[Game] Kings @ Grizzlies - Friday, Jan. 25 - 5PT/8ET

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Grizz have been on a nosedive for a while so this is the only winnable game left on this road trip...but with the Kings you just never know, they are rested but that won't matter much if they allow a Grizzlies team that struggles to score to begin with, get going early and find their rhythm. Be on the look out for a career high night from Jamychael Green

Last edited:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Grizz have been on a nosedive for a while so this is the only winnable game left on this road trip...but with the Kings you just never know, they are rested but that won't matter much if they a Grizzlies team that struggles to score to begin with, get going early and find their rhythm. Be on the look out for a career high night from Jamychael Green
Not so secretly hoping that Gasol or Conley gets moved before the game.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
This game is very winnable. No “rest” for WCS. Hopefully Bagley starts against JJJ because Bjelica got roasted last time if I remember correctly.

This game is very winnable. No “rest” for WCS. Hopefully Bagley starts against JJJ because Bjelica got roasted last time if I remember correctly.
yeah, JJJ went balistic for 12 pts and 6 boards last time. I think Nemanja will still be resting this game which should neutralize JJJ completely. :p

dude12

Hall of Famer
We need a reversal of play from Bjelica, Shump and JJ. When they play well, we are pretty good, but when they all 3 don’t play well, it puts a lot on the others and hasn’t quite been enough. Too much backsliding from those 3

Not a legit "must win" but if they mail in a third straight turd on the road - it will be harder to take them seriously as a "fight for the 8 spot" contender imo. No matter what Dave said about earning respect in Toronto - they got smoked for the second straight road game.

I feel like we need this one pretty bad to keep up the "playoff possibilities" narrative and avoid a spiral.

I'm not sweating it as long as I continue to see progress. Sure, I always want the Kings to win. (Even when we're supposed to be tanking.) And if we make the playoffs this year, that would be very sweet. But the most important thing is to continue the development and build on the chemisty that we already have. That said, we should be able to beat the Grizzlies! And Marvin deserves to be a starter.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I've focused a lot of my attention on Fox and his fatigue and poor shooting of late, but Bjelica might be another guy that breaks out of his slump after getting rest, even if Bagley does start over him. Of all the Kings' players that Joerger uses, he doesn't strike me as a guy who can stay with the pace on a long term basis without getting worn down. If Bjelica does come off the bench in favor of Bagley, it will be interesting to see how he deals with it. We've seen his anger fuel good play against the Wolves. If he's angry about a demotion, maybe he can take it out on the Grizzlies.

I just wonder if all the trade talk surrounding the Grizzlies adversely affects their performance tonight. They've got to know the guillotine is coming down sooner rather than later and you would think they might be a tad distracted. The Kings should be flying around the court tonight, and they should get their second win on this road trip.

I've focused a lot of my attention on Fox and his fatigue and poor shooting of late, but Bjelica might be another guy that breaks out of his slump after getting rest, even if Bagley does start over him. Of all the Kings' players that Joerger uses, he doesn't strike me as a guy who can stay with the pace on a long term basis without getting worn down. If Bjelica does come off the bench in favor of Bagley, it will be interesting to see how he deals with it. We've seen his anger fuel good play against the Wolves. If he's angry about a demotion, maybe he can take it out on the Grizzlies.

I just wonder if all the trade talk surrounding the Grizzlies adversely affects their performance tonight. They've got to know the guillotine is coming down sooner rather than later and you would think they might be a tad distracted. The Kings should be flying around the court tonight, and they should get their second win on this road trip.
Bjelica has skills, but he is the one player on the team that looks kind of chunky and not in shape. He is not the fastest guy. I hope he starts shooting better. He makes some good plays on defense defending the basket and is a decent rebounder.

Oddly enough, Conley scored 31 and Marc had a 22/17/10 triple double in a loss to the Hornets after the news broke.

Still, we are capable of beating this team. I agree with others in that we were never expected to be flirting with the playoffs this season, and that development is of high importance.

However it is a nice change from the last decade to feel like there is a chance of making it in. I hope we get this one and stop the bleeding.

edit: As a side note, many Grizzlies fans hate that they lost Joerger, and refer to us as the Joergerbombs. Many expect we will be damn good in the coming seasons.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Oddly enough, Conley scored 31 and Marc had a 22/17/10 triple double in a loss to the Hornets after the news broke.

Still, we are capable of beating this team. I agree with others in that we were never expected to be flirting with the playoffs this season, and that development is of high importance.

However it is a nice change from the last decade to feel like there is a chance of making it in. I hope we get this one and stop the bleeding.

edit: As a side note, many Grizzlies fans hate that they lost Joerger, and refer to us as the Joergerbombs. Many expect we will be damn good in the coming seasons.
They must be ecstatic about getting outathere!:D Maybe I have to re-think my hypothesis!:D

Don’t think coach would say “moving forward” unless it was a decision to start Bagley. Wouldn’t make sense to write off starting him “moving forward.”
he's not starting according to the lineups just released. I dont get it at this point, against a bad matchup for Belly