Votes: 11 57.9%
  • C

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • D

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Harkless can guard a few positions. It gives the Kings flexibility if they can land a legit, cornerstone wing.

But yeah. Bright side is that we are eating pie instead of crow?

Sacramento is not a free agent destination. You can hope and pray all you want, but without the ability to significantly overpay, we look for scraps. Getting decent scraps is better than no scraps.
then one probably should not say you draft BPA and fix it in free agency and trades.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
There better be something major happening if they want any chance at the playoffs. Len and Harkless just have us spinning our tires in the mud.
I think the real pieces are already here to be a playoff team. The problem is the coach running the show. He has a history of taking what should be pull in case of emergency signings like GR3/Harkless and puts them ahead of much more important pieces. I mean, if a coach puts in a Harkless over Haliburton like he did, the firing should be an epic tirade for the ages. Instead, they'll give it one more go around I guess. If this is all about moves, or needs to be, I don't think adding a backup PG is the answer if that's the big haul.

I think the real pieces are already here to be a playoff team. The problem is the coach running the show. He has a history of taking what should be pull in case of emergency signings like GR3/Harkless and puts them ahead of much more important pieces. I mean, if a coach puts in a Harkless over Haliburton like he did, the firing should be an epic tirade for the ages. Instead, they'll give it one more go around I guess. If this is all about moves, or needs to be, I don't think adding a backup PG is the answer if that's the big haul.
I feel like a Thibs or McMillan type coach could potentially get them into the play in but I don't think your average run of the mill coach could and we know Walton definitely wont. Trying to "win now" with Walton as the coach is a pointless task. I just still don't see a playoff team barring Mitchell having a Donovan type rookie season and Haliburton taking a big step forward.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I feel like a Thibs or McMillan type coach could potentially get them into the play in but I don't think your average run of the mill coach could and we know Walton definitely wont. Trying to "win now" with Walton as the coach is a pointless task. I just still don't see a playoff team barring Mitchell having a Donovan type rookie season and Haliburton taking a big step forward.
Yeah, the moves on their own don't make the difference. If they realize the talent they have they should easily be in that 8th discussion. If they try and play 12 guys equal minutes and still don't win then Monte is going to pay for that in a major way next offseason should a rebuild be necessary.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
The two are not mutually exclusive.
And that could be why position stacking via the draft while winning hasn't worked for Sac either. Now Mitchell better be that 4 position defender Monte propped him up to be. He's strong and willing so it should be interesting. But, if Vlade had dared to utter those same words he'd be getting castrated on this board right now for it.

And that could be why position stacking via the draft while winning hasn't worked for Sac either. Now Mitchell better be that 4 position defender Monte propped him up to be. He's strong and willing so it should be interesting. But, if Vlade had dared to utter those same words he'd be getting castrated on this board right now for it.
Season doesn't start tomorrow. If this is our roster on opening day I will admit defeat! :D