Kings @ Pacers Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
It is great being Kings fan these days. It has always been great but especially these days. It must suck to be Lakers fan.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am adding a new feature to this thread. We already have a TDM - award. I was so inspired by the performance of Luke Walton on Tuesday that created in his honor the - "Luke Walton - Vacuum Cleaner" award or LW - VC award. It will be give to any opposing player that manages to suck against us in a game as bad as Luke did on Tuesday night or the game at ARCO back in January or as well as my vacuum cleaner does on regular basis.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kings lost 2 straight in the last 2 years on this day.
However, on March 17th 2001 Kings won in Toronto 116 - 113 to improve to 47-18 for the season. A 7 man rotation yet again got the job done. Kings once again were lead by Webber who had his usual 30/15/6/3st. Bibby had 22/3/4, Doug had 18/4/6, Hedo had 15/8/2, Vlade had 12/7. Of the bench Bobby had 11/5/3 and Scott had 7/4/2 st. Gerald Wallace played his usual 3 minutes.

"With Peja out, I felt pressure to pick up the slack," Webber said. "This was a big win because it was like a playoff game for them."

The Kings cruised over the last 25 seconds and won for the fifth time in six games. They also completed a 4-1 road trip against Eastern Conference teams, suffering only a 113-96 loss to the Knicks on Thursday.

"We've been more consistent on this trip," Adelman said. "If we're going to stay where we are, we're going to have to win on the road. I was fearful of these guys, but our guys learned a lesson in New York. We made the plays we needed to to win this game." (RA always sounds the same)
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Kings 33-31, (yes You are not halucinating - it is 2 games over .500) coming of an easy win in the easiest game of the season are as hot as any team in the NBA right now. 8 ot of the last 10, 15 - 5 in the last 20. Won 5 in the row which is the NBA's best at the moment (next best is 3), 13 straight at home. All this combinet puts us in the 7th spot in the Western conference 2 games behind the 6th spot. Most importantly, the bad odor that was above us for almost the whole season is gone for now. The air is much better up here. The odor is still there - it is just below us;).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kings have won 10 out of the last 15 games against Lakers. Still 5 losses too many if You ask me. I have pretty much watched all the games between those 2 teams in the last 5 years. Never was a game as easy as it was couple nights ago. Usually, I am nervous, fired up, jumpy, on edge. Not on Tuesday night - I was sitting quietly and watching the game having a great time and no doubt whatsoever in who is going to win. On the other hand - it is kinda boring watching a game and knowing a winner befor the game even starts. Now, there are 82 games in a season and You are never sure and things can always go wrong. I am always reserved and careful. On Tuesday night it was a perfect situation. Lakers were ripe, Kings are more talented and we are also playin well. ARCO was rocking, the game meant a lot, Ron said that he will "stop" Kobe, Lakers suck. Just a perfect night.
Lakers have fans.:eek: What can You do - nobody is perfect. Yesterday I went trough their boards because I needed a laugh. They like us as much as we like them which is strange considering the rivalry being dead. They also say that we have "inferiority complex" and they continue to live in the past in which they were "good" and had the best refs that money can buy. the way that Lakers suck - pretty soon the "history channel" will be the only place where they can see themselves being any good. Their PO games can only be sen on SciFi channel. They will win another PO series ant time soon only if Nicholson or DeVito make another movie and the script says so.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Open letter to KG

