[Game] Kings at Clippers, 4/9/2022 6:30 pm Pacific 9:30 pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Only two games left, and the Kings are locked into he #7 slot in the lottery. Since there's no incentive to lose...there will be no rooting for losing in this thread! Go Kings!

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
When I checked the ESPN app at 6pm, they had the game not starting until 10... when did the start time get changed to 9:30?

this team is horrible. Queta has a midget on him for I don't know how many possessions and they can't find a way to get him the ball

Queta looks like a solid deep bench big to me. Hopefully he gets a real depth spot next season.
The real +ev move is probably just to let Jones walk (as much as I do like him) and not waste a salary on him. Back-up C is not an important slot, you have Len, you have Lyles/Metu who can be a small-ball 4/5 combo. If Queta floundered in the 12-15 MPG role, we have options. Honestly, Lyles/Metu as your back-up bigs is probably way better 90% of the time and you have Len for any real big big dudes.

Assuming he's looking for like a 2/10 deal or even the contract Len got. 2/6 is probably the max we should go.

The real +ev move is probably just to let Jones walk (as much as I do like him) and not waste a salary on him. Back-up C is not an important slot, you have Len, you have Lyles/Metu who can be a small-ball 4/5 combo. If Queta floundered in the 12-15 MPG role, we have options. Honestly, Lyles/Metu as your back-up bigs is probably way better 90% of the time and you have Len for any real big big dudes.

Assuming he's looking for like a 2/10 deal or even the contract Len got. 2/6 is probably the max we should go.
I really hope they don't resign Jones. He can be a nice player at times but he's a bad rebounder and a hot and cold defender. Not really a needle mover and is probably worse than the majority of players he faces up against.

I’m just waiting to hear “Vivek said oh let me go talk to 3 other GMs about this trade and then lose out on it cause I moved too slow”

I really hope they don't resign Jones. He can be a nice player at times but he's a bad rebounder and a hot and cold defender. Not really a needle mover and is probably worse than the majority of players he faces up against.
Yeah I think he's a reasonably good back-up C in a 12-15 MPG role. The problem is that's probably the least valuable role on this team since he's a big that can't play with Sabonis in town and we already have depth that can fill that spot (Queta, Len, Lyles, Metu).

Especially if he wants a real contract like 2/8 or 2/10. Save that cash for a wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.