Kings @ Clippers Game Thread, 3/21, Noon Thirty PST :)

WTF moment of the game?

• Jennings gets to perform the electric "game winning" slide.

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Casspi and Donte = invisible in the wrong way.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Evans's unfortunately ambiguous health status.

Votes: 14 34.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my good lord what a desultory stretch...

Yep, that's the right word for it. These Kings are approaching the tail end of their first season of growth, many of the players are young and inexperienced (i.e. Casspi), or coming off of injury (i.e. Thompson), and showing very little gas left in the tank. To make matters worse, the fearless leader has suffered a right good whack to the head. I pray the young man hasn't broken anything, gotta keep that super head in good shape for all those title runs.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you expected an easy win against a red hot playoff caliber Bucks team, then you do not follow the state of the NBA very closely (and you're not alone :eek:). Their missing piece, and our biggest problem, was John Salmons. Salmons is a savvy, veteran defensive presence with the size to check Evans. You 'member, 'member? Salmons was one of our lock down guys, dude was a bit of a Buzzkillington black hole, but he was always a good defender.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the he** are Bucks fans doing at Arco Arena? Must I suffer the foolery of some rogue camera operator panning to a few scattered fans that find themselves cheering for a relatively obscure team at our decrepit arena? Do they think it's funny? Do they find it amusing that there are seven Bucks fans who are bold enough to wear their team's colors at Arco and expect a win? Kings fans need to fill up Arco and prevent such mockery. The idea that Arco has become some sort of gallery for the fans of other teams makes me sick. As a Kings fan, I will be buying a ticket to the next game and I will hopefully squeeze at least one of those fools out of there. Smiling and eating an arena dog... MY ARENA DOG, ^&*%$!!!!!

Now then, Award time:

TDM - Ersan "I'd have started for the Kings" Ilyasova.

LW-VC - Luke Ridnour's clock is ticking.

JHA - Omri "Hasselhoff" Casspi (dancing on the wall ;))

MIKKI - Donte "One Bucket" Greene.

SAR- Jerry Stackhouse plays for the Bucks now?

RA&1 - Andres "But I tried..." Nocioni.

WTF/JT moment of the game - The foot drag, more incredible than the moon walk.

Clippers are next, who really cares? I don't even think the Kings or the Clippers care. March madness has befallen our great nation and you should take this weekend to study up on the amazing draft prospects that will be awaiting us this summer. I promise you that at least one of those games will be better than this, especially if Evans can't play.

Predictions:

Kings 95, Clippers 106

Pts: : Landry 20 / Kaman 24
Asst: Udrih 5 / Davis 8
Rbds: Hawes 9 / Kaman 13
Blks: Hawes 2 / Kaman 2

Probable Starting Lineups (Worst case scenario edition)

Udrih / Davis: Davis is due for a monster game
Garcia / Gordon: Gordon will burn us
Casspi Butler: Butler may win (God help us)
Landry / Gooden: Why is Gooden so bad?
Kaman / Hawes: Freudian slip :D

Alot of fans are hoping the Kings are taking notes from this guy:

Prepare for a federal investigation, right after some health care thing the politicians gotta do Sunday too. The slide may continue.

In all seriousness,
GO KINGS!!!

Last edited:
S

sactownfan

Dang im going to the clipper game with no Evans and no Griffen... EXCITING!

plus Casspi cant find himself on the court... wtf! so lame!

CANT WAIT TO SEE IME AND NOC PLAYING EXTENDED MINS OVER CASSPI AND GREEN!

I think the only thing that would make me happy is to see Hawes finally step up and fight Kaman in the paint and win that match up... but correct me if im wrong but hasn't Kaman always owned Hawes?

I was at the 2/20 game against the clips and seriously thought about getting tix for tomorrow's game. No Reke so I guess it makes me feel a lil better for saving the $.

Last edited:
This is the game I totally expect the Kaveman to kill us with like 20/20...and have his little neanderthal pirate sidekick Baron Davis to act as his accomplice...No Tyreke is NOT going to be pretty, welcome back to the Land o' Ugly Lins!

Hey, think back a little bit.

A meaningless win against the Clippers at the end of the season, and what it did to us.

Remember that?

There are no ugly lins for us now, they're all beautiful lins.
At this point, I could see GP doing something like Danny Ainge did a few years ago...might be time to trade a pick for proven leadership...just sayin'...

At this point, I could see GP doing something like Danny Ainge did a few years ago...might be time to trade a pick for proven leadership...just sayin'...
And unless we get the number one or two pick, i wouldn't mind going that route at all. I mean how long can we continue losing games because were 'young'?

Only problem is, everything would have to fall into place for us to get a couple of steals like Boston did. I just dont see a scenario out there, that could net us anywhere near the veteran talent that they picked up.

You can definitely argue this thing on both sides but i would stick with the way we are building this team, and that is through the draft/trades and hopefully intelligent signings.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I see this game going wither way. I mean, sure the Clippers have more talent on paper but you must remember they're the Clippers. You can have either super-BAron or Shareef-Baron out on the court.

What I'll be watching for is Landry getting on the board. Will he be able to rebound from a two board game? It's not like he's matched up against Chris Bosh.

Another key will be Hawes. If he gets his jumpshot going, that opens up the middle as it draws Sir Uglypants out of the paint. A few boards and defensive stops wouldn't hurt either.

Spencer looks good right now. Beno is on FIRE! I sense that statement coming. lol
Ya, Spencer is almost at his season average in the first quarter.

3 months ago I would say to get rid of Beno the first chance we have. I would love to keep him so Tyreke and he could take care of our guard positions.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You know, you don't remember until you actually see it in person just how pathetic the Clippers are - and I firmly beleive a lot of the fans in Staples are cardboard cutouts. I've seen more excitement from people watching paint dry...

I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.