KG wants out???!!!

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
That is the word from a few different boards I visit, apparently from the radio or something, it was said that KG has gone to management and said he wants out.

Be something if it were true. Might not be though.

Petrie, do your stuff.

Or Joe/Gavin Maloof, I don't give a crap who, just get it done

But not if it costs too much.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well, that's the one thing that would sure get people over the whole Adelman thing...

I've dreamt about Kevin Garnett in a Kings uniform for a long time.

i'll wait for official word before i believe the t-pups are about to move garnett...

though if there's any credence to this, we can all expect the rumor mills to eat it up. this kinda news could easily overtake the playoffs in general. SA vs detroit...detroit in 7. who cares?! kevin garnett is available!!! ;)

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
SLAB said:
Bibby/Miller/SAR for Garnett/Griffin.

GET R' DONE!

In my wildest dreams...
If anything went down for KG, I would think it should be mandatory to end with a kings lineup that included Bibby/Artest/KG.

Anyone but Bibby/Artest/Wells for KG.

Sac trades:

Brad Miller/ Kevin Martin/ Francisco Garcia/ Big Nasty/ Reef/ two 1st round picks

Twolves trade: KG/ Blount/ Hassel

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Well well, years of KG plotting finally made worthwhile? :p

We remain what we have been -- a team in a good, but not great positon to make a run at KG. Have a lot of pieces, and one of the few teams out there who can give a bunch of them away and still have a contender with a drool-worthy KG/Artest forward pairing.

I don't think its true, there is always a bunch of KG rumors each summer and none of them are ever true. I will wait for proof of some kind.

NJO said:
Imagine that lineup

PG Bibby
SG Bonzi
SF Artest
PF Garnett
C Miller

and Martin as the 6th man
Give us the championship already!!!

Unfortunately, we would have to give up either Brad or Bibby or maybe even both for the Wolves to even consider it.

SacTownKid said:
If anything went down for KG, I would think it should be mandatory to end with a kings lineup that included Bibby/Artest/KG.

Anyone but Bibby/Artest/Wells for KG.

Sac trades:

Brad Miller/ Kevin Martin/ Francisco Garcia/ Big Nasty/ Reef/ two 1st round picks

Twolves trade: KG/ Blount/ Hassel
I like it, especially including Hassell with KG.

Doubt they take both Kevin and Garcia because of McCants/Davis/Reed already there, or they just don't play 'em :/.

This Trade Succeeded!

Sacramento Kings

Incoming Players

Kevin Garnett
Salary: $18,000,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 21.8 REB: 12.7 AST: 4.1 PER: 26.88

Outgoing Players: Vitaly Potapenko, Kenny Thomas, Jason Hart, Corliss Williamson, Campbell's Chunky Savory Pot Roast Soup

Minnesota Timberwolves

Incoming Players

Vitaly Potapenko
Salary: $3,325,416 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 2.5 REB: 1.9 AST: 0.3 PER: 7.55
Kenny Thomas
Salary: $8,183,769 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 9.1 REB: 7.5 AST: 2.0 PER: 15.08

Jason Hart
Salary: $1,540,000 Years Remaining: 0
PTS: 3.3 REB: 1.1 AST: 1.1 PER: 7.10
Corliss Williamson
Salary: $6,000,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 3.4 REB: 1.8 AST: 0.4 PER: 8.17

Campbell's Chunky Savory Pot Roast Soup
Salary: $1.99 Years Remaining: unlimited if unopened
PTS: 0.0 REB: 3.9 AST: 0.0 CAL: 240

Outgoing Players: Kevin Garnett
~~

P.S. Note that even the soup rebounds better than Miller in the playoffs!

Alacron said:
This Trade Succeeded!

Sacramento Kings

Incoming Players

Kevin Garnett
Salary: $18,000,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 21.8 REB: 12.7 AST: 4.1 PER: 26.88

Outgoing Players: Vitaly Potapenko, Kenny Thomas, Jason Hart, Corliss Williamson, Campbell's Chunky Savory Pot Roast Soup

Minnesota Timberwolves

Incoming Players

Vitaly Potapenko
Salary: $3,325,416 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 2.5 REB: 1.9 AST: 0.3 PER: 7.55
Kenny Thomas
Salary: $8,183,769 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 9.1 REB: 7.5 AST: 2.0 PER: 15.08

Jason Hart
Salary: $1,540,000 Years Remaining: 0
PTS: 3.3 REB: 1.1 AST: 1.1 PER: 7.10
Corliss Williamson
Salary: $6,000,000 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 3.4 REB: 1.8 AST: 0.4 PER: 8.17

Campbell's Chunky Savory Pot Roast Soup
Salary: $1.99 Years Remaining: unlimited if unopened
PTS: 0.0 REB: 3.9 AST: 0.0 CAL: 240

Outgoing Players: Kevin Garnett
~~

P.S. Note that even the soup rebounds better than Miller in the playoffs!
Hilarious!

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
yup same old DOS roumers. Sure KG may want to leave Minny but untill he tell McHale trade me now! it just will not happen. If he did demand a trade Sac might be in the running but it will cost. Of course I'd also have to say no matter what it cost it might be worth it.

Bricklayer

hoopsfan said:
This rumor has been around for the past year...at least.
No, this is a new iteration.

But now having seen one of the early reports/threads that started it over on the other boards, I again have my sincere doubts the source was anything more than just a bored kid in front of mommy's computer.

KingKong said:
Give us the championship already!!!

Unfortunately, we would have to give up either Brad or Bibby or maybe even both for the Wolves to even consider it.
True, if the T-Pups give us KG, they will want us to pay dearly. If we can get him without giving up Bibby, Artest, and Bonzi, and maybe even KMart, let's do it. Also with KG, we don't need Brad, we need a strong big Center like a Prizbilla because KG will score, defend, etc. we need a good compliment for him and I don't think Brad is it....even if he were...we don't need him on this team period...let along with KG that would probably want his butt kicked off the team.

That would be the trade of the century or at least the best in Kings history, or NBA history. We do that in a heart beat. The soup just gives the T-Pups something to chew on after they realize how bad they screwed up. :D

Turning the garbage crew into gold.....Priceless :)

KingKong is right, Bibby must be part of the deal for it to go down. I think anyone on the Kings is tradeable to the Maloofs/Petrie, except Artest.

Bricklayer

Unfortunately the two assets that are most likely to have to be part of any KG deal are likely Kevin and the #19.ome of our vets too of course. But if the Wolves do this, gotta beleive they are goint to want to stock up on young players with star potential and draft picks. Maybe SAR because of his reasonable salary to hold down the vacated KG spot. MAYBE Brad just because the lack of centers. Mike = perhaps because he's not THAT old. But in all cases with kids and picks thrown in.

I don't know how good an Artest-KG pairing would be. They're both intense, both think they're the alpha dog but neither really is. Although Artest is certainly closer than KG. I think that KG has been exposed these past two years. We can talk about the talent around him, how McHale sucks, and all that, but the T-Wolves have just not been competitive. At all. What other former MVP in his prime has had two abysmal seasons in a row like KG? Miller would have to be a part of the deal. KG doesn't mix well with offensively skilled, but defensively liable, white dudes.

I would much rather pair Artest with a younger player who is more skilled than him. This way, Artest can maintain the mentor/leader role which he desires, enjoys, and excels at, while not having to carry the burden of the offense. I would not, under any circumstances, take the reins away from Artest. He needs to be in control, and he needs the team to be his. He performs exceptionally well when those caveats are met.