KF - Official Fantasy Football League - 2009

It was about this time last year I created the fantasy football thread, therefore, I thought I would go ahead and start it. And besides, its never to late to think about football. :p Ok, who's coming back from last year? If you are coming back, please post here and I'll PM you the information you will need to sign up.

Draft time is August 15th (Saturday) @ 10:00a.m. I have the same settings as last year.

By the way, I will need to know soon if you plan on participating. Many timeslots have already been taken, therefore, if the date doesn't work out, I'll need to know quick.

The following people played last year:

Nebs Niners
Circa Revenge
Diddys Evil Penguins
Evil Implacable
G_M_
Gary's Bengals
MI Kings Fan
Spiking Penalty
VF21 Devils
Venom's Vendetta
LT JSin
Bradymeister

I'll come back. Dang Saturday again in both leagues. Same problem as last year for me, I work all day on Saturday.. all good, I'll deal with it.

Sorry nebs - Many people have Saturday offs, therefore, its hard to get everyone to agree. At my work place, I get Friday's/Saturday's off and in another football league, they have their draft on Sundays and I can't make Sundays since I work that day.

I do appreciate your understanding.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'll come back. Dang Saturday again in both leagues. Same problem as last year for me, I work all day on Saturday.. all good, I'll deal with it.
I'd be a tad more sympathetic if you hadn't won our league last year. :)

Fantasy Football you say, I could be convinced to partake. PM me.

P.S.- In two days my name will need to change to CPT JSin.

I just want to apologize in advance to everyone in the league. I just joined and unfortunately that means a lot of bleak sundays are in store for the rest of you. Hopefully you all can look at the bright side of things and enjoy the exciting race for second place.

Best regards,

I have sent PM's to everyone and the only one that have checked in are

Nebs
VF21
Gary
Lt JSin
Venom
Bradymeister
C. Diddy

For those that haven't responded, please PM or post in this thread. It would really be nice if I can get everyone coming back to respond as soon as they can. If people are not coming back, please also respond so I can start a waiting list.

Last edited:
Thanks C. Diddy for signing up.

I haven't heard from

Circa Revent
Evil Implacable
MI Kings Fan
Spiking Penalty.

You have all received PM's from me on June 28th. Again, if you are not playing, please let me know

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'd suggest you drop Evil Implacable since Evilmav2 defaulted on virtually ALL his fantasy leagues last year and has, in fact, pretty much dropped off the face of the Internet for over a year.

MI Kings Fan - bigdog5142 - is also MIA.

uolj and KingMyC - If I don't hear from the other 2 members in the next few days, I will then go ahead and send the information to have you sign up. Thanks for wanting to partcipate. This league is a lot of fun.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Looking forward to it! Hopefully they haven't made it even more garphics intensive. IIRC, last year it took over 20 minutes for me to get the stupid thing to open...

:)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm actually pleased with my team for the most part, even if the autopick did make my first three picks because it took me 12 minutes to get into the draft itself...

I'm actually pleased with my team for the most part, even if the autopick did make my first three picks because it took me 12 minutes to get into the draft itself...
I made several mistakes that I was kicking myself over, but at least the obvious ones were all at the end of the draft. I won't realize the mistakes I made at the beginning of the draft were actually mistakes until 4-5 weeks into the season. :p

I think I drafted alright, considering my draft position. My entire season is going to hinge on the health of LT and Gore, which may be a very bad thing.