Dear Kevin - Your team sucks. Even worse to than the Lakers. Yes, it is that bad - don't deny it. chances of You getting in the PO any time soon is as big as the chances that Knicks will win 20 games any time soon. Winning the ring in Minny is as realistic as the existance of Santa Claus. You have got to get out of there.. I know a good place, with a great coach, the best fans in the league and a team that is "You away" from being great. You can be "the Man" as long as You don't tell it to Ron. You will not lose as much especially not to the Lakers. Now, I am sure that You will have other options but none of them is nearly as good as the one I offer. You won't see much snow and cold anymore. Charles Barkley and the rest of the "experts" will still hate the team that You play for. The fans will love You. You are getting old - so think about it. P.S. increase Your insurance policy before coming over.
When the trade was finalized (for the 24th time in 48 hrs) - it was clear that tomorrows game won't be just a game. Too much history. I hope that this happenes as just a basketball game and nothing else. You will have a Pacers crowd that will react the way thet they will react. I can't imagine - -that it will be positive reception and I can't blame them. You will have Ron dealing with it - in some way. You will have Ron playing against his former teammates and there is no guarantee that there will be no tension. You have Pedja playing Kings for the first time. it will be wierd but not nearly as much as it would be at ARCO. I just hope that everything goes well.
Considering everything - I would have seiously considered sitting Ron out. We are playing way to well to take any kind of chances. I would ever rather lose a game than risking losing Ron for any period of time. Ron doesn't have to cause anything as long as he is involved - it will be his fault. Now, he has only himself to blame for it but that doesn't do us any good. Ron Artest will never again be suspended just for 1 game. If anything and I mean anything happenes - David Stern will not miss the opportunity to strike. I am just saying that looking on the big picture - we can lose big time. Some of You may think that I am overreacting and I hope that you are right because I sure hope that I will end up being wrong.
tonights game is still Kings vs. Pacers. Not Ron vs. Pedja or Brad vs. Foster/Harrison or anything else. Surely, the matchups will be interesting to watch especially considering that Ron and Pedja did not meat very often. As for Ron shuting down Pedja - as long as Kings finish the game with at least one point more than Pacers - Ron has done his job and so did everyone else. It is so hard to predict what will happen because there are so many unknowns that we have to deal with. There is noone that knows Pedja better than RA & co. There is no need to worry from that side. We also know that Pedja is capable of scoring a lot. He might not do it because of many well known reasons - but he is capable. If he scores 30+ and we win - I will be happy. If he scores 15 and we lose - it will still suck. My point - Kings play Pacers and we need the win. Everything else is secondary.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Last game was easy because Kings played with the right attitude and intensity. We has way too much fire power for Lakers to handle over 48 minutes. Only reason for concern were turnovers that kept Lakers in the game. Kobe = property of Ron Artest.
Tomorrow night - won't be that easy. pacers are solid without their best player. They are deep and have enough talent. We need to keep them of the boards and we need to make sure that either Jackson or Jones have a ball as much as possible because they stall their game which not only makes them take bad shots but also keeps them of the boards. Basically we need to keep the game close which shouldn't be a problem. If we do that - they will give it to us.
Mike - will be challenged defensively. We need him playing well from the start.
Ron - make sure he doubles the dosage of pills for this game. Just don't get in trouble Ron! please !
Brad - going home. Harrison will give him problems but Brad will get him back on the other end. Stop turning the ball over.
SAR - we need more
Bonzi - also going home - just stay healthy
Kevin - it is a road game - so it will be interesting.
KT - no complaints here
Garcia - welcome back - hopefully
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The rest - god I hope not !
---------------------------------------------------------------------
RA - keep Ron sane and Pedja silent
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Pacers - I have watched them quiet a few times. They are doing great considering that Jackson is their primary option. They have a set rotation which makes them predictable. We have to keep Foster of the glas because if we don't we will pay. They have bunch of young and athletic guys of the bench. They can't blow out anyone but they don't lose big. TDM -award will go to Harrison. Foster may soon qualify for TDM award for lifetime achievement. LW - VC award goes to Stephen Jackson.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pacers lost last night. They should have won. Peja was up to his old 4th Quarter Tricks (1-6) after shooting over 50% for the rest of the game. Stephen Jackson according to most of there fans is killing the team with his definitely poor shooting performances. Maybe we can have more of those ^^.

piksi said:
"With Peja out, I felt pressure to pick up the slack," Webber said.
AV would interpret this as.... Chris Webber would not shut his mouth. He called Peja a slacker and sarcastically said that since the slacker was out he had to slack a little ;)

bigbadred00 said:
Pacers lost last night. They should have won. Peja was up to his old 4th Quarter Tricks (1-6) after shooting over 50% for the rest of the game. Stephen Jackson according to most of there fans is killing the team with his definitely poor shooting performances. Maybe we can have more of those ^^.
Peja had a good game. He hit an important 3 to tie the game and his last shot with 2 seconds left was in an out. What is surprising me, Peja has been scoring alot in the paint with Pacers. I would actually hope that Peja plays alot worse than he did yesterday. Jackson can keep up being the most valuable player..... for the opposing team :)

bigbadred00 said:
Melo is clutch city for last second shots. Best in the game, a million times better than Kobe.
??

Outta nowhere.

Anyway, Piksi - I think your new award idea is great! :) Maybe we can have an "Artested" award too.

SKFFL said:
??

Outta nowhere.

Anyway, Piksi - I think your new award idea is great! :) Maybe we can have an "Artested" award too.
We were talking about the Indy game. Melo hit a clutch shot with 2 seconds left to lift the Nuggets to victory. Guess that didn't come over when I said the Pacers lost. They lost to the Nuggets by 2. Peja missed a 25 footer as time expired.

piksi said:
They also say that we have "inferiority complex" and they continue to live in the past in which they were "good" and had the best refs that money can buy. the way that Lakers suck - pretty soon the "history channel" will be the only place where they can see themselves being any good. Their PO games can only be sen on SciFi channel. They will win another PO series ant time soon only if Nicholson or DeVito make another movie and the script says so.
-----
LOL Piksi. Maybe Lakers should consider bringing Nicholson or DeVito off the bench instead of Walton?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Another nice thread start, piksi...

