[Game] Kings at Nuggets, 1/7/2022 6pm PT/9pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
It's the Nuggets, which means we all get to see our favorite whiner, flopper, and basically-get-away-with-everything-er Nikola Jokic! Yay!

The Nuggets are listing Aaron Gordon and Bones Hyland as probable. Jeff Green and Zeke Nnaji are questionable and Petr Cornelie is out due to health and safety protocols. They also have several long-term injuries including Jamal Murray and Michael Porter Jr.

The Kings will be missing Holmes and Metu for H&S, and Lou King is in Stockton. TD is questionable with a left ankle injury. It appears that Queta, Ramsey, and Woodard are all with the team.

Omg Kayte shut up with the pace crap. We have tried that
I didn't hear what she said but she's absolutely not wrong about pace. The Kings are just so poor offensively, as a team, at seeing the entire half court and moving the ball effectively to find the open man/shot. They have enough individual talent to make the one-on-ones and contested shots work, but they could do so much better. For one thing, when the ball goes itside, it almost always goes up, regardless of open shooters on the perimeter.

As such, they often get a better shot when they push the ball, before the defense sets up.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Bagley with the nice drive from the perimeter…..maybe he should do that more
Bagley is the only big we have with an actual offensive skill set. We are so used to our bigs not having skill that we don’t utilize or have it in the game plan. If it’s not guard oriented it’s not in the playbook

What are the Kings doing? Buddy just threw the ball to nobody and leads to easy dunk. Also when will Mitchell see the court … I swear he misses Len or Jones wide open under the basket several times a game.

Communication on D is non existent, weak side D is terrible.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I didn't hear what she said but she's absolutely not wrong about pace. The Kings are just so poor offensively, as a team, at seeing the entire half court and moving the ball effectively to find the open man/shot. They have enough individual talent to make the one-on-ones and contested shots work, but they could do so much better. For one thing, when the ball goes itside, it almost always goes up, regardless of open shooters on the perimeter.

As such, they often get a better shot when they push the ball, before the defense sets up.
Out running a team is not a strategy. It’s a gimmick utilized by weaker teams. It’s not sustainable and it’s not going to win at this level.

Put Queta in! Our bigs are getting run out of the gym by a "so-called fat boy"
What game are you watching? Jokic got the dunk because Hield threw the ball away. Len was near the basket while Jokic was showing up on the screen so of course he would beat him to the other side. The issue is the back line guards aren’t stopping the ball.

I’d put Queta in as well at this point. Defensive rotations are bad/late, our bigs are not good defensively
Denver is hurting them mainly on weak rotations, bad weak side defense, & transition. How those things are on the bigs is beyond me. Gobert pulsing stop any of that.

Out running a team is not a strategy. It’s a gimmick utilized by weaker teams. It’s not sustainable and it’s not going to win at this level.
Wut? Pushing the ball when you have the quickest player on the floor and don't have much of a half-court offense is a smart thing to do. Pushing the ball doesn't mean being compelled to shoot it as soon as you're in range.

"A gimmick used by weaker teams"? Never mind that the Kings ARE a "weaker team," I don't think that's a defensible position.

Bottom line is that if this game is ALL about half court play, the Kings will get blown out - and they're on their way.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I feel sorry for each player individually. But as a team they all suck. But if you focus on one player any player for 4-5 possessions. They are trying hard. I think it’s just team concept. I don’t think we have disciplined offense or defense we are running. It’s like pick up teams in the park.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Wut? Pushing the ball when you have the quickest player on the floor and don't have much of a half-court offense is a smart thing to do. Pushing the ball doesn't mean being compelled to shoot it as soon as you're in range.

"A gimmick used by weaker teams"? Never mind that the Kings ARE a "weaker team," I don't think that's a defensible position.

Bottom line is that if this game is ALL about half court play, the Kings will get blown out - and they're on their way.
It’s not going to win at this level. That quickest player you speak doesn’t want to do it. Players gotta buy in and egotistical NBA players don’t want to be gimmicky.

dude12

Hall of Famer
We beat their d and get into the paint and we get our shots blocked by their bigs, our bigs are ghosts when they get into the paint.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
100% fact. That’s why the second the league figured that’s the only reason the Joerger Kings were good for that half season and how to counter why they immediately (wait for it!) WENT BACK TO BEING TERRIBLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.