Kings @ Boston Game Thread, 3/26, 4:30 P.M. PST

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no poll because there is only one realistic WTF moment of the Nets game: the score at the final buzzer.

Are you embarrassed as a Kings fan?
Or are you relieved that they are a ping pong ball closer to that top pick?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not embarrassed, the team should be embarrassed. I will have to defend myself for wearing the jersey of a player who allowed his team to get stomped by quite possibly the worst squad in NBA history. Be embarrassed for making me defend myself, Kings! Of course, I am one of those good (terrible?) fans that will root for this team even if they had 8 wins in an entire season.

To be honest, I knew the loss was coming at halftime and ran off to do something else. As George Carlin once said: "If your team is terrible, just follow something else." Or something to that effect. Maybe someone could help me out with that one.

Casspi is now living on the rookie wall. John Brockman took a hit and is in hospice beside it. Our whole team seems to be running back to the wall in order to rescue their fallen brethren, but alas! No matter the circumstance, if you head for that wall your game will suck. The team is young and inexperienced, likely to flounder if they sense adversity. With time comes toughness, with time comes savvy, time brings the tools you need to successfully make it through an entire NBA season. They haven't had much time at all. This version of the Kings is like alot of future playoff contenders: They need about three years to really compete.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awards:

TDM - Devin Harris almost pulled off a perfect game. (He's all-star quality, but come on.) CDR nets 2nd place.

LW-VC - Yi Jianlin. This dude almost made the all-star squad.

JHA - The Kings' Bench

SAR- Noc wants out. Ha! No way, you're our "veteran presence."

RA&1 - Garcia needs to pull it out.

WTF moment of the game - We join Charlotte, NYK, CHI, LAC, and Boston in their support group.

No Evans again, but gather some hope for tonight. The Kings could theoretically allow their bruised egos to propel them to compete against the beastly Celtics. The Celtics lost to NJ too, after all. :D

Predictions:

Kings 92 Boston 100

Pts: Udrih 18, Pierce 18
Asst: Udrih 9, Rondo 12
Rbds: Thompson 9, Perkins 12
Blks: Hawes 3, Perkins 3

Probable Starters:

Udrih / Rondo: Udrih will have better stats, but Rondo will play better.
Garcia / Allen: Garcia better tighten up his "D"
Greene / Pierce: Pierce will get his.
Landry / Garnett: Expect a draw. Garnett will probably get more rebounds.
Hawes / Perkins: Two totally different players that will probably leave each other alone. Perkins will look like D. Howard; Hawes will probably look very good too.

The Kings will suffer through this game and the next without Evans. I guess that's okay. It won't do anything to help their development and they will probably lose both. But if you're inclined to just enjoy watching your team play, tune in.

GO KINGS!!!

Last edited:
Im gonna be partaking in this beatdown live and in person, I'm hoping the guys put up a fight or I will def be exiting mid 3rd quarter in shame.:)

In reality I expect a hard fought L, we played them good in Arco last time and we didn't have Mr. Landry, so we shall see.

Im gonna be partaking in this beatdown live and in person, I'm hoping the guys put up a fight or I will def be exiting mid 3rd quarter in shame.:)

In reality I expect a hard fought L, we played them good in Arco last time and we didn't have Mr. Landry, so we shall see.
Sorry you don't get to see Reke play live.

I expect a 'just woke up from a long flight, tired as hell' Sacramento Kings beatdown in Beantown!

edit: hope they make it interesting, but not EXPECTING them too, though.

I will be there, unfortunetly Evans won't.... With my one kings game a year, I hope we see extended minutes for Omri.

Either way I'm excited. Love me some live basketball, good seats.. Get to hear KG trash talk the hell out of everyone, should be good.

I'm not saying we are playing well, or should be winning... but the Celts are getting away with mugging us everytime we drive the ball while the Kings pick up fouls for breathing on a Celt.

Status
Not open for further replies.