[Game] Kings @ Raptors Tuesday 1/22/19 @ 4:00pm PT/ 7:00pm ET

SLAB

Hall of Famer
B2B against even a Kawhi/less Raptors isn’t an easy task.

This team is difficult to understand. I truly don’t know who they actually are... probably a happy medium between the really good versions and really bad versions we’ve seen at various points throughout the year.

As long as Giles keeps getting minutes I’m going to be happy. It’s all about development for a better future to me still.

gunks

Hall of Famer
B2B against even a Kawhi/less Raptors isn’t an easy task.

This team is difficult to understand. I truly don’t know who they actually are... probably a happy medium between the really good versions and really bad versions we’ve seen at various points throughout the year.

As long as Giles keeps getting minutes I’m going to be happy. It’s all about development for a better future to me still.
Overachieving rebuilding team.

This team is gonna be a totally different animal in a few seasons. Our two most consistent guys play the same position (I'm talking Buddy and Bogs), we just need to be patient as fans and wait for Fox, Bags, and Giles to catch up with our killer SG rotation.

I'm loving all the wins this year, but this team shows all the hallmarks of a young squad that isn't quite there yet. There's gonna be blowouts, blown leads, and irksome head scratchers like the loss to The Suns. It doesn't help that all the vets on the squad (Shump, Bjeli, KK) are inconsistent role players that the kids can't really lean on.

Today will probably be a loss. Raps are still crazy good without Kawhi. But I'll be happy if it's not a blowout. Gotta show something after yesterday.

But hey, we could get a nice surprise!

Go Kings!

Would very much like to see the following:

1. Bags start over Bjelly. If not, Siakam is abusing him on the drive all night long. 5 early fouls.
2. Mason to come off the bench before Yogi. Or for Bogi to come off the bench before both. Yogi has been playing like crap on both sides of the ball lately.

Also, I don't see Willie containing a savvy, crafty vet in Ibaka. WCS usually matches up better with athletic bigs.

I actually don't really like any of the matchups at all:

Lowry has always been a bulldog defender. Him vs. Fox could be interesting. Lowry has had his share of injuries and is older now so I'm hoping he doesn't have the quickness to keep up with Fox.

Green, I believe is still a long, elite defender. The Kings will need to figure out how to get Buddy some open shots.

We're fortunate that Kawhi isn't playing, because I don't think we have a single player on this team that would be capable of guarding him.

This one could get ugly. I'm hoping we're in for a pleasant surprise.

Also, I don't see Willie containing a savvy, crafty vet in Ibaka. WCS usually matches up better with athletic bigs.

I actually don't really like any of the matchups at all:

Lowry has always been a bulldog defender. Him vs. Fox could be interesting. Lowry has had his share of injuries and is older now so I'm hoping he doesn't have the quickness to keep up with Fox.

Green, I believe is still a long, elite defender. The Kings will need to figure out how to get Buddy some open shots.

We're fortunate that Kawhi isn't playing, because I don't think we have a single player on this team that would be capable of guarding him.

This one could get ugly. I'm hoping we're in for a pleasant surprise.
Without Kawahi, I don't think the match up is as unbalanced.

The most glaring hole is the 4 spot, which gets remedied if Bjelly is pulled after two quick, consecutive fouls (likely within the first 5 mins, if he's starting).

Ibaka isn't quite as big an issue for WCS as Steven Adams--WCS has issues with those big, physical, hyper active types. Bags would eat his lunch in 1.5 years.

And whether the Kings bench will actually show up. Yogi has been an unmitigated disaster of late. Over dribbles and has gotten exposed on defense by bigger, quicker guards.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Would very much like to see the following:

1. Bags start over Bjelly. If not, Siakam is abusing him on the drive all night long. 5 early fouls.
2. Mason to come off the bench before Yogi. Or for Bogi to come off the bench before both. Yogi has been playing like crap on both sides of the ball lately.
Yeah. I’m ready for Mason again.

gunks

Hall of Famer
No Fox? I might not even tune in. Even with his awful shooting (lately), he still puts his mark on the game as a playmaker and gives us a few "wow" plays per game.

Of course, if there is any game for Joerger to just say "F it" and give heavy minutes to Bagley and Giles, this might be it. That could be entertaining!

No Shump is a plus though. Haha