Kings / Blazers trade.

Kings trade G. Hill for M. Harkless and E. Davis. (who probably gets bought out)

Kings get a SF who is age appropriate for this team and the Blazers get a Combo guard to take some pressure off their backcourt.

Does this seem like a reasonable offer for both teams and does it make sense to you?

Kings trade G. Hill for M. Harkless and E. Davis. (who probably gets bought out)

Kings get a SF who is age appropriate for this team and the Blazers get a Combo guard to take some pressure off their backcourt.

Does this seem like a reasonable offer for both teams and does it make sense to you?
I don't see how Portland would want G. Hill, when they have 20mil+ in each of their starting back court players (Lillard and Mc Coullum).

They be more apt to want one of our bigs (ZBo?), than one of our guards.

How about the Kings trade Hill & a future 1st rd. pick to NO for Cousins?:D

Maybe a few teams?
  • Nuggets, PGs all young and inexperienced
  • Grizz?? depends on if they're trying to contend
  • Spurs, yes they have Parker, Mills, and Murray, but it wouldn't hurt them.
  • Cavs, as a backup PG, maybe starting SG in small lineups
  • Wizards, need a backup PG
I don't think there's a major need for Hill right now.

Maybe a few teams?
  • Nuggets, PGs all young and inexperienced
  • Grizz?? depends on if they're trying to contend
  • Spurs, yes they have Parker, Mills, and Murray, but it wouldn't hurt them.
  • Cavs, as a backup PG, maybe starting SG in small lineups
  • Wizards, need a backup PG
I don't think there's a major need for Hill right now.
Minny with Teague out.

The nuggets are the team to get G.Hill.

Heres a dream 3 way trade:

Sac - D.Carroll, E.Mudiay, 2x 2nd rnd picks from den & bkn
Den - G.Hill, T.Zeller
Bkn - K.Faried, J.Hernangomez

Den get their PG, Bkn get 2 solid PF's and move RHJ to SF, we get a vet in Carroll who can serve as a role player and vet presence at SF. He's got another year next year but thats okay, especially if we get Porter. Who knows how he'll be after sitting out the year with a back injury. Gives us 3 decent SF next year with Porter/Carroll/Jackson.
Mudiay we can probably flip to the wiz or atl for t.frazier or m.delaney as a 3rd PG to see the season out.
*VC would need to be bought ouy so he can join the raps

While I would jump on that deal from the Kings perspective, I think there are bigger needs to be addressed than just dumping Hill. Sure, the 20 mil next year are ugly, but neither Fox or Mason are ready to run a team full time. Other teams just scout the heck against youmg unexperienced players and kill their confidence. We already see it with Fox. So if you trade Hill I think you need to bring in another veteran ball handler as well.

If anything Kings need to figure out the big guy situation. Dont think they will move on from Zbo yet, but Kosta should be shopped. Ideally we'd get a PF/SF back to allow Joerger to finally play smaller. Split the Center minutes between Zbo and Willie and maybe Skal against certain matchups and put a shooter at the 4. This would go along way to putting Fox in a better situation.

While I would jump on that deal from the Kings perspective, I think there are bigger needs to be addressed than just dumping Hill. Sure, the 20 mil next year are ugly, but neither Fox or Mason are ready to run a team full time. Other teams just scout the heck against youmg unexperienced players and kill their confidence. We already see it with Fox. So if you trade Hill I think you need to bring in another veteran ball handler as well.

If anything Kings need to figure out the big guy situation. Dont think they will move on from Zbo yet, but Kosta should be shopped. Ideally we'd get a PF/SF back to allow Joerger to finally play smaller. Split the Center minutes between Zbo and Willie and maybe Skal against certain matchups and put a shooter at the 4. This would go along way to putting Fox in a better situation.
I don't think Fox nor Mason are ready to run a team full time yet, but I don't think neither has gotten a fair opportunity to try it out. To be honest, I've been really shocked about how loose/sloppy Fox's handles are. Maybe it's just an adjustment, but he loses the ball far more than you would expect him to. Let's say they aren't ready... well some bright side to it, Bogdan has been shown some abilities as a secondary ball handler. This could help Fox out a lot.

Hill is leading the league in 3pt shooting %. For a guy we have all been highly dissapointed in, when on earth did he start hitting 3's at the best clip in the league?

