[Game] Kings at Blazers, 1/9/2022 6pm PT/9pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
The Kings head into Portland, but will be missing both Holmes and Jones for H&S protocols. Additionally, Fox is questionable with a shoulder injury, and Harkless is questionable with an ankle. For the Blazers, their normal starting backcourt of Lillard (abdomen) and McCollum (chest) are out, as are Norman Powell (H&S) and Nance (knee).

Given that the Blazers are missing their top-3 per-game minutes players, and four of their top-6 in total minutes this season, we're likely looking at an opportunity to steal one here. That said, which G-League player goes off on us tonight?

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I'd be alright with Mitchell and Queta in the starting lineup. :) It's not going to happen because Tristan Thompson is a force of nature we cannot hope to contain, but it would have been fun to see what they could do with extended minutes in the same lineup.

Blazers missing 3 of their top 4 players huh? Sounds like another game where we will have 1 crappy quarter that will doom us and we will somehow keep it close til the mid 4th and either eek out a win vs g-leaguers or another disappointing loss. Which will it be? I don’t know, I’m gonna be watching the chargers and raiders and hope the chargers don’t choke away their playoff spot.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
NEEMIAS QUETA BREAKOUT SZNN

I’ll actually be watching tonight to see some Queta mins. (Prepares to be disappointed when Len and Bagley split all 48 minutes at center)

I'd be alright with Mitchell and Queta in the starting lineup. :) It's not going to happen because Tristan Thompson is a force of nature we cannot hope to contain, but it would have been fun to see what they could do with extended minutes in the same lineup.
Big new baby-daddy energy!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Lol the dude they’re interviewing couldn’t even pretend he meant it when he said “Sacramento’s a good team”

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
They still aren't pressuring on defense as a plan but this is one of the few times where you can see the effort just isn't there. They've bought out on that end or are close to doing so.

"What percentage does Buddy have to be shooting out there for me to forgive all the negativity he brings on the court?"

I just asked myself...

Pick and choose what you want to complain about this game. At the half, Tyrese has 5 assists. The team has 7. Not helped by our inability to make any kind of bucket, but bad nonetheless.

Pick and choose what you want to complain about this game. At the half, Tyrese has 5 assists. The team has 7. Not helped by our inability to make any kind of bucket, but bad nonetheless.
we scored only 19 points in the 2nd quarter, which is not much worse than 21 points in the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.