Kings @ Grizzlies Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
There are days when this isn't really easy to do and there are days when it is even harder. And there was last night.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
On January 10th 2001 Kings beat Cavs at ARCO 108 - 103 to improve to 23 - 9 record at that time and 16 - 3 at home. Webber 30/14/5/4 bl, Pedja 27/9/6 ans Williams 24/8 assists had great game. Also Pollard helped out with 6pts/10rb/5 bl. Kings finished the game with 13 blocked shots:eek:.
Kings 13-19 but not nearly as good as record indicates. The way things are going we will remember this moment as a good part of the season. We are about to hit the road and that might have a heavy influence on the L column. I would usually throw some general stats at You at this point but I run out of Zoloft. For all of You who liked the "Titanic," - enjoy the sequel because as I said it several times - it will get much, much worse before it gets better.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pistons, Spurs and Maverics are having great seasons and excelent records. For every win there is a loss (ask Brick for future reference), That is where teams like Kings come in play. We can't really complain. we have been "up" for a long time considering the small market situation. We have enjoyed that time. We still like to be reminded of. Well, things have changed drastically. Losing sucks but it would be easier to endure if we knew that the players "are giving it all." All this years I was wondering how must fans feel when their teams are losing 60 times a year. Now I can imagine and it ain't pretty. At least NBA has only 82 games. Just imagine it was baseball.
After the last game I am pretty convinced that ther is no player on this roster who would object to a trade. In fact, most of them looked like they want to be somwhere else. Now, we had one who did not want to go - but that ship has sailed which is different to this ship which is sinking. I personally object to any trade which will get any of "our" players in the winning situation at least for this season. None of them deserves to go somwhere else and enjoy somebody elses success. They all deserve to "lose" a year in their careers just because of the nights like on Sunday.
Kings players do not deserve Rick Adelman. They deserve a mean SOB. They need one who would have called the practice at 2 am after the game and made them run for 3 hrs just to earn the shower they took after the game. And then scheduled another practice for 11 am the same morning and then one at 7 pm. In between he should have made them watch the last game over and over again. Obviously our players are uncapable of uderstanding words and they also have guaranteed contracts. What they don't have is clue, heart, pride, dignity but that part appearently isn't required.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------\
Kings have great fans who deserve much better than what they have been offered last night. This isn't about losing anymore. There are fans that work hard to be able to watch the games. Some of them might have never been late or sick. There are many days when they did not feel like working but still showed up and gave their best. Most of them still love this team. I understand that none of the players really "give a damn" about that. What I was wondering is wheather any of them would be capable of holding any average job. I can see them working for FEMA or being "senators." Don't think - they would be qualified for McDonalds (no offense here). Interestingly enough if stars align tomorow and the hell freezes over leading to Kings beating the Grizzlies - the shot term memory will take over and most of the fans will be in denial about the Sunday night. Part of being a fan - I guess.
I envy everyone who did not watch the game last night. I have a lot of respect for everyone else who did not turn it off at the half ot before or later. We did not lose last night because in order to lose, You have to compeate. We just surrendered. At ARCO. At least it is not back to back so I get to sleep between the games;). There is no need to discuss the last game further. Pacers did not have to break sweat to win. They did not have to take it because we did not want it in the first place.
Tonight we play Grizzlies. Not that long ago they were in Canada and they were the bottom of the league. Bibby and SAR were the main players (don't care). i know - the needed better players around them to succeed. So do I.
today Grizzlies play great. They are "us" and we are "them." looking forward to see Bobby. He will be "pumped up" and ready. Also looking forward to a PG matchup. Always wondered what practice scrimages looked like ? So - will the Kings recover ? Who will guard Gasol ? Do we have to see zone again ? Will Bobby make us miss him more than we already do ? Will Jake Tsakalidid win "Joel" award ?
starters

BOOOOOOOO !!!
Hard to say much about the bench because the garbage time started in the 2nd quarter. then again - can't say - the earned the benifit of the doubt this season.
RA - time to buy a book - "getting fired for dummies" It would stop the suffering but still get him paid
Memphis - in the past I would have said the Memphis is unlucky because the will pay the tab which the Pacers left. Unfortunately, these days Kings are the dream opponent of 28 NBA teams (Clippers don't have that priviledge). Bobby is an obvious favorite for TD award because he will be highly motivated and not defended at the same time. Eddie and Mike might have a great shooting night if we give them zone. Dahntay Jones would be the "surprise" pick.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I have been very impressed with the Grizzlies as of late. Not too shabby of a defensive unit, and Gasol is looking like the next Garnett.

We gettin' stomped!

