Kidd a King???

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Now ESPN is reporting that the Kings are one of three teams (Wolves and Mavs being the other two) that Jason Kidd wouldn't mind playing for.

"But with Kidd, everything is big, because he is the face of the franchise. But he'd rather have someone else's mug be on it, and continue chasing his dream of winning a championship with Kevin Garnett and the Timberwolves, Dirk Nowitzki and the Mavericks or Chris Webber and Kings. Those are his first three choices, in no particular order."

He is gimpy as well, into his 30's, not a very good defender and has $90M in salary coming in the next 5 years. Can't see where he makes sense for us. :confused:

Last edited:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Just beceause Kidd mentions the Kings as a team he would "like to play for" doesnot make him either a good fit not a done deal.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I believe we heard the same report mid-summer.

Jason Kidd saying he would like to play for us is not even remotely the same thing as us actually being interested in getting Jason Kidd.

G

godsthename

MIKE BIBBY is just as good if not better than kidd. Kidd is overrated he cant shoot. Bibby is a sharpshooter, good passer, isnt crying about his situation like kidd. To be honest i think bibby is top in the league with nash cassell and marbury. You give kidd 3 more years and hes done. bibby on the other hand is in his prime and will be for a long time.

Of all our starters, I think that Bibby being replaced would be the worst thing to happen.
And Kidd would be too much of a risk and a short term solution anyways.

They have reported like a 100 different teams Kidd "wanted to play for" First it was Dallas, then it was the Lakers, then the Spurs, then the Wolves, then the Nuggets, now the Kings are another team... Nothing major

HndsmCelt said:
Just beceause Kidd mentions the Kings as a team he would "like to play for" doesnot make him either a good fit not a done deal.
exactly, andre miller has family down here and also would like to play for the kings

bibbyweb said:
And Kidd would be too much of a risk and a short term solution anyways.
he would'nt really be much of a solution

CruzDude said:
Now ESPN is reporting that the Kings are one of three teams (Wolves and Mavs being the other two) that Jason Kidd wouldn't mind playing for.

"But with Kidd, everything is big, because he is the face of the franchise. But he'd rather have someone else's mug be on it, and continue chasing his dream of winning a championship with Kevin Garnett and the Timberwolves, Dirk Nowitzki and the Mavericks or Chris Webber and Kings. Those are his first three choices, in no particular order."

He is gimpy as well, into his 30's, not a very good defender and has $90M in salary coming in the next 5 years. Can't see where he makes sense for us. :confused:
That trade doesn't really make sense for any of the three teams he wants to play for. None of those three teams really have the type of supporting cast which allows Kidd to excel, and he would only bog down or hinder offenses in each location due to his suspect outside shooting.

Granted, he's a defensive upgrade in any of those places, but not enough to warrant moving the current pieces in place on any of those three teams.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
4cwebb said:
That trade doesn't really make sense for any of the three teams he wants to play for. None of those three teams really have the type of supporting cast which allows Kidd to excel, and he would only bog down or hinder offenses in each location due to his suspect outside shooting.

Granted, he's a defensive upgrade in any of those places, but not enough to warrant moving the current pieces in place on any of those three teams.
Actually I think he would be a good fit in Dallas, with the only problem being that Dallas likes EVERYBODY to be able to shoot, PGs included.

Cuban might be crazy enough to try it, but I dunno. That knee should be scary to anyone actually thinking of handing over a team to him.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Aren't news reports of players "likes and interests" great? On the plus side they get umpteen responses in a flash and get our juices up. On the down side there is usually not a thread of sanity or reality in the original stories and they create more arguments among the pseudo fans who don't have a clue. Ain't free speech great! :D

i could see the wolves picking him up. they've been turning to alot of vets the past few seasons to shore up their roster... i don't know how many expiring contracts or prospects they have to offer the nets in return though.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
KMart23 said:
i could see the wolves picking him up. they've been turning to alot of vets the past few seasons to shore up their roster... i don't know how many expiring contracts or prospects they have to offer the nets in return though.
Being barred from the draft for recruting violations will do that to you.