The Saga of DeMarcus Cousins

I’m not going to mention the Warriors announcers awkwardly trying to explain why they mixed up two black dudes. Because it’s not awkward at all.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Damn...just damn (as in the awestruck, it's hard to believe a big guy can be this good sense).

I am so incredibly happy for the big guy.

P.S. And I'm also incredibly happy nobody on my fantasy league took advantage of the opportunity to steal him from me. That chance will not come again.

GO BOOGIE!

As frustrating as Cousins was at times, I miss his game, his skill set and his toughness. I think he’ll blend in well with the Warriors
After three fouls in eight minutes, they pulled him for the rest of the half. Third quarter, he picks up another, and is back out after four minutes. He's costing them peanuts, and they got into first place in the west without playing him, so I think GS has every reason to be happy. Someone paying max and really needing him to carry the team might not feel so lucky.

Offensively he looks smooth and highly skilled as usual. 3 Pt shot looks silky even on the misses and he's going to get a ton of wide open looks on this team. Defensively he looks really bad and slow laterally but I suspect some of that will improve with conditioning and confidence to plant and turn hard on his legs. Definitely fouling too much partly from exuberance and partly from lack of feel for what is and what isn't a foul.

OK this is going to be a interesting night and I can see watching plenty of NBA tonight.
So a nice dinner (carnita burrito or two) and a few drinks and then our game and being on the east coast time so I get to watch it early.
Then after a much watched return of Cousins in LA against the clippers.

I am expecting a 14 point 6 rebound and only 1 technical for his first game back in limited minutes.

Will watch all our game and might find a movie on the tv or a good book by halftime of the Warriors game.
Wow right on the money!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Offensively he looks smooth and highly skilled as usual. 3 Pt shot looks silky even on the misses and he's going to get a ton of wide open looks on this team. Defensively he looks really bad and slow laterally but I suspect some of that will improve with conditioning and confidence to plant and turn hard on his legs. Definitely fouling too much partly from exuberance and partly from lack of feel for what is and what isn't a foul.
And partly because the officials tonight were idiots.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
After three fouls in eight minutes, they pulled him for the rest of the half. Third quarter, he picks up another, and is back out after four minutes. He's costing them peanuts, and they got into first place in the west without playing him, so I think GS has every reason to be happy. Someone paying max and really needing him to carry the team might not feel so lucky.
Wow. I guess we watched different games.

If this is the Cousins thread, my God does he make these Warriors undoubtedly the best team in history. The spacing is transcendent. And Boogie looked nearly as good as he was pre-injury. Holy crap the NBA is now completely broken this season. Glad we aren't peaking right now!
I forgot how good of a passer he is. He’s going to get a ton of assists

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
"Really bad" feels like an over-exaggeration. He was definitely slow laterally, but I don't know that he was significantly slower laterally than he was pre-injury. His rotations on switches weren't really clean, and Golden State kind of lucked out that the Clippers don't have anyone who can exploit that, without Lou Williams in the lineup. For the most part, though, I thought that his defense was solid, and his post defense was good-to-great. One definite good sign for Cousins and the Warriors is that, with the exception of maybe one foul, it didn't really look like any of the poor defensive plays he was involved in were due to bad decisions, at least not from my point of view. His defensive awareness looked solid, so many of the errors he made last night I would expect to be corrected as his conditioning improves.

And yeah, there was definitely a lot of "I'm back!", "I don't know what they're calling this year!?" and "I'm tired!" involved in his six fouls.

If this is the Cousins thread, my God does he make these Warriors undoubtedly the best team in history. The spacing is transcendent. And Boogie looked nearly as good as he was pre-injury. Holy crap the NBA is now completely broken this season. Glad we aren't peaking right now!
yeah this season is a joke as far as title contending is concerned. in our realm its great, super competative, lots of meaningful games to learn from.. but yeah all the "title contenders" will basically have a wasted season...

Damn...just damn (as in the awestruck, it's hard to believe a big guy can be this good sense).

I am so incredibly happy for the big guy.

P.S. And I'm also incredibly happy nobody on my fantasy league took advantage of the opportunity to steal him from me. That chance will not come again.

GO BOOGIE!
Considering your current position, that wouldn't be sportsmanlike ;)

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I know it’s just the lakers sans-Bron, Rondo, and Ball (their three best ball handlers) but the Warriors look unstoppable and KD and Curry aren’t even trying.