I do have one request. Would everyone please keep their fingers crossed that my power doesn't go out tomorrow? I can't get Comcast on the little TV...

About Peja? Peja is facing two guys tomorrow night who know his game better than probably anyone else still playing in the league today...I'm pretty sure Bibby and Miller have told everything to Bonzi and Ron.

I have more confidence in this current roster of Kings than I've had in a long time. I think they'll walk out of Indiana with another win...and I don't think Ron will be in any way distracted or bothered by the crowd. He's into the game with an intensity and focus I don't remember seeing in very many other players.

Kings win by 7 pts. Ron has a fine game. Peja has an okay, but pretty tough night.

TDM award - Probably Harrison, only one you could really say because it's only begun for him in the last month w/ JO out, and hasn't always been good. None of Indy's regular bench guys aren't unproven (Jasikevicius has been out of the rotation with Tinsley returning). Even Croshere over the years, but I doubt he plays well because he just came back from a couple injuries.

T

thesanityannex

SKFFL said:
??

"Artested" or "Rowned" awards would be nice. It is always fun to say Kobe got "Rowned".

piksi

Hall of Famer
thesanityannex said:
"Artested" or "Rowned" awards would be nice. It is always fun to say Kobe got "Rowned".
The problem with that is that there is only one Ron Artest on the team. Nobody else can stop a guy to save his life - one to one. It causes lack of options and higher predictability

piksi said:
The problem with that is that there is only one Ron Artest on the team. Nobody else can stop a guy to save his life - one to one. It causes lack of options and higher predictability
Probably not, but that doesn't mean there arent other guys who can play defense on this team.

bigbadred00 said:
We were talking about the Indy game. Melo hit a clutch shot with 2 seconds left to lift the Nuggets to victory. Guess that didn't come over when I said the Pacers lost. They lost to the Nuggets by 2. Peja missed a 25 footer as time expired.
Oh, okay - thanks for the enlightenment.

bigbadred00 said:
http://www.82games.com/random12.htm

Not really. Melo is an outstanding 57% (should be higher after last night) 8/14 (is 9/15 after last night). Kobe is 6-25 (24%). So yes I'm very serious and it's not even close.
I wonder what their career numbers are on those type of shots. Before George Karl took over Carmelo wasn't a clutch factor from what I can remember.

piksi said:
Open letter to KG

Dear Kevin - Your team sucks. Even worse to than the Lakers. Yes, it is that bad - don't deny it. chances of You getting in the PO any time soon is as big as the chances that Knicks will win 20 games any time soon. Winning the ring in Minny is as realistic as the existance of Santa Claus. You have got to get out of there.. I know a good place, with a great coach, the best fans in the league and a team that is "You away" from being great. You can be "the Man" as long as You don't tell it to Ron. You will not lose as much especially not to the Lakers. Now, I am sure that You will have other options but none of them is nearly as good as the one I offer. You won't see much snow and cold anymore. Charles Barkley and the rest of the "experts" will still hate the team that You play for. The fans will love You. You are getting old - so think about it. P.S. increase Your insurance policy before coming over.
Piksi, if you can pull it off - I'll start to collect money for your sculpture to be raised in downtown Sacramento...

This would be a big time win for us. Should be fun to see Peja try to light us up. He may very well show the Peja we haven't seen in a long time. Hope we get the W.

I'm glad that we have turned our defense around to the point where there is now a counterpart to the TDM. Love the LW - VC idea, mostly because of my feelings for the whole Walton family.

May the LW - VC live forever!

Go Kings!

Just a thought... you could add a TDM vs. LW/VC section to your awesome threads.

I really hope Peja will have great game tonight,but I also want Kings to win.That works for me:D
Anyway,since I wasn't on the net for a long time,just wanted to say how proud I am because I'm Kings fan.Those guys really ARE gold standard these days;)

VF21 said:
...and I don't think Ron will be in any way distracted or bothered by the crowd. He's into the game with an intensity and focus I don't remember seeing in very many other players.
I agree. I think Ron is focused on turning his career around, on playing some great basketball, and on WINNING. I think he wants to prove that the Pacers were wrong about him, and he knows he's not going to do that by flying off the handle. That's not to say I'm not a little apprehensive, but I honestly think it will be fine.

And, sorry Piksi, but I wouldn't even consider sitting Ron for this game. To me, that would be like saying we didn't trust him to control himself, and I think one of the reasons Ron is doing so well is that he knows he has a coach and teammates who believe in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.