[Game] Kings @ Knicks - Saturday, Nov. 11 - 5 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The Kings got a hard-fought win on Thursday against the Sixers, giving them a 2-game winning streak! Now, they head out onto the road for games against the Knicks, Wizards and Hawks before coming back home for a "here and there" against Portland.

There were definite signs of what's to come in last night's game. Brief glimpses of what may have been playing in Vlade's brain when he thought about assembling this current group of players. Youth, when combined with heart, hustle, energy, effort (and the requisite talent) is served...and so are the loyal fans.

Heading out to the Big Apple, I can't help but be glad the chances of any kind of off-court drama are pretty much slim to none. The Knicks sport a record of 6-5. I have no idea who they've faced or even who's on the team, as I do my best to ignore the East. :p

Matchups? I'll leave it to you guys to fill in the blanks on what you're gonna be looking for. I'm thinking I'll focus on ... hrm ... Malachi for this game. I had a lot of fun watching JJ against the Sixers and I'm convinced (if only in my own mind) he responded to the pressure.

It's a good time to be a Kings fan.

Kristaps Porzingis has been on a tear, though he missed their game against Orlando with an ankle and elbow injury. Frank Ntilikina has been coming off the bench, but thus far he has lived up to his billing as an excellent defender with a developing offensive skill set.

Should be a fun game.
KP playing tomorrow, Kings better double him, because Z-Bo by himself ain't gonna be able to contain him. If Kings somehow give KP trouble, then Kings have a chance to win.

dude12

Hall of Famer
A 3 game winning streak would be amazing......maybe WCS will look take the KP challenge like he did Embiid. Put Temple on Hardawy Jr and shut him down and we come away with a W

It's a good time to be a Kings fan.
10 plus years of you saying this lol. Still ain't true. It's a good time to be a Warriors fan. Or a Cavs fan. Or even a 6ers fan. Maybe even a Rockets fan. Our team has a VERY large hill to climb before ANYBODY can say it's a "good time" to be a fan.

That aside, was a nice little homestand. But don't get too fired up for results on this little road trip. It' going to hurt more than it feels good. Baby steps.

My matchup to watch is Fox and Ntilikina.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
10 plus years of you saying this lol. Still ain't true. It's a good time to be a Warriors fan. Or a Cavs fan. Or even a 6ers fan. Maybe even a Rockets fan. Our team has a VERY large hill to climb before ANYBODY can say it's a "good time" to be a fan.

That aside, was a nice little homestand. But don't get too fired up for results on this little road trip. It' going to hurt more than it feels good. Baby steps.

I'm not gonna change. Which you should know by now, since you've been pointing out the error in my ways and ridiculing me for them for years.

I love the game of basketball. It's not just about winning, it's about being able to go to town and see the game. Even in the worst of times, I can generally find something good. I'm not gonna jump ship and root for the Warriors ... or the Cavs ... or the Sixers ... or any other NBA team. If I'm not rooting for a team when they're bad I'm certainly not going to start rooting for them because they're good.

GO KINGS!

origkds

What- Me Worry?
I'm not gonna change. Which you should know by now, since you've been pointing out the error in my ways and ridiculing me for them for years.

I love the game of basketball. It's not just about winning, it's about being able to go to town and see the game. Even in the worst of times, I can generally find something good. I'm not gonna jump ship and root for the Warriors ... or the Cavs ... or the Sixers ... or any other NBA team. If I'm not rooting for a team when they're bad I'm certainly not going to start rooting for them because they're good.

GO KINGS!
Can someone please tell me where the double "Like" button is for posts like this. Also, can I respectfully request that the mods create a homers only thread so I can have a place to go and get warm and fuzzy when the negativity runs too high? :)

I applied to be a Warriors fan but was told the bandwagon is full and I would have to get on the waiting list.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Trill gonna have his hands full trying to defend the Unicorn on the perimeter, I can see Joerger going small and putting Jackson/Malachi on him.

GO KINGS!
Can someone please tell me where the double "Like" button is for posts like this. Also, can I respectfully request that the mods create a homers only thread so I can have a place to go and get warm and fuzzy when the negativity runs too high? :)
It's ALWAYS a good time to be a Kings fan. ALWAYS.

Trill gonna have his hands full trying to defend the Unicorn on the perimeter, I can see Joerger going small and putting Jackson/Malachi on him.
That will be a murder if, they put on KP a small guy, last season it was advantage against Kristaps to put smaller guy on him, but this season he has just dominated against smaller guys because of his improvements at core strenght.

I have seen every Knicks game this season, because as a native Latvian this is proud moment in our country, this season he only struggled against Horford and it may sound funny, but vs Pistons against Tolliver and he still dropped 30+ that game.

Last year I told a guy I vaguely know, who was wearing silver and black "it's a good time to be a Raider fan".

He answered in perfect tempo and tone and eye contact "it's ALWAYS a good time to be a Raider fan".

I had been schooled in proper fandom by a better fan than me. One of those moments.

I enjoy watching Boston and Cleveland play in the East. New York is improved but not there yet. The Kings have a decent chance against the Knicks. The town may be a distraction for all of those young players.

Last year I told a guy I vaguely know, who was wearing silver and black "it's a good time to be a Raider fan".

He answered in perfect tempo and tone and eye contact "it's ALWAYS a good time to be a Raider fan".

I had been schooled in proper fandom by a better fan than me. One of those moments.
Ain't nothing wrong with being proud of being a fan of your team, and everything right about it!

However, a lot of fans have it better than us at the moment lol.

If they come out with a >20 point 1st quarter it will be a milestone. If it's due to a vet, well fine, but it needs to be WCS, Bog or JJ eventually. Thats my main criteria for success atm.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'll be at this game. I haven't posted in a while as I'm still having server issues. VF and the other old timers will know how long I've been a fan. I'm super excited.

Anyone know if it's possible to go early and meet players and/or Grant and Jerry?
Almost every away game we see Kings fans in pictures with Grant and/or Jerry. Wear Kings gear and you've got a fair chance I would think. Have fun!

And yes, you've been here for a very long time. :)

I'm excited for tonight's game and anxious for it to start. Not the least being that here on the east coast the starting time is 8:00 PM and I don't have to DVR it and watch it the next day. Amazing how a couple of good games can energize your fandom. I'm trying to maintain that "balanced" long term view knowing full well they could come out and lay an egg, tonight. I know there are more real "stinkers" to come, but here's hoping that tonight isn't one of them.

The Knicks dont ooze talent outside of KP, but ive seen some of their recent games and they play really hard. Kings will have to come out with great effort if they want to win this one. I always look forward to the Kings only visist to the Garden. The only arena left in the league that has a "special" feel to it when watching.