Kings are the first NBA team this season to surpass its own 2017-18 W record

It was a close race... but
The Sacramento Kings are the first NBA team this season to surpass its own W record from previous season.

Last night it was still a tight battle at the lead, as 3 teams simultanuously tied their W number from 2017-18:

1. Brooklyn Nets - 28 wins
2. Sacramemto Kings - 27 wins
3. Dallas Mavericks - 24 wins

And then came the Spurs game... :D

A nice fact.

BTW - My favorite to be thd first one toncross that line was Memphis, because they only had 22 wins last season. :eek:
But they got stuck forever just one game behind (21).

Always thought the prediction the Kings would be terrible this year had more to do with national perception of the organization and very little to do with the talent the Kings had. If people were watching, the young kids were playing really well at the end of last season after they were finally turned loose.

Looking at the standings and had the thought, for the first time, "what if we can get above the 8th?" I know it's not statistically likely, but we're right there. The idea of facing the Nuggets or Thunder in the first round would have me salivating. We'd definitely be underdogs, but I think we'd make it a series against both.

Here's a nice & accurate Standings Prediction I found... :)

View attachment 8855
Let's compare the graphic to current standings:
Code:
1 Milwaukee Bucks      +3
2 Toronto Raptors      +3
3 Indiana Pacers       --
4 Philadelphia 76ers   -2
5 Boston Celtics       -4
6 Brooklyn Nets        +6
7 Charlotte Hornets    +8
8 Miami Heat           -1
9 Detroit Pistons      --
10 Orlando Magic       +3
11 Washington Wizards  -5
12 Atlanta Hawks       +2
13 Chicago Bulls       -2
14 Cleveland Cavaliers -4
15 New York Knicks     -7

1 Golden State Warriors   --
2 Denver Nuggets          +6
3 Oklahoma City Thunder   +1
4 Portland Trail Blazers  +3
5 Houston Rockets         --
6 San Antonio Spurs       +5
7 Utah Jazz               -4
8 Los Angeles Clippers    +6
9 Sacramento Kings        +6
10 Los Angeles Lakers     -8
11 Minnesota Timberwolves -1
12 Dallas Mavericks       +1
13 New Orleans Pelicans   -7
14 Memphis Grizzlies      -5
15 Phoenix Suns           -3
Leading overachievers: Hornets +8; Nets, Nuggets, Clippers, Kings +6
Leading underachievers: Lakers -8; Pelicans, Knicks -7

I am hoping that the Lakers don't get AD at the trade deadline.

I think the Kings can beat out an AD-less Lakers and Clippers team for the playoffs!
I don't think thr Lakers have enough to get it done. There is no reason for NO to hurry either. Woj said in a tweet that NO wants a player back that can be a multiple all-NBA player. I don't think Ball, Kuzma or Ingram will be good enough for that.

Looking at the standings and had the thought, for the first time, "what if we can get above the 8th?" I know it's not statistically likely, but we're right there. The idea of facing the Nuggets or Thunder in the first round would have me salivating. We'd definitely be underdogs, but I think we'd make it a series against both.
We’d absolutely take them to 6 and maybe even 7 with a few lucky bounces

Here's a nice & accurate Standings Prediction I found... :)

View attachment 8855
I remember saying before the season that I couldn't understand the love PHX and DAL were getting over SAC. The KINGS were better than both teams last season and did enough during the offseason to improve as much or more.

Despite all the love fans on this site continually give to Devin Booker, PHX is still an awful team despite landing the #1 pick in the draft and Ayton performing reasonably well. That could change if they land Zion next season, but they were still trying hard up to December and weren't good.