Kings discussing trade for Kanter?- Woj

Ok so I’m down with this Willie is officially done then. As long as we can still land a starting caliber SF I’m more than cool with this. Kanter is much better than kk as someone pointed out.

Last edited:

kb02

All-Star
Whoa. hope Kanter isn’t coming here. Feels like KK 2.0. Also we could use a SF at some point. Do they have their 1st? Maybe I bite for that.
Without looking at the salary, Kanter the player would be perfect for this year's team. He's better than KK and is a poor man's Steven Adams.

Would provide the interior beast presence that we do not have from any of our bigs, because of mentality (WCS), physical maturity (Giles, Bags), or ceiling (KK).

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Whoa. hope Kanter isn’t coming here. Feels like KK 2.0. Also we could use a SF at some point. Do they have their 1st? Maybe I bite for that.
Kanter is a bajillion times the offensive player Kosta is. I don’t really want him on the Kings but he’s not useless by any means.

Would also seem to confirm what I’ve heard about Z-Bo being a Perry signing as opposed to a Vlade one.

Without looking at the salary, Kanter the player would be perfect for this year's team. He's better than KK and is a poor man's Steven Adams.

Would provide the interior beast presence that we do not have from any of our bigs, because of mentality (WCS), physical maturity (Giles, Bags), or ceiling (KK).
The guy who took Kanters job in NY, Noah Vonleh would be perfect for this team. Kanter could be suitable though.

New York and Sacramento discussing an Enes Kanter-Zach Randolph trade of expiring contracts, but nothing close yet, league sources tell ESPN. Kings would want to send out more expirings in a deal. Kanter is out of rotation and wants chance to play. A third team could be helpful.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) January 9, 2019

is the original rumor tweet i think he deleted it though... for that price, whats the risk?!

WCS would be officially done if we made it straight. So I guess that’s a good thing. I don’t know if Kanter can rim run like Willy. But then again most can’t. But there’s no doubt he would provide much better rim protection and rebounding. I guess I’m just viewing our Cap Space as being too valuable.

But We can turn around and trade Willy in a package for a small board it would all be an upgrade

Kanter is a bajillion times the offensive player Kosta is. I don’t really want him on the Kings but he’s not useless by any means.

Would also seem to confirm what I’ve heard about Z-Bo being a Perry signing as opposed to a Vlade one.
The more I think about it the more I really like this trade.

I totally agree with you. If we can still land a starting caliber small forward. I’m all for this deal.

The Knicks first rd pick this year is an extremely valuable trade asset, they have one of the worst records in the league.
Initially I was thinking this was just the groundwork for for a massive salary dump going to the Kings. If that was the case the Kings would need the first round pick.

It’s clearly just a side deal to upgrade at center. Which I’m actually I’m supporting. Willy is not the answer.

The guy who took Kanters job in NY, Noah Vonleh would be perfect for this team. Kanter could be suitable though.
I met Noah Vonleh a year or so ago at the Sawyer. Had a nice convo, but I didn't know who he was. Knew he was on the Blazers, but couldn't place his face. Lolz. Good demeanor.

Initially I was thinking this was just the groundwork for for a massive salary dump going to the Kings. If that was the case the Kings would need the first round pick.

It’s clearly just a side deal to upgrade at center. Which I’m actually I’m supporting. Willy is not the answer.
when was the last time a team traded a projected top3 pick for a salary dump 7 months before the draft? This isn't your NBA 2k19 video game.

I met Noah Vonleh a year or so ago at the Sawyer. Had a nice convo, but I didn't know who he was. Knew he was on the Blazers, but couldn't place his face. Lolz. Good demeanor.
I read a story when he was getting recruited that he used to walk like 8 miles to the gym back and forth everyday in HS. total gym rat of the highest order(Buddy levels). He had many suitors this summer but chose NY on a non-guaranteed deal and it appears to have paid off for him - he should get a ncie deal this summer. I hope tts with the kings tbh we can afford to pay him to come off the bench for a few years.

when was the last time a team traded a projected top3 pick for a salartoy dump 7 months before the draft? This isn't your NBA 2k19 video game.
Have you checked out the new lotto odds? http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

It makes little sense to me. One thing that stands out most is how the worst team could realistically move back 4 spots, while the 5th worst team would realistically only move back 3 spots(0.6% chance for the 4th spot).

I mean...looking at the whole thing is confusing lol.

Have you checked out the new lotto odds? http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

It makes little sense to me. One thing that stands out most is how the worst team could realistically move back 4 spots, while the 5th worst team would realistically only move back 3 spots(0.6% chance for the 4th spot).

I mean...looking at the whole thing is confusing lol.
The answer is the "lotto" is really only relevant to the top 4 slots (it was top 3 previously, I believe). Everyone else gets ranked by losses after the top 4.

The reason why the 5th worse team has less of a chance of moving back than the 1st team is there's only 9 teams that can push the 5th team back. While there are 13 teams that can push back the 1st worse team.

Isn't Kanters defense horrible? I read players were calling him out on Twitter and old coaches kept running pick n roll on him cuz he just can’t defend them. Just wanted to throw out some objective criticism but overall I guess his offense + rebounding - defense > KK this year.
That's the word, horrible sometimes unplayable defense.

So you get improved offense and boards, and lose out defensively.

when was the last time a team traded a projected top3 pick for a salary dump 7 months before the draft? This isn't your NBA 2k19 video game.
Whoa whoa whoa. Calm down I didn’t know they were last. I did know they were bad but not that bad. I’m not checking the knicks draft standings everyday.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Unless Willie’s leaving, I don’t want another big. Go through the growing pains of Giles and Bagley now for a brighter future.

Every minute taken from Giles in a futile attempt to make the playoffs is going to hurt the team long term.

I feel like this would be just the first of other moves. One being WCS is officially done here.
Hopefully so, and I think your right that we need to use our salary cap this year for good things. I’m assuming we aren’t taking the difference between Zach/Kanter without sending out more salary. We need to use the space this year for a great asset, even if it means taking more salary for next season when more teams will have space and it will mean less

There is no worse rim protection than WCS, none

Unless Willie’s leaving, I don’t want another big. Go through the growing pains of Giles and Bagley now for a brighter future.

Every minute taken from Giles in a futile attempt to make the playoffs is going to hurt the team long term.
Hoping it would facilitate a different move for Willie.

Reports are also that Kings are keen to move more of their expirings in this deal so wonder if they have other moves already lined up or if they have given up on getting anything for those contracts. With the league feeling wide open this year it seems teams may be hesitant to make any deals that are futures oriented but a lot of the teams that are fringe playoff teams would also be reluctant to trade a pick for a guy that could push them over because if they miss it's a high lotto pick.