[Game] Kings @ Jazz - 12/10/16 - 6PT/9ET

Last night took the wind out my sails... for real...

And tonight we're on again... Not even 20 hours to recover... Bummer!

Kings need this one badly! I need this one badly!
Be it on the road, on the 2nd night of a B2B... Gotta win this!

It's not impossible. This team has already done it! Look up January 14, 2016.
That's when we beat the Jazz, on the road, on the 2nd night of a B2B!

A fun stat, BTW:
In the last 2 games between the teams COMBINED,
Demarcus Cousins scored 67 points (in 73:58 minutes)
and Rudy Gobert scored... 2 points! (in 52:00 minutes)
So let's put it all behind us.
You know: A fan has got to do...

I_want_you_SAC_Kings_MINI_ICON.jpg

Time to predict the results of Kings game #24:
on the road (+B2B) vs the Jazz, Saturday 12/10, 6PM

Yet to predict this one: To post a prediction follow THIS LINK to the prediction thread.

(Grading & Prediction Rules: See here View attachment 5932 or in the First posts of the Prediction Thread)

Leaderboard & Info
Join the action!

Last edited:
Food for thought:

Of the 7 arguably most defensive teams in the NBA, that keep opponents under 100 on average
(Utah, Detroit, SAS, Memphis, Orlando, Clippers & Chicago)...

You know what? Let's make it 8, and include the next in line - Miami (allowing 100.3).

So, of all the 8 teams in the NBA that keep their opponents under 100.3 on average -
We faced 4 so far, in 5 games (played SAS twice), and we're 0-5 in those games...

Utah is on the top of this list.

Can we break that D spell?

The defense is far better than previous years...

Now we need some good ofense too... Boogie is always a quality shooter(especially if playing inside)
beside of him the team need to make plays for those that can shoot 3's well and can slash to the basket...
I'm not fancy with Gay difficult shots... one should shoot with the rythm of the game and not to force his shots of mid-range... it's mostly a miss.
Give some other good shooter the ball if you are in a difficult position... scoring 40%FG it's a lost... we don't need that, we need efficiency.

K

KingMilz

Hill, Hood, Favors, Burks all out. Hayward expected to play. Need this one and Laker game.
The Jazz look like a lottery team without Hill but with him and Hayward they look like a top 4 seed, it's amazing the difference Hill has made for them when healthy.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
The two guys they have left just so happen to play directly across from our two best players. If Rudy doesn't bring it tonight somebody has to be waiting back in Sacto to greet him off the plane with a slap from a week old dead fish.

I expect a comfortable Jazz win, despite their injuries. We will compete but we consistently come up short in crunch time. Boogie needs more help.

Rudy has played very well this season and he is not the scapegoat, but as our number 2 he needs to stop s**tting the bed and stop making stupid iso plays at the ends of games. It wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't so loose/soft with the ball, he gets stripped easily.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Best case scenario:

Rudy drops 60 on The Jazz in an easy win, their FO is so impressed that they pull the trigger on the Rudy for Favors trade that Vlade has had on the table for the past two seasons.

Likely scenario: we barely win and people complain anyways.

Injuries aside the Jazz play at the slowest pace in the league and score efficiently. They also defend well holding teams to a league best 96 pts per game. Also, they are 18th in the league in player fouls and are the second worst offensive rebounding team.

In spite of Rudy Gobert stalking in the paint, I would really like to see Cousins go to work on the block. Get them in foul trouble and crash the offensive glass for second chance points. They are a great defensive team, second chance points will be critical.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Gobert hasn't had much luck against Cousins in the past. Not strong enough. Favors was the tougher matchup, but of course not a problem tonight.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Utah plays defense....soooo that basically means the Kings are going to lose and get frustrated in the process, Boogie especially IMO. Over/under 90 points scored? Joe Johnson goes off in this one, courtesy of Rudy Gay's fire hydrant defense.

Gobert hasn't had much luck against Cousins in the past. Not strong enough. Favors was the tougher matchup, but of course not a problem tonight.
True. See my exerpt from earlier on this page:
In the last 2 games between the teams COMBINED,
Demarcus Cousins scored 67 points (in 74 min.)
and Rudy Gobert scored... 2 points! (in 52 min.)
2 points in the course of 52 minutes would render yours as kind of an understatement, wouldn't it? :)

The two guys they have left just so happen to play directly across from our two best players. If Rudy doesn't bring it tonight somebody has to be waiting back in Sacto to greet him off the plane with a slap from a week old dead fish.
Those injuries may yet be the doom of US!
Please, please, oh please lord - don't let the Kings underestimate the other 3 guys (or the team-D that is tougher than any we encountered this year even without the injured dudes).

Just one example:
Hill's replacement in SG is Ingles, the Ozzie, whom I got to know from YEARS in Europe (Barcelona, Tel-Aviv...).
The guy can light you up from the 3 (as he DID to the Warriors 2 night ago), is an exceptional rebounder for his position, and is one of the most capable stealers I've ever seen (He's got that false sense of sloth-like moves :p, but then he surprises you with very quick hands...)
PLEASE TAKE THIS ONE SERIOUSLY KINGS, REGARDLESS OF INJURIES!
WE ARE STILL DEFINITELY THE UNDERDOG TONIGHT!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
"The matchup with Rudy is going to be a good one."

If by that you mean watching Rudy get torched all over the floor while "contributing" 18 empty/quiet points and missing momentum stuffing jumpers most the night, then yeah. The matchup will be dandy, Grant.

... I'm coming into this one salty.