially non Kings fans because we haven't confirmed the Wright trade, nor dealt Buddy yet.

If we do get the financials, may hurt the grade of transaction. But I'm going to assume Monte will work out some trades.

I’m guessing 5-6mm per year. We’re operating over cap, so it doesn’t really matter that much. I think slightly larger helps us for future trades.
This is the range I find acceptable. (and will still give a B, because it amounts to turning your work in on time).
I definitely agree though that given we are drifting around the cap but nowhere near the luxury line, sometimes it is actually beneficial on these short deals to have a little extra for making numbers match.

Maybe they say, "It's A (or B) just simply for signing him back"?
Well next seasons cap could be impacted negatively, or positively depending on how much he got paid. For me at least. If it is like 2 years 3 mil per then I like it. If he is being paid more than 5 per year then I don't.

Relax. Monte is not going to give away the farm for Davis.
I like the Fox, Hali, Mitchell and TD backcourt. A lot.
Buddy is now totally expendable, as is Bagley. Let's find a good wing/forward who fits. I'm all done with offensive minded players who can't or won't stay in front of their man, and who aren't smart enough to know when to rotate and when not to rotate.

Relax. Monte is not going to give away the farm for Davis.
I like the Fox, Hali, Mitchell and TD backcourt. A lot.
Buddy is now totally expendable, as is Bagley. Let's find a good wing/forward who fits. I'm all done with offensive minded players who can't or won't stay in front of their man, and who aren't smart enough to know when to rotate and when not to rotate.
What's with this relax?

Reminds me of voting in elections, people without seeing all the details on propositions let's say vote on feelings. Just makes every poll here look biased.

What's with this relax?

Reminds me of voting in elections, people without seeing all the details on propositions let's say vote on feelings. Just makes every poll here look biased.
The cap is going up $10 million, we've got our entire core under contract, 11 guarantees next season, while I do expect Buddy gone, both he and Barnes are on declining deals. Multiple expirings of fringe players and about 30 million under the luxury tax. There would be no reason to be mad at this unless it was over 6 million, which was doubtful from the jump.

At 4, bargain.

Also this is like the least important thing in my life ever so comparing it to a political event or even a major life decision like what's for dinner tonight is a stretch.

So in 2 years we are gonna be calling monte a dummy for only locking him up for 2 years and him being an UFA with the ability to leave like holmes? Just want to make sure the exact reason we dump on monte for not knowing the future. ;)
We'll have full Bird rights though? But yeah, we can expect this, why didn't we sign him at 4/32 or something silly.

So in 2 years we are gonna be calling monte a dummy for only locking him up for 2 years and him being an UFA with the ability to leave like holmes? Just want to make sure the exact reason we dump on monte for not knowing the future. ;)
We won't have the same limitations because we will have his bird rights.