[Game] Kings @ Clippers - Tuesday, Dec. 26 - 7:30 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Sitting here on a quiet Christmas Eve, with a nice fire in the woodstove and no sounds outside except for the occasional slight gust of wind gently wafting through the wind chimes. Quiet in the forest is unlike quiet anywhere else. No traffic, no doors, no planes flying over...nothing but the calm of a cool winter's night.

The Kings fly to LA tomorrow afternoon to face the Clippers on Tuesday. Then, they get to turn right around and get back on the plane and head back for a game Wednesday in G1C against LeBron James and the Cavaliers.

I hate the Clippers. It's not the same bone deep hatred that I have for the other occupant of the Staples Center, but it's close. There's just an attitude of teams from LA that makes me want to smack them upside the head.

One bright spot for me is not having to watch Blake Griffin. Small consolation, though, since watching any game from Staples is stomach-turning. Just ask the Rockets, who are officially protesting last night's game because of the official's error in charging Williams with a foul that should have been charged to Juwan Evans (which would have fouled him out of the game). Silly Rockets. That kind of home-cooking is par for the course in Staples. That one was a bit more obvious than usual, however. :p The league, with their usual nonchalance, admitted the error but simply shrugged it off. I don't claim to know what they should do in cases like this, but too many games are being decided by errors on the parts of the officials. There really needs to be more accountability. I might even support a challenge system.

DeFox is probably not even going to make the trip, so we'll have another chance to see how the other kids can do. This will be the first time they've played the Clippers in Staples during the regular season, and it could get interesting. One thing about Clippers fans - you never know how they're going to react if their team doesn't do well. If the Kings can get ahead early and stay focused, fans could be headed for the exits before the end of the first half.

It's a good time to be a Kings fan. Here's hoping Santa brings you all the Kings gear you've been wanting!

GO KINGS!!!

Last edited:
Sitting here on a quiet Christmas Eve, with a nice fire in the woodstove and no sounds outside except for the occasional slight gust of wind gently wafting through the wind chimes. Quiet in the forest is unlike quiet anywhere else. No traffic, no doors, no planes flying over...nothing but the calm of a cool winter's night.

The Kings head to LA tomorrow afternoon to face the Clippers. Then, they get to turn right around and get back on the plane and head back for a game Wednesday in G1C against LeBron James and the Cavaliers.

I hate the Clippers. It's not the same bone deep hatred that I have for the other occupant of the Staples Center, but it's close. There's just an attitude of teams from LA that makes me want to smack them upside the head.

One bright spot for me is not having to watch Blake Griffin. Small consolation, though, since watching any game from Staples is stomach-turning. Just ask the Rockets, who are officially protesting last night's game because of the official's error in charging Williams with a foul that should have been charged to Juwan Evans (which would have fouled him out of the game). Silly Rockets. That kind of home-cooking is par for the course in Staples. That one was a bit more obvious than usual, however. :p The league, with their usual nonchalance, admitted the error but simply shrugged it off. I don't claim to know what they should do in cases like this, but too many games are being decided by errors on the parts of the officials. There really needs to be more accountability. I might even support a challenge system.

DeFox is probably not even going to make the trip, so we'll have another chance to see how the other kids can do. This will be the first time they've played the Clippers in Staples during the regular season, and it could get interesting. One thing about Clippers fans - you never know how they're going to react if their team doesn't do well. If the Kings can get ahead early and stay focused, fans could be headed for the exits before the end of the first half.

It's a good time to be a Kings fan. Here's hoping Santa brings you all the Kings gear you've been wanting!

GO KINGS!!!
Just because I know someone out there's gonna be all like, "Wait, tomorrow afternoon? WHAT?", allow me to clear the air a little here and point out that the game itself will be on Tuesday.

And, yes, I know the date and time are both included in the title of the thread, but still...Someone's gonna wanna do it :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Just because I know someone out there's gonna be all like, "Wait, tomorrow afternoon? WHAT?", allow me to clear the air a little here and point out that the game itself will be on Tuesday.