GO KINGS!!!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
To answer a few of your questions, Piksi...

1: Will Tsakalidis go "TD" on us?

No...Although we're prone to letting otherwise worthless bigs go off on us, Tsakalidis is a step below even the worst of centers...4 pts, 3 reb, 1 blk.

2: Wonder what a scrimage between Jackson/Bibby looked like?

Bobby drives right past Bibby, and makes an acrobatic circus shot over anyone who steps in his path...Repeat...Repeat...Repeat...Bobby for three...Drives around Bibby again...I say Bobby absolutly torches us.

3: Who will guard Gasol?

No one...Him and Bobby combine for 60 points.

SLAB said:
To answer a few of your questions, Piksi...

1: Will Tsakalidis go "TD" on us?

No...Although we're prone to letting otherwise worthless bigs go off on us, Tsakalidis is a step below even the worst of centers...4 pts, 3 reb, 1 blk.

2: Wonder what a scrimage between Jackson/Bibby looked like?

Bobby drives right past Bibby, and makes an acrobatic circus shot over anyone who steps in his path...Repeat...Repeat...Repeat...Bobby for three...Drives around Bibby again...I say Bobby absolutly torches us.

3: Who will guard Gasol?

No one...Him and Bobby combine for 60 points.
:cool: ompimistic I see :cool:

I think we match up decently actually and have a decent shot

who knows, we may show up this game. that might be a BAD thing too, because then we wont know WHICH team will show up the next 3 or 4 games after getting a good win. Lethargy sucks.

I predict that Bobby will destroy us. I predict a 30+ points and 10+ rebound game from him considering players that hussle and have heart seem to destroy us. It will no be pretty that is for sure. I am looking forward at any time in the game a Hart/Bobby matchup:(

Last edited:
I, being a Memphis Resident ,would goto the Game if the Kings were giving a better effort (don't really care that they are losing) but since they aren't, I'm not going to pay Ticketmaster prices to goto the Game and will try to catch it on TV. I went to the game last year in Memphis (Kings win!), but this year I'd rather play poker than goto the game.

A

AriesMar27

god only knows what will happen with this team..... but im sure that bobby will try to kill us all by himself and that could be a good thing for us..... when he did that for us we'd usually lose..... by all means, let bobby try..... hopefully the coach doesnt take him out.....

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
piksi said:
On January 10th 2001 Kings beat Cavs at ARCO 108 - 103 to improve to 23 - 9 record at that time and 16 - 3 at home. Webber 30/14/5/4 bl, Pedja 27/9/6 ans Williams 24/8 assists had great game. Also Pollard helped out with 6pts/10rb/5 bl. Kings finished the game with 13 blocked shots:eek:.

Goodness.

Any chance we can get all those guys back for this one and see if they can duplicate that?

I think this'll be a tough, hard-fought game... at least one of them. :)

Grizz play good, consistent, balanced 'ball. Other than the Kings, they're one of the teams I follow and like.

My boy Dahntay Jones (good young player) has a nice game, and is a contender for the TD Memorial. ;)

piksi

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:
Goodness.

Any chance we can get all those guys back for this one and see if they can duplicate that?
time machine anyone ?

now 13 blocks in one game - that is science fiction for many teams and utopia for thid Kings team

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
OK, so is Bobby going to hurt himself this year playing against the Kings - that, my friends, is the question.... :eek:

I have absolutely no idea which Kings team will show up. I'm just guessing it might be the competitive road team we've seen glimpses of. I'm expecting a loss, but at least a respectable showing.

But, I repeat, I have no idea who will really show up.

"Kings players do not deserve Rick Adelman. They deserve a mean SOB. They need one who would have called the practice at 2 am after the game and made them run for 3 hrs just to earn the shower they took after the game. And then scheduled another practice for 11 am the same morning and then one at 7 pm. In between he should have made them watch the last game over and over again. Obviously our players are uncapable of uderstanding words and they also have guaranteed contracts. What they don't have is clue, heart, pride, dignity but that part appearently isn't required."

Lol- Nice Piksi- id love to play for you...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
piksi said:
The problem with this - You can get away with it once or twice. After that players would probably try to kill You
You MIGHT be able to get away with it once, provided the Union Steward wasn't around. The second time, the players would show up - since that's a breach of contract offense if they don't - but they would most likely simply sit there and ignore you.

VF21 said:
You MIGHT be able to get away with it once, provided the Union Steward wasn't around. The second time, the players would show up - since that's a breach of contract offense if they don't - but they would most likely simply sit there and ignore you.
Well at least adelman has already accomplished that :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.