[Game] Kings @ Hornets - 1/28/17 - 4PT/7ET

Which former King will win the Tony Delk Memorial Award?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Here we go again. This is where this road trip really starts to suck. 2nd game of a back-t0-back, one day rest, and then another back-to-back on the road. Guys are gonna be tired. Playing 4 games in 5 nights is tough, and it's worse when you're stuck on the east coast.

I'm pleasantly surprised thus far with how things are shaping up on this road trip. My mantra is always heart and hustle, energy and effort...and I'm seeing that. And I'm not seeing Ben. :p

#GoKings

#LoyaltyIsLove

#TakeTheStingOutOfTheHornets

D

DC222

Here we go again. This is where this road trip really starts to suck. 2nd game of a back-t0-back, one day rest, and then another back-to-back on the road. Guys are gonna be tired. Playing 4 games in 5 nights is tough, and it's worse when you're stuck on the east coast.

I'm pleasantly surprised thus far with how things are shaping up on this road trip. My mantra is always heart and hustle, energy and effort...and I'm seeing that. And I'm not seeing Ben. :p

#GoKings

#LoyaltyIsLove

#TakeTheStingOutOfTheHornets
That's a low blow. From what I hear Ben is a hard worker and plays hard. He simply has a low bball IQ and needs to improve all around skill. That may not be possible with him. But I think apologies are in order unless you know for a fact he is lazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night we sort-off re-lived the Cavs game, but with switched roles... :(
It was the Kings who played the Cavs' part, watching the other team come back from being down by double-digits, force an OT, and win the game.

But... no rest for the wicked... We already face Charlott tonight
(It's a back-to-back for both teams, as the Hornets lost to the Knicks tonight - but not in OT...).
Post your prediction NOW!
Don't miss out on this one!

I_want_you_SAC_Kings_ICON.jpg
Predictions are ON for Kings game #48:
On the road vs the Hornets, Saturday 1/28

:eek: TONIGHT, :eek:4PM
List of 43 predictors so far this season: And to all of you prediction rookies - It's never too late to start :D: Predictions are accepted HERE until tip-off (in about 6.5 hours).
Just follow the link to the thread, and post the exact game result.

Prediction game results:
Last game's summary: View attachment 6292
Current leaderboard: View attachment 6295
Full season score sheet: View attachment 6294

I'm of the opinion that we should be developing youth with that top ten protected and keeping miles off Cousins anyways, but I guess it's subjective

But Cousins has been maturing, and starting to see the game and make his teammates better

Really want to see Casspi this year. Unfortunate with Joerger's Barnes obsession we still don't know if Omri can be a future piece

SLAB

Hall of Famer
You would think Willie and Malachi will get longer leashes today due to fatigue for the other guys. Maybe we see Skal?
Skal could not hurt the team more than Barnes has. I really wish we'd go more towards the youth movement around Cuz so these guys can grow. I'm not saying give him all of Barnes minutes yet, but a few here and a few there.

That said, we probably aren't seeing him unless it's a 20+ point game one way or another with 3 minutes left. :(

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
I expect high levels of flopping by the Hornets in order to draw fouls on DMC, also another 4pm game.

Poor guys are gonna be exhausted :(

That's a low blow. From what I hear Ben is a hard worker and plays hard. He simply has a low bball IQ and needs to improve all around skill. That may not be possible with him. But I think apologies are in order unless you know for a fact he is lazy.
I didn't hear her say Ben was lazy.

It's not a low blow for a fan to feel that Ben McLemore has had enough chances and that they are fed up with him taking minutes from another King.

At a certain point (and that point was quite awhile ago), an organization MUST pull the plug on an experiment.
And Ben's time is done in Sacramento.
He had more chances than any other professional I can readily think of.

This isn't rec league - everyone isn't entitled minutes.
And it doesn't matter if Ben is a hard worker, or if he lights it up in practice, or if he's a nice guy - he simply hasn't earned any more minutes on the floor with this team, since he's proven he's a lost cause over the past 4 years.

Other players (namely Malachi) deserve ALL the minutes Ben could receive.

Any chance of an Omri sighting?
Omri seems bound and determined to blow all his chances to impress the league this year.

His previous "sickness" (where he was sitting on the sidelines next to his teammates for ~2 weeks) was particularly baffling.

As for the game tonight, I just don't know if I could handle seeing ex-Kings do well when they proved they were hopeless here (Ramon Sessions, Marco Bellinelli, and to a lesser extent Spencer Hawes).

Seriously, can this team ever put together a solid 8-2 or 7-3 stretch????

We will never make the playoffs if they can't ever find consistency in winning.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Seriously, can this team ever put together a solid 8-2 or 7-3 stretch????

We will never make the playoffs if they can't ever find consistency in winning.
Im slowly getting convinced it will happen in the not to distant future.

Thinking it would happen on the road trip is whacky talk, even with the win against Cleveland.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm sorry...

...that Ben never lived up to expectations.

...that Ben never seemed to learn how to fit in the NBA.

...that the Kings wasted so much time trying to make him a better player.

...that we kept Ben and got rid of Seth Curry.

...that Ben has the BBIQ of a rutabaga.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Tonight's officials:

Sacramento @ Charlotte Bennie Adams (#47) Josh Tiven (#58) Haywoode Workman (#66)

D

DC222

I'm sorry...

...that Ben never lived up to expectations.

...that Ben never seemed to learn how to fit in the NBA.

...that the Kings wasted so much time trying to make him a better player.

...that we kept Ben and got rid of Seth Curry.

...that Ben has the BBIQ of a rutabaga.
I never said Ben was a legit player, but I can guarantee it wasn't from lack of trying. Clearly u can understand how I can read that in what u said. Since u went on a diatribe about effort amen hen mentioned Ben.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I never said Ben was a legit player, but I can guarantee it wasn't from lack of trying. Clearly u can understand how I can read that in what u said. Since u went on a diatribe about effort amen hen mentioned Ben.
Oh, dear soul. That was not a diatribe. That wasn't even a rant. That was a personal observation...and I stand by it. And no, to be honest, I have no idea how you reached that particular conclusion.

D

DC222

Oh, dear soul. That was not a diatribe. That wasn't even a rant. That was a personal observation...and I stand by it.
Why do u think Ben is lazy? What evidence do you have? I really don't care what u call your observation

Status
Not open for further replies.