LoungeLizard Prediction Game 2018-19: Hail the Lizard! Game over! See you next year!

Losing to the current Suns (Even on the road) is really unacceptable! :mad:

This feeling in itself is a great sign of how far we advanced as a team. :)

Summary

1547021658147.png

TBC

Ron, can you please clarify how difference points are calculated when you misspredict a winner? For example, you predict Kings win by a single point, but they loose by 1 point. Do you award it with 12 points (2 point difference misprediction) or 0 points?

Last edited:
Ron, can you please clarify how difference points are calculated when you misspredict a winner? For example, you predict Kings win by a single point, but they loose by 1 point. Do you award it with 12 points (2 point difference misprediction) or 0 points?
No points
From the first message of the thread:
Scoring System:

A short reminder of the scoring system:
You can total as much as 100 points for one prediction:
1. You get 40 pts for predicting the winner.
2. You get up to 30 pts for predicting the point difference of the game (directional difference! +10 is not the same as -10!)
3. You get up to 15 pts for predicting the final score of each of the teams (30 pts for both teams together)

So I think you get no points if you cannot predict the winner.

No points

Scoring System:

2. You get up to 30 pts for predicting the point difference of the game (directional difference! +10 is not the same as -10!)
3. You get up to 15 pts for predicting the final score of each of the teams (30 pts for both teams together)

Not sure about 2nd rule, "directional difference" might mean that you earn 12 points in my example.

12 points!
Why do you ask?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
No points

Scoring System:

Just a note: In things like this, it is best to let the person who created the game answer any and all questions regarding scoring, etc. ;)

12 points!
Why do you ask?
That is one possible interpretation of directional difference rule. I do not suggest rule change in the middle of the game, just making a point that such interpretation is possible and to me it looks more logical and fair. When you predict close game, one point difference, you feel that chances are 50/50. If it is really 1 point difference but you are wrong about winner, you are not awarded 40 points for a correct winner, so you are penalized. Someone who predicted correct winner but blowout gains 40 points over you. So, IMO you should at least gain difference points because you were off just by 2 which equals 12 points based on difference, according to rules. :)

Not sure if your answer with exclamation mark means you are surprised by my suggestion or you really award 12 points in this case.

Updated:

That was the answer! I reviewed how you calculated my last score and figured out, that you actually do exactly the way I described. I am so glad, that makes sense. :)

Last edited:
That is one possible interpretation of directional difference rule. I do not suggest rule change in the middle of the game, just making a point that such interpretation is possible and to me it looks more logical and fair. When you predict close game, one point difference, you feel that chances are 50/50. If it is really 1 point difference but you are wrong about winner, you are not awarded 40 points for a correct winner, so you are penalized. Someone who predicted correct winner but blowout gains 40 points over you. So, IMO you should at least gain difference points because you were off just by 2 which equals 12 points based on difference, according to rules. :)

Not sure if your answer with exclamation mark means you are surprised by my suggestion or you really award 12 points in this case.

Updated:

That was the answer! I reviewed how you calculated my last score and figured out, that you actually do exactly the way I described. I am so glad, that makes sense. :)
You ate absolutely right.

You DO get points for being close to the actual margin even if you miss the winning side.

In the case you referred to - you WOULD get 12 points. (@bubulina was wrong here)

Updated:

That's actually one of the examples I use in the Score-Sheet explanation :D
(The most points you can score without predicting the correct winner)

See example 2 below:

1547204177342.png

Back to .500 to start the 2nd half of the season!!

And great predictions too!

All of us gave the Kings a W.

@Capt. Factorial only missed both teams' scores by 1 small point! :cool:
(not in the same direction though, so predicted margin was off by 2).
That was enough for a strong 72.

@rosa u podne only missed the margin by 1, but was a bit farther off
in predicting the scores, and tallied 67.

@origkds came 3rd with 61.
@bubulina and @El Paljasso shared 4th place with 53.

1547204516909.png

King of the Night

8th time crowning for @Capt. Factorial,
and he ties it at the top with @LoungeLizard!

# KingsFan ................... Daily Wins
1. @LoungeLizard ............ 8
--- @Capt. Factorial .......... 8
3. @Tetsujin ........................ 5
--- @Ron ............................... 5
--- @origkds ........................ 5
6. @rosa u podne ............. 3
7. @El Paljasso ................... 2
--- @Telemachus ................ 2
--- @VF21 .............................. 2
--- @chief bromden .......... 2
--- @bubulina ...................... 2
12. @burekijogurt .............. 1
--- @Kangztillidie .............. 1
14. @km23 .............................
--- @The Hammer ..............
--- @Camino ........................
--- @Cojc ...............................
--- @kingsfan1984 .............
--- @lwc .................................
--- @ppine ...........................
--- @SacTownKid ...............
--- @SLAB .............................
--- @Tomcat .........................
--- @whozit ..........................

King of January

@Capt. Factorial took the lead in this race tonight, ever so slightly...

It is very close though, and the month has just begun.

1547205454720.png

Leader Board

Once again - no changes of ranking:

1547205491881.png

Averages Per Prediction

1547205559558.png