[Game] Kings @ Lakers - Sunday, Dec. 30 - 6:30PT/9:30ET

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's a GREAT time to be a Kings fan!

I'm savoring every moment of this new adventure. I'm laughing at the pain of Laker fan and hoping for more. Yes, I am that heartless.

I think we've already been blessed this year but if the Great God Naismith could smile upon us just once more in 2018, I would be even more thankful. Words cannot possibly express the joy I would feel should the Kings walk out of Staples tomorrow night with another win. Having it be as a result of another buzzer beater dagger would be unbelievably sweet.

Yes, I hate the Lakers. And so, once again...

DIE LAKER SCUM!!

The Grizzlies were nice enough to blow a 19 point, 3rd quarter lead to the Celtics tonight, but the Spurs are thrashing the Clippers, and will wind up a mere .003 behind the Kings. Portland's loss tonight leaves the Lakers tied for 6th-7th. If the Kings win tomorrow, the Lakers will end up tied with the Spurs for 8th-9th in the west, and the Kings will be in 6th-7th. I'm certain the Lakers don't want that happening in their house, but I sure do.

Last edited:
Another W tonight against the LA LeBron's (sans LeBron) obviously guarantees no worse than a season split but more immediately would make up (to me) the loss to the Clippers.

Kings need to start the game focused and ready to play like they did the last game. They can’t afford to get behind on the road. This time they need to maintain the focus. They were up by 12 in the first 6 minutes(21-9), however, they were out scored 25-11 in the last 6 minutes of the quarter. That’s not all on the second unit, Lakers started making a comeback while most of the starters were still on the floor, but it really got away from them late in the quarter.

Lonzo Ball took over the quarter starting at the 6:03 mark when he made a 3. In that last 6 minutes he scored 11 points (including 3-3 from three), 3 assists, and 2 rebounds. Lonzo is not known as a 3-point shooter, but his 3 threes keyed their comeback. Kings cannot let him get off like that again. Lakers led at the end of the quarter 34-32 and led for most of the game while the Kings kept battling back only to fall behind again until Bogdanovic’s winning shot. Kings can’t spend the whole game battling from behind on the road.

Lonzo has had two good games in a row both loses. Now in the last 2 games he was 7 for 14 for a 50% average from 3.
The previous 3 games he was 3 for 17 with a 0-7 against Memphis.

With the cramps he had late against us and after playing 37 minutes in Sacramento and 43 the other night I think you run him off the court and he will revert to a normal lousy shooter he is.

Super hyped for this game. Let’s beat the Fakers back to back.

Anyone else wonder how different things would be if LeBron didn’t join LAL? Imagine Fox/Bagley/Buddy/Bogi core vs. Ball/Ingram/Kuzma as a rivalry. Would be pretty fun.
They got bailed out. Also last year B. Lopez won a bunch of games for them.

Kings need to start the game focused and ready to play like they did the last game. They can’t afford to get behind on the road. This time they need to maintain the focus. They were up by 12 in the first 6 minutes(21-9), however, they were out scored 25-11 in the last 6 minutes of the quarter. That’s not all on the second unit, Lakers started making a comeback while most of the starters were still on the floor, but it really got away from them late in the quarter.

Lonzo Ball took over the quarter starting at the 6:03 mark when he made a 3. In that last 6 minutes he scored 11 points (including 3-3 from three), 3 assists, and 2 rebounds. Lonzo is not known as a 3-point shooter, but his 3 threes keyed their comeback. Kings cannot let him get off like that again. Lakers led at the end of the quarter 34-32 and led for most of the game while the Kings kept battling back only to fall behind again until Bogdanovic’s winning shot. Kings can’t spend the whole game battling from behind on the road.
Totally agree. We need to put the last game behind us. It took a last second buzzer beater to beat them at home. Playing in LA should be harder so we gotta focus, play our game and not let them back in the game.

Nothing would be better for me than a blowout laughter where the Kings rest their starters for most of the 4th because they built such a humongous lead. I want Laker fans to boo their team. I want them embarrassed, disgraced, beaten down and trodden upon. Luck the Fakers and their ****ing fans.
Their children will cry! I only wish that I could taste the sweet tears.

Fox vs Lonzo round 2 should be fun! As entertaining as that near triple double duel was, I wouldn't mind Fox stealing his soul this game.

Really hoping WC$ shows up. Not that other guy. Oh! And Buddy! He's been slumping, which means he's due to drop 25-35 on some sad sacks. Might as well be the Flakers.

Go Kings!
I hope Fox was able to get some healing going on that right shoulder. He needs some cbd lol

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The Kings should be like circling, swirling, gnashing, hungry sharks in the water tonight. They smell Lakers' blood. LBJ and Rondo are both overboard. No grownups are there to guide them to safety, other than a coach who is already panicking; witness his temper tantrum technical with 4+ minutes to play in the Clippers game, and the subsequent technical by Hart. The Lakers are playing their third game in four nights, just what sharks love - tired prey.

