[Game] Kings @ Jazz - 12/21/16

Last edited:
No Jazz game thread available yet, so I'll just sneak that in here...

Utah has the league's best D by an UNREAL margin!

View attachment 6077
Utah and Dallas are the new "taking it slow" teams. Memphis is actually the true "league leader in defense by wide margin", though Utah is second, followed closely by SAS, GSW, Hornets and Pistons

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: There is no rule about starting game threads. If it isn't started and you want comment, you can start the thread.

If you're still on that cloud 9, where we all landed last night...
(It's just the time of the year for miracles and supernatural human efforts)

Snap out of it! It's a Back-to-earth Back-to-Back for us all!
(No rest for the wicked... :()

Don't miss out! Post your prediction RIGHT NOW!

We traveled to the salty Desert of Utah,
to meet one of the best Ds in the league...

Odds are not favorable (B2B on the road with a long field trip),
but we're #Kangz! We do everything our own peculiar way... :)

Think you know how it's gonna end?
Let us all know...

A fan has got to do what a fan has got to do
I_want_you_SAC_Kings_ICON.jpg
Time to predict the results of Kings game #30:
On the road vs the Jazz, Tuesday 12/21, 6:30PM

Yet to predict this one: To post a prediction follow THIS LINK to the prediction thread.

(Grading & Prediction Rules: See here View attachment 5932 or in the First posts of the Prediction Thread)

Leaderboard & Info
Join the action!

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
the kings MUST lead the league in back-to-backs. We often play one game at home and travel the next day to play another team. smh
That's how most back-to-backs go. That or the reverse. Two game in two nights both at home is actually kind of rare, if memory serves.

EDIT: I just checked the Kings schedule for this season. They only have two back-to-backs at G1C, Feb. 3-4 and March 10-11.

S

sactownfan

MOD NOTE: There is no rule about starting game threads. If it isn't started and you want comment, you can start the thread.
Awesome!!! So I'll start the next one!!! :p

I'll make it funny with jokes like Dave joergers starting lineups!!!

Temple is this teams MVP behind Cousins...

he's without question the best we got at the SG and our best defender.... why the hell Dave insists on letting the opponents best guards start the game on fire then bring in Temple to guard them off the bench after they get on a roll makes zero sense

That has been the story of this team all year. Get down by about 10 pts take Out Koufos ... bring in Temple.... temples squad erases lead kings... we're back in it.... then repeat start of the 2nd half.

PLEASE START TEMPLE DAVE JEEZ

Yesterday Kings down by 12 in the second half.... ENTER TEMPLE... KINGS WIN

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Awesome!!! So I'll start the next one!!! :p

I'll make it funny with jokes like Dave joergers starting lineups!!!

Temple is this teams MVP behind Cousins...

he's without question the best we got at the SG and our best defender.... why the hell Dave insists on letting the opponents best guards start the game on fire then bring in Temple to guard them off the bench after they get on a roll makes zero sense

That has been the story of this team all year. Get down by about 10 pts take Out Koufos ... bring in Temple.... temples squad erases lead kings... we're back in it.... then repeat start of the 2nd half.

PLEASE START TEMPLE DAVE JEEZ

Yesterday Kings down by 12 in the second half.... ENTER TEMPLE... KINGS WIN
No, you are not allowed to start game threads.

As far as Temple starting, he was out there at the end WHEN WE NEEDED HIM THE MOST.

No Jazz game thread available yet, so I'll just sneak that in here...

Utah has the league's best D by an UNREAL margin!

View attachment 6077

They are
#1 in (lowest) Opponent Points
#1 in (lowest) Opponent FG%
#1 in (lowest) Opponent Assists
#3 in (lowest) Opponent Boards (#1 in lowest opponent DREB)

But funny enough...
also #1 in lowest Opponent Turnovers!!!

Last warning:

Since November 23 the Jazz only lost ONCE to any team not named GSW!
They are 1-11 vs the rest of the league in that period.
They are not the #1 defense in the league. Your numbers don't adjust for pace.

#8 in (lowest) Opponent Points
#1 in (lowest) Opponent FG%
#17 in (lowest) Opponent 3PT%
#2 in (lowest) Opponent Assists
#17 in (lowest) Opponent Boards (#16 in lowest opponent DREB)

S

sactownfan

No, you are not allowed to start game threads.

As far as Temple starting, he was out there at the end WHEN WE NEEDED HIM THE MOST.
Haha it's ok I'm not gonna start one.... Yeah hopefully he can be out there to prevent getting beat down to start moving forward.

It was a great game ....temple unlike everyone else on the team temple brings it even when his offense of game isn't going ....he's completely invaluable to our success almost as much as cousins... maybe one day again...he can beat out Ben??? Hahaha joerger is an idiot but at least he knows temple needs to play at the end so Daves not brain dead ...

Last edited by a moderator:
They are not the #1 defense in the league. Your numbers don't adjust for pace.

#8 in (lowest) Opponent Points
Doesn't sound like nit-picking to me... :) Looks like you are right.
These are indeed their adjusted rankings (per 100 possessions).

BTW, I'd like to repeat and stress this one, too:

Since November 23 the Jazz LOST ONLY ONE GAME to any team not named GSW!
They are 1-11 vs the rest of the league in that period.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Haha it's ok I'm not gonna start one.... Yeah hopefully he can be out there to prevent getting beat down to start moving forward.

It was a great game ....temple unlike everyone else on the team temple brings it even when his offense of game isn't going ....he's completely invaluable to our success almost as much as cousins... maybe one day again...he can beat out Ben??? Hahaha joerger is an idiot but at least he knows temple needs to play at the end so Daves not brain dead ...
Geez...give it a rest. Temple started and we still lost games. Its not as simple as you want to make it out to be.

S

sactownfan

Geez...give it a rest. Temple started and we still lost games. Its not as simple as you want to make it out to be.
We start Cousins and lose games also.... but Cousins is one of the best 5 we have so he starts..... temple is at least 2 -5 best .... why start the game in a hole???

Why not just bring Cousins off the bench? since who starts doesn't matter ...for all you apologists of the coach ... it matters and we get destroyed at the start 99% of games

dude12

Hall of Famer
We start Cousins and lose games also.... but Cousins is one of the best 5 we have so he starts..... temple is at least 2 -5 best .... why start the game in a hole???

Why not just bring Cousins off the bench? since who starts doesn't matter ...for all you apologists of the coach ... it matters and we get destroyed at the start 99% of games
I guess if you want to look at it as a simpleton

Jazz played last night against the Warriors in Oakland so hopefully they are tired too. Anyone know when the Kings flew to Utah? I think they normally fly out after the game but not sure.

For the Jazz
Shelvin Mack will start Wednesday's game in place of Dante Exum (knee tendinitis).

In addition, Joe Ingles will start in place of Rodney Hood (illness) as the Jazz square off against the visiting Kings. Mack is a decent temporary fantasy play with the Jazz backcourt so short-handed.

enough dreaming, back to the grind which is what this game is all about. gobert gave cousins "fits" as grant would say, hopefully joeger has a gameplan regarding gobert

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'd love for Cousins to make this his revenge game versus Gobert, but I won't lose any sleep if that doesn't happen. With shot blockers, you need to pump fake them often and go into their chest. Not bail them out with jump shots. Dead legs = no success in the jump shot.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I don't care about winning tonight. Honestly, I don't expect a win.

Go out and don't lay a massive egg. Compete. Play tough. No sleepwalking. That's what I'm asking for tonight.