Kings Media Guide

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If you haven't ever checked it out, the yearly media guide is a wealth of information about the Kings. Back in the day, they used to send print copies of these out to all the media folk. Those disappeared right about the time the Maloofs decided to cut as many expenses as possible and with the advent of technology, they never brought them back. It's still a handy reference for Kings fans. :)

If you haven't ever checked it out, the yearly media guide is a wealth of information about the Kings. Back in the day, they used to send print copies of these out to all the media folk. Those disappeared right about the time the Maloofs decided to cut as many expenses as possible and with the advent of technology, they never brought them back. It's still a handy reference for Kings fans. :)
I remember always looking forward to getting the Media Guide(s) in the mail when we had season tickets back in the day. I couldn't really wrap my finger around "why", but I enjoyed reading it/them for some (odd) reason...;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I still have my copies of the 2002-2003, 2003-2004, 2004-2005, 2005-2006, 2006-2007, 2007-2008, and 2008-2009 issues. I liked the spiral-bound copies much better but they only did those for a couple of years. It's fun to look back at all the faces. :)

I still have my copies of the 2002-2003, 2003-2004, 2004-2005, 2005-2006, 2006-2007, 2007-2008, and 2008-2009 issues. I liked the spiral-bound copies much better but they only did those for a couple of years. It's fun to look back at all the faces. :)
Sadly, I never kept my copies. I wish I did, though. Especially the ones from the early 2000s.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Everything moved digital. Game programs too
And that's always a good thing?

Sorry, but I think the rush to digitize everything is going to create a vacuum of treasures, collector's items cherished by many. It's kind of hard to get an athlete to sign your phone, but an autographed program (I am lucky enough to have several) is something I look at fondly. Just like vinyl is coming back and people are once again turning to real SLR cameras, I strongly suspect some print items will eventually return. Game programs could easily be one of those things.

And that's always a good thing?

Sorry, but I think the rush to digitize everything is going to create a vacuum of treasures, collector's items cherished by many. It's kind of hard to get an athlete to sign your phone, but an autographed program (I am lucky enough to have several) is something I look at fondly. Just like vinyl is coming back and people are once again turning to real SLR cameras, I strongly suspect some print items will eventually return. Game programs could easily be one of those things.
I hope so. Those, and the media guides as well. Both need to be available as hard copies. I don't mind if they digitize them, but at least offer a hard copy version for those, like you and I, who understand the sentimental value behind a hard copy version.