Kings Poster

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum. A little bit about me, I grew up watching the Kings. I was watching them when Bibby, Webber, and Stojakovic were playing together. I went to a few games growing up and had a blast. More recently (last few years) I was invited to go with a friend of mine who had an extra ticket. We were literally court side. It was an amazing experience. Enough with that, onto my question.

I was cleaning out my room and I came across a Kings poster. I don't know who the players are that are on it. It also looks signed and numbered by the artist. I was wondering if anyone could give me information about it like who the players are, who is the artist, and if it carries any value. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

As you can see, the signature is not the same ink that was used to make the poster. It shines in the light and doesn't look printed by a machine. What do you guys think?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I have no idea who those players are, as we haven't really had anyone in the modern Kings era who looks like that, but based on the jersey designs and the uniform numbers, my guess is that they're supposed to be Omri Casspi, Jon Brockman and Tyreke Evans. But that drawing, to my eye, does not resemble the aforementioned players in any particular shape, form or fashion.

EDIT - And I see that stopping to proofread my post has led me to being ninja'd by LoungeLizard.

Thanks for your responses. I was doing a little bit of research and found out that they are Omri Casspi, Jon Brockman, and Tyreke Evans. I also found out that they were the Kings pick in the 2009 draft. What do you think of the artist signature and the 482/1000?

I have no idea who those players are, as we haven't really had anyone in the modern Kings era who looks like that, but based on the jersey designs and the uniform numbers, my guess is that they're supposed to be Omri Casspi, Jon Brockman and Tyreke Evans. But that drawing, to my eye, does not resemble the aforementioned players in any particular shape, form or fashion.

EDIT - And I see that stopping to proofread my post has led me to being ninja'd by LoungeLizard.
Ha, yeah I was going to add that I didn't think the artwork really looked like them. Interesting piece with their eyes closed dribbling the ball. I'm not really on the "art scene" so I have no idea if this was done by a local artist or what.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Thanks for your responses. I was doing a little bit of research and found out that they are Omri Casspi, Jon Brockman, and Tyreke Evans. I also found out that they were the Kings pick in the 2009 draft. What do you think of the artist signature and the 482/1000?
I don't know what you mean by what do we think of the signature. I suspect it is real if that is the issue. I sure don't know who it is if that is the question.

I'll help figure it out if it can be figured out. Not sure where to start but with Google.

Edit: Why don't you know? It can't be more than 5 years old and was found in your room. Ask your relatives.

Last edited:
I have asked and no one knows where it came from. My step father said it could have been from a commercial he shot but doesn't remember. I've searched online and can't seem to find anything about the poster.

The numbers would indicate a limited edition series of only 1,000. This one would be #482, of course, out of only 1,000 produced.

Found it. It is a hand-signed, original lithograph by Sacramento's own Dave Garibaldi. It was a giveaway to a Clippers game. http://garibaldiarts.com/new-kings-x-garibaldi-limited-edition-print-available-april-8th/

Garibaldi has more famous now than he was then. I'm sure it has some value to either a Kings fan or a Dave Garibaldi fan. You should protect it from damage like sun fading or acid (like using acid-free paper or containers).

You can take it to Michael's store and ask how to protect it or frame it. (Good framing is expensive.)

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it. I was really curious who the artist was and what it was for. I'll look into getting it framed and protected. Do you think it has a numerical value?

I do, primarily because it is a limited edition, signed work by Dave Garibaldi. You could try getting it appraised.

If you don't want to pay to get it framed, at least get advice on how best to store it.