[Game] Kings @ Celtics - 12/2/16 - 4:30PT/7:30ET

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Kings never win in Boston and to top it off, their margin of defeat is usually 15+ points so I don't expect that trend to change today. Also, Horford has been known to give Cousins a good run for his money and he has the size, length and strength to give Boogie a hard time.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Kings never win in Boston and to top it off, their margin of defeat is usually 15+ points so I don't expect that trend to change today. Also, Horford has been known to give Cousins a good run for his money and he has the size, length and strength to give Boogie a hard time.
Or at least 2 of those. Mobility can sometimes cause Cuz more issue than anything, although having a coach that will let him post the twerp can only help.

Game plan. If Horford is hassling Cuz then set Afflalo up to take at least 10 3pt shots. Try it, it might jog the team into scoring better and competing.

Bricklayer

As an aside, here's a fun little number I just sent out via twitter:

Coming into tonight's game, Demarcus Cousins is on the 5th highest scoring pace in NBA history. Only MJ (3 times), and Kobe in his epic 05-06 season have ever scored points at this rate.

Pts per 100 possessions:
1) 86-87 Jordan 46.4
2) 05-06 Bryant 45.6
3) 87-88 Jordan 43.6
4) 92-93 Jordan 43.0
5) 16-17 Cousins 42.8
6) 89-90 Jordan 42.7
7) 90-91 Jordan 42.7
8) 15-16 Curry 42.5
9) 95-96 Jordan 42.5
10) 81-82 Gervin 42.4
11) 16-17 Westbrook 42.4

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Game plan. If Horford is hassling Cuz then set Afflalo up to take at least 10 3pt shots. Try it, it might jog the team into scoring better and competing.
A bunch of other teams in the league just bombs threes until it works. Just join in, because why the hell not... :p

50? Try 75!!!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
... Also, Horford has been known to give Cousins a good run for his money and he has the size, length and strength to give Boogie a hard time.
That said, some other guys who have historically given Cousins a hard time include:

Jonas Valanciunas
DeAndre Jordan
Steven Adams
Marcin Gortat

So far this year, Cousins is 3-2 against those guys, and has made mince meat out of all of them. Winning in Boston is always a tall order for the Kings but, if we lose, I have a feeling that it's not going to be because Al Horford got the better of DeMarcus Cousins.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
The Celtics hustle like crazy.. they also have Marcus Smart who is a Vlade-like floppist. This game is a recipe for disaster

Bricklayer

The Celtics hustle like crazy.. they also have Marcus Smart who is a Vlade-like floppist. This game is a recipe for disaster
Certainly was last year.

But this is another team where people have to be careful not to confuse them with last year's bunch. Many of the same faces, but injuries and new faces and they have not gelled the same way.

Right now Boston has the #22 ranked defense in the league, with a DRTG of 108.6. We're #24 with a 109.2.

The Boston crew last year that caused so many problems? A DRTG of 103.6, 4th in the NBA.

It makes no sense... I really truly don't get it at all... :(
I can't believe this, last year it took a good 20 losses before Karl realized that Collison Rondo didnt work and now its taking just as long for Jorger to realize it. It has not worked once this year. All of the metrics and eye test point it Boogie being a 5 with the floor spaced and Koufus is an excellent bench big but Dave is hell bent on being stubborn with this, its going to be a few more losses before Jorger makes any changes.

I dont know what kind of offense Joerger is trying to run, The pray Boogie scores every play offense is something the celtics will sniff out real quick.

Who stole Rudy Gays talent? Stop settling for clank midrange jumpers and go to the rack your freaking 6'9 and built like a tank! just like that!

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
You can always count on the starters getting the job done. Stevens just completely toyed with Joergers defensive system in that first quarter. Now, time to let Temple, Barnes and co. trying to stop the red hot opponent per usual.