[Game] Kings @ Jazz - Saturday, Oct. 26 - 6 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Sitting here waiting for PG&E to cut the power for the 4th time this month and I'm faced with a burning question. Do I go up to the local eatery, which has a good generator and a nice TV (and okay food) and watch the game or do I stay home and use the gas in my own generator to watch?

Upside to staying home is I won't have to make excuses if the team sucks rocks. Downside to staying home is I won't have access to as much variety of adult beverages if the team sucks rocks.

Talk about dilemmas... ;)

Come on, Kings. Prove last night wasn't who you are. (If Fox doesn't play, however, all bets are off...)

It's not gonna be an easy season but I refuse to give up this early...or ever, truth be told.

GO KINGS!!

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Sitting here waiting for PG&E to cut the power for the 4th time this month and I'm faced with a burning question. Do I go up to the local eatery, which has a good generator and a nice TV (and okay food) and watch the game or do I stay home and use the gas in my own generator to watch?

Upside to staying home is I won't have to make excuses if the team sucks rocks. Downside to staying home is I won't have access to as much variety of adult beverages if the team sucks rocks.
Ah, but if you have to take advantage of the variety of adult beverages, will you be able to walk home?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Giles is up to doubtful. So that’s good.
I have Giles on one of my fantasy teams. Yahoo says he's doubtful but with Dedmon locked in as starter and Holmes as backup, they don't think he'll see much court time anyway. With what I saw last night, I'm pretty sure nobody is safe at the 5.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
I expect Buddy to come out and prove that he is still who we think he is. Ultimate hustle, sense of urgency and leadership and he is going to light it up.

I think we will be surprised tonight

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ah, but if you have to take advantage of the variety of adult beverages, will you be able to walk home?
Oh, that's another upside to going. I have a designated driver. ;) He doesn't drink so I buy his sodas and he makes sure I don't get eaten by bears on the way home.

Start Holmes over Dedmond, that gives the starting lineup a hard roller and lob threat to draw some gravity on pick and rolls. Dedmond should not be starting of he is not gonna be launching threes.

Also play Gabriel or James over Ariza. The second unit needs some energy, at least one of those guys will come in and play hard and give us some speed and athletic ability in the open floor. Yogi should also see some minutes to provide some shooting and energy.

Maybe a bench unit of Joseph, Yogi, Bogi, Gabriel, Dedmond, with a starter or two staggered in there.

I expect Buddy to come out and prove that he is still who we think he is. Ultimate hustle, sense of urgency and leadership and he is going to light it up.

I think we will be surprised tonight
Buddy Hield has not been the issue. The top four(Fox, Buddy, Bogi, Barnes) have all been good. It's the rest of the team that have been complete disasters. Well Bjelicia has also been solid.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I still don't understand the Dedmon hype last night. I don't think I've ever been more underwhelmed... well, not recently.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Oh, that's another upside to going. I have a designated driver. ;) He doesn't drink so I buy his sodas and he makes sure I don't get eaten by bears on the way home.
Well, you've talked ME into it, and I'm not even involved. Have you talked yourself into it?

I still don't understand the Dedmon hype last night. I don't think I've ever been more underwhelmed... well, not recently.
Dedmon is one of those players that looks decent when he is a cheap bench player that you use to relieve your starter. It's kinda like, "Okay, he's not bad for 15-20 minutes off the bench." But, if he is your starting center, it's kinda like, "Wow, he kinda sucks".

I think we need to move Dedmon to the bench and start either Giles or Holmes at Center, until Bagley gets back. Dedmon would be a decent back up center, but he shouldn't be starting.

Last edited:
Haven’t seen anything from Dedmon that I didn’t see from WCS. I was actually one of the people saying that we need a better center in order to enter the playoff race, but so far I don’t see how Dedmon provides any upgrade.

I don’t believe we’ll see any lineup changes this early in the season because that would be admitting that we didn’t do a good job in the offseason. Or as some people said before - “this isn’t Euroleague where players get benched when they don’t play well” :)

Hope to see some real defense tonight...defense that leads to easy points in transition.

This is a must win for the kings tonight. Not for any playoff chances. Not for a 0.500 season. Not even for the kings as a team. It’s a must win tonight for the sake of KingsFans.com posters and their sanity.
If this is a must win then we are in deep trouble. I'm as disappointed as any with what I've seen through 2 games, but this is a game marked as a loss the moment the schedule came out. A win would be huge, but I'm expecting a blowout unfortunately.

This is not a must-win. We need to manage our expectations with this group. Root and hope for them, of course. But not expect them to have jelled all the pieces and a whole new system in such a short time frame. And at the risk of sounding like I’m making excuses, that trip to India was a setback for us.

Start Holmes over Dedmond, that gives the starting lineup a hard roller and lob threat to draw some gravity on pick and rolls. Dedmond should not be starting of he is not gonna be launching threes.

Also play Gabriel or James over Ariza. The second unit needs some energy, at least one of those guys will come in and play hard and give us some speed and athletic ability in the open floor. Yogi should also see some minutes to provide some shooting and energy.

Maybe a bench unit of Joseph, Yogi, Bogi, Gabriel, Dedmond, with a starter or two staggered in there.
This right here. DEDMON IS A SCRUB IF HE ISNT TAKING AND HITTING OPEN 3s!!!! Dude should be shooting 10 a game if they leave him open. Thats what you do!!! He is average to below at everything else!

I say ya stay at home. Last time I went somewhere public and watched the Kings play, a few workers went into the room I was at to ask me if I was okay lol Apparently I was screaming too loud.

This right here. DEDMON IS A SCRUB IF HE ISNT TAKING AND HITTING OPEN 3s!!!! Dude should be shooting 10 a game if they leave him open. Thats what you do!!! He is average to below at everything else!
What's worse is that his defender is also able to float towards the 3 and guard another Kings player. If he would start launching that trebuchet, then his defender would have to stay at home with him.

I have Giles on one of my fantasy teams. Yahoo says he's doubtful but with Dedmon locked in as starter and Holmes as backup, they don't think he'll see much court time anyway. With what I saw last night, I'm pretty sure nobody is safe at the 5.
He could get time as PF. Ariza didn't play well, Bagley is out, so...

Gobert isn't a good match up for Holmes. I think he would have his way with him the same way Whiteside did. He's not a full sized 5 and were talking the elite of the elite as far as length goes for a 5 in Whiteside and Gobert.

dude12

Hall of Famer
They just kicked Utah’s ass in preseason with the main guys playing but iirc Bagley was a big part.....could be wrong. i for one don’t want to hear about back to back on the road so it’s a loss talk. We are supposed to be making a push this year. Get it done