Kings Already Shopping Hill and Maybe Others

Some more from Sporting News
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/new...pers-bucks-nuggets/1w4kglcudwq0m1tcmagph0q20o

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=493851

NBA TRADE DEADLINE SELLERS
Kings
The Kings gave playoff competitiveness a chance for about three or four games, but are back where you’d expect to find them — hunting for a deal that could bolster their future. Guard George Hill has already been shopped and would be a good fit on a contender. Zach Randolph has also played well, even at age 36, and could be moved soon, too. And there’s always the hope that, somehow, Vince Carter gets shipped back to Toronto in time for the Raptors’ postseason run.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'll believe it when I see it. Hopefully Temple is a part of these rumors as well, a contender could use his services off the bench for defense and the occasional three ball.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Some more from Sporting News
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/new...pers-bucks-nuggets/1w4kglcudwq0m1tcmagph0q20o

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/ExternalArticle?articleId=493851

NBA TRADE DEADLINE SELLERS
Kings
The Kings gave playoff competitiveness a chance for about three or four games, but are back where you’d expect to find them — hunting for a deal that could bolster their future. Guard George Hill has already been shopped and would be a good fit on a contender. Zach Randolph has also played well, even at age 36, and could be moved soon, too. And there’s always the hope that, somehow, Vince Carter gets shipped back to Toronto in time for the Raptors’ postseason run.
LOL. Stop the presses. The Kings are shopping George Hill. And Vince Carter may head back to Toronto? OMG. This guy's sources are golden.

In other news, water is still wet. :p

Sounds like there may possibly be some merit to the Hill rumor.

The ZBo and Carter part of that statement isn't based on any source. Just the writers opinion of what could happen.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Sounds like there may possibly be some merit to the Hill rumor.

The ZBo and Carter part of that statement isn't based on any source. Just the writers opinion of what could happen.
Come on. There's nothing there that any of us couldn't have written. That's not a rumor. That's throwing a bunch of words on the wall and seeing if any of them stick. Do any of us really think the Kings won't be looking to move George Hill? Now if they talked about a team that might be interested in that contract, I'm all ears.

Come on. There's nothing there that any of us couldn't have written. That's not a rumor. That's throwing a bunch of words on the wall and seeing if any of them stick. Do any of us really think the Kings won't be looking to move George Hill? Now if they talked about a team that might be interested in that contract, I'm all ears.
I'm not quite sure what you're irritated about. I just split the statement so it's obvious that the ZBo and Carter part of it has no merit at all.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm not quite sure what you're irritated about. I just split the statement so it's obvious that the ZBo and Carter part of it has no merit at all.
Not irritated. Just saying there are good sources out there but this just seems to be empty words. I didn't follow how you thought it had merit because in my mind he really didn't say anything.

It's not like Sporting News is a garbage publication. They rarely post anything false or sensationalize sports. They might not mention a specific team yet, but they are certainly not a sports rumor pub.

Not irritated. Just saying there are good sources out there but this just seems to be empty words. I didn't follow how you thought it had merit because in my mind he really didn't say anything.
Sporting News is not a reputable source? Really? It's not like I retrieved the info from TMZ or the New York Post.

Mess of a thread.

VF is right. Journalism is in the dumps right now. Sportingnews is no better than a multitude of others who gave up on reporting and got into the business of generating clicks.

General rule of thumb that won't let you down - discard anything without a quote attributed directly to a source. Any unnamed sources, or people close to the situation, is generally either the writer's own opinion, or the basis of an agenda. People should literally ignore anything without quotes/sources.

The amount of absolute lies that are printed daily in mainstream publications should be criminal. It's perfectly logical that the Kings are shopping Z-Bo/Hill but that's the point - it was a lazy, convenient story for the writer. Could be right, could be wrong. No one gets it right every time, do they? Rinse and repeat for every hack out there.