[Game] Kings @ Bulls - Friday, Dec. 1 - 5 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
On the road again!

Not much to talk about on my end ... except we had a bit of excitement when a pretty good-sized black bear decided he didn't like us putting the bear guard across the lid of the dumpster:
upload_2017-11-30_23-1-54.png

Heart.
Hustle.
Energy.
Effort.

Still what we need, along with some consistency - which I know full well is going to take a while. When the Kings play good for a stretch, it's easy to forget how young they are and how much they have to learn.

It's a LEARNING season and it's still a good time to be a Kings fan.

On the road again!

Not much to talk about on my end ... except we had a bit of excitement when a pretty good-sized black bear decided he didn't like us putting the bear guard across the lid of the dumpster:
View attachment 7012

Heart.
Hustle.
Energy.
Effort.

Still what we need, along with some consistency - which I know full well is going to take a while. When the Kings play good for a stretch, it's easy to forget how young they are and how much they have to learn.

It's a LEARNING season and it's still a good time to be a Kings fan.
I hate to repeat myself so much, but doing so gives me all the hope I need for the future. Therefore, I will repeat myself until the day I die. And I hope no one cares that I do.

But...

It's ALWAYS a good time to be a Kings fan. ALWAYS.

They chuck a lot of 3's which is a good recipe to beat us despite having the worst record in the NBA and playing on a back to back this game is far from a easy win, will be interesting to see how Fox/Hield/Mason handle the pressure of Dunn/Holiday/Grant (if he's playing) none of them are as strong as Bledsoe/Brogdan/Liggins but they have good speed.

Im getting nervous about all our wins. If we were winning because Skal and Fox and Hield were lighting it up i would not be concerned. But as much as everyone hates the dreaded tank talk, with out another "star" player this teams ceiling will be right back on the dreaded 8th seed treadmill. The best chance we have of avoiding that future is with the highest possible pick next year.

Im getting nervous about all our wins. If we were winning because Skal and Fox and Hield were lighting it up i would not be concerned. But as much as everyone hates the dreaded tank talk, with out another "star" player this teams ceiling will be right back on the dreaded 8th seed treadmill. The best chance we have of avoiding that future is with the highest possible pick next year.
The Bulls are probably the worse and most dysfunctional team in the league. This should definitely be a win. I agree with your concern about winning too much. I know that sentiment has many detractors these days, but this upcoming draft is extremely important.

edit: I am still rooting for losses this season - but with good development from our rooks. And wins next season. And maybe a few more losses the season after that to coincide when we have our pick back.

The Bulls are probably the worse and most dysfunctional team in the league. This should definitely be a win. I agree with your concern about winning too much.
I don't think anyone should put the words Definitely and Win in the same sentence, when referring to the Kings. :rolleyes: Especially on the road. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think this is the first "we should win" game of the year. That kind of makes me nervous.
I think many posters thought the Phoenix game and the Atlanta game were "should wins." This is part of the reason for the forum meltdowns after each one. Well, they were demolished by Atl, so that added to the meltdown.

I wouldn't take anything for granted on the road, although a back to back for Chicago (in Denver) certainly makes a win more likely.

I think many posters thought the Phoenix game and the Atlanta game were "should wins." This is part of the reason for the forum meltdowns after each one. Well, they were demolished by Atl, so that added to the meltdown.

I wouldn't take anything for granted on the road, although a back to back for Chicago (in Denver) certainly makes a win more likely.
No doubt about that, but not me, but today I am.

Chicago should be the worst team in the NBA.

So yes, I think we should be able to handle this tonight on paper.

No doubt about that, but not me, but today I am.

Chicago should be the worst team in the NBA.

So yes, I think we should be able to handle this tonight on paper.
Without our vets, we'd be the worst team in the NBA... I think the Kings and Chicago are equally bad, but we have ZBo to fall back on, while the Bulls have no one.

The only way you can assert this, which you have done so repeatedly. is if you know how good (or not so good) Fox, Giles, Skal, Mason, Buddy, Jackson and others will be individually and collectively in 2-3 years . You don't know this (and neither do I), so you can't assert this. We may already have a franchise player on the roster (I think we may have one in De'Aaron Fox). Or we may not even have enough talent to qualify for the 8th seed. Therefore to say our ceiling is the 8th seed barring a Top 5 or Top 3 pick in 2018 requires you being a soothsayer or time traveller. Since there is no such thing, your assertion has no merit.

The only way you can assert this, which you have done so repeatedly. is if you know how good (or not so good) Fox, Giles, Skal, Mason, Buddy, Jackson and others will be individually and collectively in 2-3 years . You don't know this (and neither do I), so you can't assert this. We may already have a franchise player on the roster (I think we may have one in De'Aaron Fox). Or we may not even have enough talent to qualify for the 8th seed. Therefore to say our ceiling is the 8th seed barring a Top 5 or Top 3 pick in 2018 requires you being a soothsayer or time traveller. Since there is no such thing, your assertion has no merit.
I use a Bluesooth device.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I'm so down with an L tonight.

Beating GS or the dirty stinking Lakers is one thing, but this is a lotto rival here! I don't need Z-bo dropping 25/15 on the Bulls, no sir!

Ok, that's my one obnoxious lin message of the night.