[Game] Kings @ Magic - Tuesday, Jan. 23 - 4 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Second verse, hopefully not same as the first. ;)

Although we lost to the Hornets and I screamed very loudly at my TV on occasion, I did see reason to have faith. Since Fox has come back from his injury, he has seemed more focused and more keyed in on what he should be doing. I honestly think he has yet to fully understand how fast he really is and how beneficial that can be when he's going up against bigger, more experienced players. Once he does truly master that skill, he's going to be leaving players in the dust and getting around them like they're standing still.

As I write this, they haven't said anything about Bogs. I would not be surprised, however, if we end up not seeing him against the Magic. That was a wicked hit he took when he ran into Howard. I hope he doesn't end up with aches and pains in the morning that aren't there right now.

Whatever the affinity our Kings have for collapsing into the paint absolutely has to stop. It's almost laughable at this point, except I don't think many of us are finding it very funny. It's horrible; it's pathetic; and way too many teams are figuring out that for some reason the Kings don't defend past the arc - or if they do, they abandon their man to follow the ball closer to the rim.

Kings v Orlando?

-Don't be fooled by Orlando's record; they are a more talented and developed team than we are. It's just that their season is imploding with dysfunction, which honestly makes their situation one of the most pitiable in the league. There's a good chance that dysfunction continues tomorrow, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them win tomorrow.

-The guys in the lineup that ended the Charlotte game averaged around 30 mpg, with the active vets around 20 mpg. I'm glad that Joerger is recognizing his most important players. Would still like to see more of that lineup though. I imagine that Hill and Koufos will sit tomorrow; hopefully we don't see the Zbo show continue.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Just a request/reminder that there is a moratorium on "tank" talk during the actual game. :) Thanks.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The Bogs hit is another situation of the Kings getting hit and nobody on the Kings hitting back. It's pretty embarrassing at this point. Reminding more and more of Theon Greyjoy in Game of Thrones in his early Bolton days.

Fox and Skal were very good against Charlotte. Just keep on keeping on.

WCS has to score 25 pts on 50%+ shooting with 15 rebs and 4 blocks to just redeem himself for the last game. He played so badly against Charlotte.

Despite the losing, I see plenty to make me optimistic about the future. There are so many little things this young team is doing incorrectly, and just correcting half of them is going to make a world of difference.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm seeing much better defense. Hope it's not just a fluke. Oh wait. We're playing the Magic. I suppose I should temper my excitement somewhat. :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I am mesmerized by Payton's hair. It's amazing to me that his teammates are able to even play when he's on the court.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
2nd night in a row this starting group of youngsters has kicked a**. No way they could have done that at the beginning of the season.
Exactly. And that's why I'm happy with how Joerger has managed their progress thus far.
-----------------------------------------
Kings look determined. I'm honestly happy to see Bogs out there. I really thought, after watching the replay of him running into Howard, that he might not be available.