Kings lose tie breaker, get #7 pick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome. So glad they picked up those ever important 3 wins at the end of the season. At least we have a rock solid FO that knows what they are doing ...
You know, its not even the combination of wins at the end of the season that stings, it's that ONE win against Houston on the last day of the season that really freaking hurts!

I would had been fine with having #6 pick all to ourselves.

Last edited:

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
The 7th pick in this draft is not bad at all though. Sure we were all dreaming of Ayton and Doncic at the All-Star break (and hey, there's still a chance) but ultimately all that matters is who you pick not what you did to get that pick and there will be some serious talent available to us at pick #7 or even at #8. Let's say the consensus top 5 right now is Doncic, Ayton, Bagley, Jackson, and Porter. That leaves the most likely players in our range as Mo Bamba, Wendell Carter, Trae Young and Mikal Bridges. Those would all be great picks for us! And somebody like Jackson or Porter could even slide a bit with questions about their health/productivity to answer.

I am getting a "sky is falling" vibe from this thread. haha.

Everyone, take a deep breath, many mocks still have Bamba, Wendell Carter and Mikal Bridges available at that spot. We'll get a quality player.

edit: heck, I'd be happy if our offseason produced this:

PG: Fox/?/Mason
SG: Bogdan/Buddy
SF: Bridges/ ?/ Justin Jackson
PF: Jabari Parker/Skal
C: WCS/ Giles

not bad.

You know, its not even the combination of wins at the end of the season that stings, it's that ONE win against Houston on the last day of the season that really freaking hurts!

I would had been fine with having #6 pick all to ourselves.
Been a die hard fan for 33 years, and I am at the end of my rope. I laid out why in my rant in the Kings/HOU thread after the game ended. Don’t really see things getting much better going fwd. My hope is they can hit on this pick, Giles pans out, they can somehow land a decent FA and the other young guys blossom....just not very confident on any of that occurring other than Fox and Bogie developing

The 7th pick in this draft is not bad at all though. Sure we were all dreaming of Ayton and Doncic at the All-Star break (and hey, there's still a chance) but ultimately all that matters is who you pick not what you did to get that pick and there will be some serious talent available to us at pick #7 or even at #8. Let's say the consensus top 5 right now is Doncic, Ayton, Bagley, Jackson, and Porter. That leaves the most likely players in our range as Mo Bamba, Wendell Carter, Trae Young and Mikal Bridges. Those would all be great picks for us! And somebody like Jackson or Porter could even slide a bit with questions about their health/productivity to answer.
Yeah, even if the Kings drop to 8, at least two of the following will be there (in alpha order): Ayton, Bagley, Bamba, Bridges, Bridges, Carter, Doncic, Jackson, Porter

I am getting a "sky is falling" vibe from this thread. haha.

Everyone, take a deep breath, many mocks still have Bamba, Wendell Carter and Mikal Bridges available at that spot. We'll get a quality player.
You know, its the imminent feeling of doom that we are going to miss out on our top player of choice and future all star by one pick!

For example, Mikal Bridges will be picked at #6 and we wind up with Trae Young at #7, another point guard (i.e. like having to draft Spencer Freaking Hawes one slot behind Joakim Noah 10 years ago).

It's the #KANGZ way of life!

Why can't we win one thing that matter for once!

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Been a die hard fan for 33 years, and I am at the end of my rope. I laid out why in my rant in the Kings/HOU thread after the game ended. Don’t really see things getting much better going fwd. My hope is they can hit on this pick, Giles pans out, they can somehow land a decent FA and the other young guys blossom....just not very confident on any of that occurring other than Fox and Bogie developing
Maybe this will help you feel better?

Buddy, De'Aaaron and Bogdan had some big moments for us this season. We just need to go BPA in this draft no matter what and we'll be adding a key player to compliment all that clutchness. I don't care about size or position this year. Just get somebody good. Even if it's another guard like Collin Sexton or Trae Young or Shai Gilgeous-Alexander -- we'll just have the best guard rotation in the league. Nothing to complain about there! I realize context is everything and I'm a little upset we're not better set up for the lotto too but it's water under the bridge. Look at the core we have and the guys we can add to that and it could be a lot worse.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Hey, I'll have you guys know the win against the Houston deep bench is very dear to my heart. Aren't those memories what really matters, here? I went to that game and framed my ticket in a solid gold plaque to remember the experience. Every time I look at it I tear up a little.
You realize that if we had suited up Vlade, Peja, Grant, Jerry, and Slamson we would have won that game.

Well yeah, but if anyone else from the top 6 fell out, it'd be even better. Say Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, Jaren Jackson, Michael Porter. That'd be great.

Bear in mind, a lot of the teams below us are bad for a reason which is bad management. So someone is gonna mess up before us and take a stinker. It happens every year. Heck, many years we take stinkers ourselves. Let's just hope we find our guy this year.

yeah, if Carter stays in its a consensus 9 deep draft. A couple may not work out as great but who knows who at this point.
My biggest gripe is not that we won or lost or Lined at the end of the season, its what other teams put out there on the court. That especially includes Houston. If I had been a paying fan to see that final game I would have been pissed. You don't invest your time and money to see other teams garbage when they have stars.
Hope Houston gets bumped in embarrassing fashion.

You realize that if we had suited up Vlade, Peja, Grant, Jerry, and Slamson we would have won that game.
We should have, that what every other tanking team was doing. The Bulls sat their rookie in second half of most games and so did the Mavericks. Do you think they care about a few minutes of playing time as compared to picking higher?

Status
Not open for further replies.