The thing about trading Hill or ZBo though, is next year when the organization is planning to win all they can, Hill would play a large role. Its just this year that him playing well for big mins kinda messes thungs up. Need to Bledsoe him and ZBo at some point after All star break

I don't think Fox nor Mason are ready to run a team full time yet, but I don't think neither has gotten a fair opportunity to try it out. To be honest, I've been really shocked about how loose/sloppy Fox's handles are. Maybe it's just an adjustment, but he loses the ball far more than you would expect him to. Let's say they aren't ready... well some bright side to it, Bogdan has been shown some abilities as a secondary ball handler. This could help Fox out a lot.
I'd like to see how the offense looks without ZBo playing at all. It's not like the offense runs like a well oiled machine when Hill is at the point but Mason and Fox are obviously held back when the big guy is on the court and I think Hill's drop in points and assists are in large part to ZBo as well.

I think Fox's handle will be ok. He's just adjusting to the NBA. He was able to get away with more in college because defenders weren't as good at getting their hands on the ball. He will adjust and should be fine in that department. The only concern I have for him is his shot.

I'd like to see how the offense looks without ZBo playing at all. It's not like the offense runs like a well oiled machine when Hill is at the point but Mason and Fox are obviously held back when the big guy is on the court and I think Hill's drop in points and assists are in large part to ZBo as well.

Agree. I think Z-Bo has lived up to his contract. I have read numerous examples of young players citing him as a great mentor off the court. On the court, he can beast at times.

However, of all our vets, Z-Bo makes the least sense as far as how our 25 and under players should seemingly be utilized. Our youngsters are best suited to a faster pace. Z-Bo is not. Even Kosta can get up and down the court when need be. Hill isn't physicaly incapable of a faster pace, nor is Temple or Vince when he is in.

Not saying we need to trade Zach, but of the vets and for my own perceived ideal play style for our younger core, I would like to see his minutes and usage reduced the most.

I am not worried about Hill at this time.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Agree. I think Z-Bo has lived up to his contract. I have read numerous examples of young players citing him as a great mentor off the court. On the court, he can beast at times.

However, of all our vets, Z-Bo makes the least sense as far as how our 25 and under players should seemingly be utilized. Our youngsters are best suited to a faster pace. Z-Bo is not. Even Kosta can get up and down the court when need be. Hill isn't physicaly incapable of a faster pace, nor is Temple or Vince when he is in.

Not saying we need to trade Zach, but of the vets and for my own perceived ideal play style for our younger core, I would like to see his minutes and usage reduced the most.

I am not worried about Hill at this time.
Perhaps, he says hopefully, his minutes will start being reduced when Giles is ready to contribute. I agree that his physical abilities don't fit in well with a faster pace. As for Hill, I'm starting to think he doesn't have another gear to go to. When he has a chance to push the ball he doesn't, unless it a fast break and he's leading the charge, and if he is, you can bet he won't give up the ball. Frankly, I'm getting a little tired of seeing Hill dribble the emblem off the ball while the shot clock winds down. I don't think this team needs him right now. If Fox, or Mason struggle, both Temple and Bog's can run the point. All Hill is doing right now is taking up a roster spot and space on the floor. Oh, and hitting the occasional 3 pointer.

Perhaps, he says hopefully, his minutes will start being reduced when Giles is ready to contribute. I agree that his physical abilities don't fit in well with a faster pace. As for Hill, I'm starting to think he doesn't have another gear to go to. When he has a chance to push the ball he doesn't, unless it a fast break and he's leading the charge, and if he is, you can bet he won't give up the ball. Frankly, I'm getting a little tired of seeing Hill dribble the emblem off the ball while the shot clock winds down. I don't think this team needs him right now. If Fox, or Mason struggle, both Temple and Bog's can run the point. All Hill is doing right now is taking up a roster spot and space on the floor. Oh, and hitting the occasional 3 pointer.
Agree completely, and that is exactly why I used the qualifier "not physically incapable" of a faster pace with Hill. I believe it is completely a choice with Hill and he is choosing to pound the ball into the floor more often than look to speed the tempo.

FYI every trade I’ve seen in this thread involves the Kings taking back more players than they trade out. But they’d have to cut someone first, since their roster is full (even before you count Sampson and Cooley). So, trade proponents, who do you cut to make these deals work?