The Lakers are spiraling without LeBron and after we ripped their hearts out. :p . We are the Scores. They are the Snores. The Kings however can take nothing for granted and not start the New Years Party early. I like our focus and effort on the road but the desperate opponent is sometimes the most dangerous. We are giving up too many damn points in the first half. We need Troy Williams on Kuzma tonight. Let Lonzo Bust gun all he wants. If we turn him into a primary scorer, there is NO way he can beat us. D-Fox should cheat off Lonzo Bust to help on Kuzma. Ingram doesn't worry me. He took 19 shots to score 22 points with 5 TOs last game. He's not a three point shooter either. Shump has a good read on him. Our backcourt of Buddy and D-Fox is not going to go 8-28 FGs again. Hopefully D-Fox shoulder is better, it hurt his shot last time.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The Lakers are spiraling without LeBron and after we ripped their hearts out. :p . We are the Scores. They are the Snores. The Kings however can take nothing for granted and not start the New Years Party early. I like our focus and effort on the road but the desperate opponent is sometimes the most dangerous. We are giving up too many damn points in the first half. We need Troy Williams on Kuzma tonight. Let Lonzo Bust gun all he wants. If we turn him into a primary scorer, there is NO way he can beat us. D-Fox should cheat off Lonzo Bust to help on Kuzma. Ingram doesn't worry me. He took 19 shots to score 22 points with 5 TOs last game. He's not a three point shooter either. Shump has a good read on him. Our backcourt of Buddy and D-Fox is not going to go 8-28 FGs again. Hopefully D-Fox shoulder is better, it hurt his shot last time.
Kuzma's achilles heel is his defense, especially on drives to the basket. Unfortunately, the Kings don't have a three that can take advantage of that. Shump can hit shots, but he's mostly a three point shooter. As a result, Kuzma just doesn't have to worry too much about that side of the floor. It sure would be nice to see some drives by JJ against Kuzma. Or maybe Williams. Both of them though don't seem too great in that department.

Lonzo has had two good games in a row both loses. Now in the last 2 games he was 7 for 14 for a 50% average from 3.
The previous 3 games he was 3 for 17 with a 0-7 against Memphis.

With the cramps he had late against us and after playing 37 minutes in Sacramento and 43 the other night I think you run him off the court and he will revert to a normal lousy shooter he is.
I watched the Grizzlies game. He single handedly lost them that game. The Grizzlies were daring him to score backing off him. Lonzo is a 31% shooter on 3s over his career yet shoots over 5 threes per game. He's a 38% on FGs overall which qualifies him for worst shooter in the league or close to it. D-Fox is a 3D scorer. He scores in "three dimensions", behind the arc, midrange and pull-ups AND at the rim. This makes him a lethal weapon. Lonzo is pretty much a zero D scorer. He can't score at the rim, he has NO mid range game and his long range ball is below league average yet he shoots it like he thinks he is Ray Allen. I am very comfortable giving him all the shots he wants and using his defender to help on Kuzma or drop down into the post and steal it from Zubac. You can take it from him.

It sure would be nice to see some drives by JJ against Kuzma. Or maybe Williams. Both of them though don't seem too great in that department.
Jackson tried a drive in the second half against Kuzma and threw up trash that didn't even hit the rim. It was a projectile missile off the backboard. He had the whole right side of the floor open in transition but lost his balance with the slightest of contact. It is embarrassing how modest his talent is. I would have loved to been in the draft room when Vlade was justifying the pick of Jackson over Kuzma and OG so I could have yelled "NOOOOOO" :eek:

The Kings should be like circling, swirling, gnashing, hungry sharks in the water tonight. They smell Lakers' blood. LBJ and Rondo are both overboard. No grownups are there to guide them to safety, other than a coach who is already panicking; witness his temper tantrum technical with 4+ minutes to play in the Clippers game, and the subsequent technical by Hart. The Lakers are playing their third game in four nights, just what sharks love - tired prey.
Yep 3 in 4 nights, depleted bench, time to run them so hard Ball cramps up in the 3rd quarter.

I'm a die hard Kings fan, but I don't expect the Kings to win tonight. I mean the Lakers are absolutely pissed and hungry for blood due to that buzzer beater on Thursday Night. I mean let's face it, we barely squeaked out of that one and it was in front of our home crowd!....... Now we are going to be in front of their home crowd and facing a team full of angry Laker players and fans.... I hope I'm wrong, I really really hope I'm wrong.

Put is this way, had the Kings lost in LA on a buzzer beater in front of their home crowd, I would expect the Kings to be pissed and come out all guns blazing in front of our home crowd and beat the Lakers.... It just happens to be the other way around this time.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Jackson tried a drive in the second half against Kuzma and threw up trash that didn't even hit the rim. It was a projectile missile off the backboard. He had the whole right side of the floor open in transition but lost his balance with the slightest of contact. It is embarrassing how modest his talent is. I would have loved to been in the draft room when Vlade was justifying the pick of Jackson over Kuzma and OG so I could have yelled "NOOOOOO" :eek:
Yeah, I saw that JJ "shot." More like a throw-it-up-and-hope-for-the-best desperation attempt. He hurries many times when he just doesn't have to.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
We need Troy Williams on Kuzma tonight.
I doubt Williams will be with the team. He played last night in Stockton while Giles (with the team) did not, instead traveling to L.A. It's not impossible, but if they had *planned* to have Williams available I don't think he'd have been in Stockton last night.