[Game] Kings @ Pelicans - Thursday, March 28 - 5:00PT/8:00ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kings still haven't been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, but does anyone here still have hope for that? It seems that we are resigned that next year will see our return to the playoffs. I can live with that. It's a shame, however, that we and the team have lost confidence since the all star break, as if someone stole our mojo. Or is it really the loss of our spirit guide, Shump?

Tonight it's the Kings at the Pelicans, a team that is freefalling to the tune of losing 9 of their last 10 games. Anthony Davis did not play in their last game (against Atlanta) and is day-to-day with lower back spasms. Jrue Holiday and E'Twaun Moore are out for the remainder of the season.

The Kings can take no team for granted, regardless of record, as we are more than capable of losing to almost any lottery-bound team if we don't come ready to play hard and smart. But I like our chances tonight. And Harry? It's time for you to get back on the horse!

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Joerger said on 1140 he's going to be trying some new things with this team coming down the stretch. He wasn't specific, but it sounded like he wants to try some things out that he wants to use next season. It was interesting to me how incredibly upbeat he was in the interview. Joerger has often been very curt in his replies and withholding in the information he supplies. In this interview, he was positively effusive and generous in his answers. It make me wonder if he's gotten some news that Kings management is working on extending his contract.

Joerger said on 1140 he's going to be trying some new things with this team coming down the stretch. He wasn't specific, but it sounded like he wants to try some things out that he wants to use next season. It was interesting to me how incredibly upbeat he was in the interview. Joerger has often been very curt in his replies and withholding in the information he supplies. In this interview, he was positively effusive and generous in his answers. It make me wonder if he's gotten some news that Kings management is working on extending his contract.
Either that or the burden of pushing for the playoffs has been lifted and he can really throw out things that he feels may work well for us in seasons to come.

Either way he clearly has the support to do so. Trialing things now makes high level sense, it gives everyone a blueprint of what they need to focus on moving into the summer

Personally I still have high hopes that we will make the playoffs and I'm fully confide-

Nah we're done. Hopefully we finish the season strong though and the young guys look good so I can go into the summer with a good taste in my mouth. It's a tad bit sour right now with the post AS break regression.

Because the coach is calling a Willie iso play....
He's clearly gone to more post up to finish the year. If you don't think that's been a part of the plan for the last stretch of games then he's lost control of his team. I don't think he has. He's gone back to some of the same Zbo calls from last year and the result is, well, the result.

He's clearly gone to more post up to finish the year. If you don't think that's been a part of the plan for the last stretch of games then he's lost control of his team. I don't think he has. He's gone back to some of the same Zbo calls from last year and the result is, well, the result.
It's really isn't clear.

As we have played better defenses and teams have been scheming well against us, we have been forced into some Willie post move possessions.

I see few if any plays called for a Willie post up.

Wouldn’t mind having Randle on this team. Bull in a china shop to compliment Bagley and Giles games.
Is he though? He looks like he's their version of Bagley. I'm not sure you can realistically give enough attention offensively to two players like that with the other pieces on the Kings right now. You'll never get the value out of what it would take to sign him.

It's really isn't clear.

As we have played better defenses and teams have been scheming well against us, we have been forced into some Willie post move possessions.

I see few if any plays called for a Willie post up.

It's not just Willie. They've been running a ton of post up lately. More than they should. Through Bagley, Giles, Barnes, and Bjelica. Some is fine but I'd certainly say the Kings don't have much of a future running post sets as much as they have been. I guess it's about finding a balance. The issue is that balance is shifting more towards the failures of last year and less towards more pick and roll that makes the most out of the shooting and athletic ability the Kings have.

Status
Not open for further replies.