[Game] Kings @ Cavs 12/9/2022 4:30pm Pacific 7:30pm Eastern

On a scale of doomed to DOOMED, how doomed are the Kings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Well, it's officially official after 23 games: WE SUCK! The McNerd era has been a disaster and the league should probably tear down Golden 1 Center and move the team to Virginia Beach while they still have the chance.

The Mike Brown hiring has been a total disaster. The defense still looks like a mess and the offense is absolutely incoherent and unwatchable without Tyrese or Luka around to guide it. Furthermore, the players don't listen to him and he's terrible with the press! Also his coaching staff is a mess and completely inadequately equipped to develop players.

Middle manager Monte McDoink (nice name, turd!) has totally mortgaged the future of this team by both trading the future GOAT for a journeyman center near the end of his career (who is probably going to leave to go to the Lakers soon anyways) and trading away A FIRST ROUND PICK for a bad guard who wouldn't even be in the rotation of any non-Sacramento team in the entire world of professional basketball. AND this is all ON TOP OF captain HR middle management galaxy brain McDuck offering DeBuston Fox a MAX contract his very first day on the job two years ago!

And that brings me to my next point: KeegWastedPick Murray.
Point: The modern NBA is built around 4/3 forwards who are skilled, good at defense, and can shoot the ball.
Counterpoint: I DON'T CARE! Passing on a star prospect like Dyson Daniels or Ousmane Dieng for a 35-year-old man who probably has a mortgage payments is a TERRIBLE MOVE and indicative of the treadmilling middle-management style that has made the Suck-ramento Kangz the worst franchise in the history of sports.

Look at the well-run teams in the NBA like the Rockets for example. Lots of lottery picks! Lots of young players! One old vet who they're randomly hanging onto for some reason in the hopes that some team out there will panic and give up a first round pick! Kevin Porter Jr., who everyone absolutely loves and totally isn't going to self-destruct again like he does every season. More importantly, they have youthful logjams at the positions where their two highest picked players play! Prime position for an 11% chance at drafting Wemby, baby! THAT'S WINNING IN MODERN SPORTS, BABY!

Seriously I could do a better job of running this team and I don't even watch basketball!

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
since Joakim once said that there is nothing in Cleveland, the players should attend an Art gallery to sooth their minds prior to tip off

They have two talented centers, and we only have one...could be problematic. Domas needs to stay out of foul trouble and on the court.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
All this because Stephen thinks we should keep Diet Dr. Pepper in the complementary soda fridge. Listen here big guy, I didn't graduate tops in my class at Corinthian to have my decision making called into question by the likes of... of... of... YOU!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
But did you do the math showing that the delta is within normal variation proving we are going to win 34 games.
Me calculating the deltas via multiple logarithmic equations ( don’t know if that’s how that works, AP Calc was the only class I ever dropped in high school) to determine that we would have had a 100% chance at somehow drafting both Wemby and Scoot after having drafted Banchero this year if only we had followed my overly intricate and entirely implausible plan for the franchise:

Both De'Aaron Fox and Donovan Mitchell are listed as "questionable" for tonight's game. I assume Davion Mitchell will replace Fox in the lineup, although it could be Malik Monk.

Terence Davis is also listed as "questionable," having aggravated his recent back injury in practice.

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Me calculating the deltas via multiple logarithmic equations ( don’t know if that’s how that works, AP Calc was the only class I ever dropped in high school) to determine that we would have had a 100% chance at somehow drafting both Wemby and Scoot after having drafted Banchero this year if only we had followed my overly intricate and entirely implausible plan for the franchise:
Funny story, I missed a few days of AP calc when I guess the theory of why you are even doing derivatives in the first place was explained. Basically struggled all year with a C+ and didn't bother registering for the AP (or maybe I did to get out of a final? All I know is I scored a 5/5 on the AP Comp Sci class and thought I was smart and could code, but the calculus would bite me there too).

So I had to retake it first year of university, the minute the rationale behind derivatives was explained, your gif literally happened inside my head. Easiest A I got in college.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Funny story, I missed a few days of AP calc when I guess the theory of why you are even doing derivatives in the first place was explained. Basically struggled all year with a C+ and didn't bother registering for the AP (or maybe I did to get out of a final? All I know is I scored a 5/5 on the AP Comp Sci class and thought I was smart and could code, but the calculus would bite me there too).