And, yes, I know the date and time are both included in the title of the thread, but still...Someone's gonna wanna do it :)
I was technically correct. They are flying down to LA on Christmas Day afternoon. :) I changed the post slightly to clear that part up.

Its kind of crazy how the Clippers have gone on multiple streaks over 32 games:
  • Won 4 in a row
  • Lost 9 in a row
  • Won 3 in a row
  • Lost 4 in a row
  • Won 3 in a row
  • Lost 3 in a row
Compared to the Kings streaks so far (of three or more):
  • Lost 7 in a row
  • Lost 3 in a row
That's it. The Kings have yet to win three games in a row. Thats your random stat for the day. :)

What I am looking for tonight (besides a win) is Buddy to continue to define himself as a starter and focal point of the offense.

No reason he should no be getting 15 FGAs per game and 18-20+ PPG per game other than a coach who has a short leash with him.

I have always pegged this guy for stardom and it is time for him to take that step forward and be impactful when his shot is off.

This is what we have been seeing with the better defense and boards. He needs to get his ball handling tighter (1.5:1.9 assists to turnovers) too so Joerger doesn't even cause to bench him.

If Buddy minimize his mistakes then the coach will not have justification to reduce his minutes. More minutes on the floor will mean he more likelihood he goes on an unconscious hot streak like few players are capable.

This is the challenge Buddy faces against the league and a coach who can be stingy with his playing time.

Look no further than last game vs Spurs in which Buddy scored 24 points but conspicuously sat out the last 6 minutes when last ditch comeback could have occurred.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Buddy, Bogs, and Willie were great last game, I'm hoping for more of the same!

And is it time to start the Giles countdown?! I know January has been the plan since summer, but has there been any talk about a set date we'll actually get to see him get some burn?

Anyways, go kids!

And is it time to start the Giles countdown?! I know January has been the plan since summer, but has there been any talk about a set date we'll actually get to see him get some burn?

Anyways, go kids!
I'm guessing post-ASB is when we'll see him for the first time a la Skal last year. We might see him off the inactive list before that, but I don't see him breaking the rotation until the season is long over (not that they aren't already there, but they probably think they can still make the playoffs for another month before reality sets in).

Wouldn't be surprised to see them just hold him out the whole year either.

Anyways, go kids!
nothing about Giles. honestly, I would be surprised if we even saw him in a Kings uniform this year.

After I finish playing my game of "catch-up" with the last few Kings games I recorded that I haven't been able to watch, I will watch this game tonight. Go Team Purple and Black.

And, as always, I will provide my 2 cents (and then some) on the game(s) later this evening.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
winnable game, Kings also have more wins on the road than at home. Don't let Lou Williams go off and you give yourself a good chance. Jordan will feast on the boards.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I've been taking a little break from the Kings (the whole NBA really). My realization I posted in the "It's hard to Kings Fan" thread has hit me harder than I thought it would.

I'll probably have this on, probably in the background. Let's see if I can muster up a reason to care.

I've been taking a little break from the Kings (the whole NBA really). My realization I posted in the "It's hard to Kings Fan" thread has hit me harder than I thought it would.

I'll probably have this on, probably in the background. Let's see if I can muster up a reason to care.
I just want a definitive direction.. we teeter on making an unlikely outside push for the 8 seed and why are you winning (lottery)? We need to start bringing consistency or dealing some vets, can’t tow the line of not competing for playoffs and not getting a high pick. It’s be competitive or not time

Frank Mason has fallen in love with getting blocked at the rim it seems. HAS to realize he has drawn a crowd and there are open shooters out there. Seems to get tunnel vision on his takes to the rim.

Frank Mason has fallen in love with getting blocked at the rim it seems. HAS to realize he has drawn a crowd and there are open shooters out there. Seems to get tunnel vision on his takes to the rim.
Once he settles into a role as a role player he'll have a nice long career but there will be a learning curve apparently.

I never thought I'd say this, but I really hope there is some sort of disconnect between the front office and coaching staff because if they are on the same page with this it's going to be a long season and then some.