So I had to retake it first year of university, the minute the rationale behind derivatives was explained, your gif literally happened inside my head. Easiest A I got in college.
Same note, too, bro! (shout out to Cinephobe)

I barely passed Calc when I took it in twelfth grade, embarrassed myself on the AP exam, and had to take it again my first year of college. ****ing breezed through that ****, the second time around.

EDIT - Wait a minute... I thought that you were a year older than me: AP Computer Science was a thing that existed in 1992? Man, my high school didn't even have a computer lab, when I was there!

Last edited:

I have a degree in mechanical engineering and I'm still an idiot with math that has to use his fingers to add and subtract sometimes.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
EDIT - Wait a minute... I thought that you were a year older than me: AP Computer Science was a thing that existed in 1992? Man, my high school didn't even have a computer lab, when I was there!
Just attended my 30th in October.

It was turbo pascal, I think they had maybe a dozen crappy things, never even knew it existed until I took the class (we did have a Word Processing course in a different lab, which was maybe the easiest A I ever ever ever got given I went in typing ~85wpm)

Just attended my 30th in October.

It was turbo pascal, I think they had maybe a dozen crappy things, never even knew it existed until I took the class (we did have a Word Processing course in a different lab, which was maybe the easiest A I ever ever ever got given I went in typing ~85wpm)
I am planning on attending my 20th next year. I'm honestly a little scared to converse with all of my friends/classmates who are now parents of school kids and find out just how different things are these days compared to when I graduated high school in 2003...:p:p:p

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I am planning on attending my 20th next year. I'm honestly a little scared to converse with all of my friends/classmates who are now parents of school kids and find out just how different things are these days compared to when I graduated high school in 2003...:p:p:p
So my kid is doing high school visits right now. He's at Jesuit Portland today - at their open house I had my Marauders alumni hat on and the president there saw it and he is JHS Sac alumni and we got rockstar treatment. But it seems like the local Christian Brothers/LaSallian school might be a better fit for him which was a hard thing to swallow - except when I went to my 30 year I found out that rivalry is basically just a meaningless football game at this point. It was a blood feud in 1992! Throwing a curve ball into all of this is the diocesan school is a 5 min walk from my house and I was unimpressed but he really liked it :p

I went to 10, 15 and 30 year reunions. I think they are worthwhile, especially if you went to a school that is big on post-graduate network opportunities. Not that I always take them, but they're there. That's the wild-card on my vote in the school selection process for him.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The Kings got killed by Booker, Lavine and Holiday over the past few games. It seems to be a trend with these bigger guards. Safe to say, they better be ready for Donovan Mitchell in this game (if he plays).

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
The Kings got killed by Booker, Lavine and Holiday over the past few games. It seems to be a trend with these bigger guards. Safe to say, they better be ready for Donovan Mitchell in this game (if he plays).
What if we just agree we'll sit Fox if they sit Mitchell. Call it even, and a get well opportunity for each.

I was voted most likely to skip the class reunion in high school, and I aim to never disappoint.

gunks

Hall of Famer
What if we just agree we'll sit Fox if they sit Mitchell. Call it even, and a get well opportunity for each.
I love it. Wasn't looking forward to watching gimpy Fox struggle to make an imprint or see Mitchell drop 40+ today.

Although if Fox sits and Mitchell plays, it's a good opportunity for us to snatch a moral victory on the road!!

So my kid is doing high school visits right now. He's at Jesuit Portland today - at their open house I had my Marauders alumni hat on and the president there saw it and he is JHS Sac alumni and we got rockstar treatment. But it seems like the local Christian Brothers/LaSallian school might be a better fit for him which was a hard thing to swallow - except when I went to my 30 year I found out that rivalry is basically just a meaningless football game at this point. It was a blood feud in 1992! Throwing a curve ball into all of this is the diocesan school is a 5 min walk from my house and I was unimpressed but he really liked it :p

I went to 10, 15 and 30 year reunions. I think they are worthwhile, especially if you went to a school that is big on post-graduate network opportunities. Not that I always take them, but they're there. That's the wild-card on my vote in the school selection process for him.
Go Falcons!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.