Keeping McLemore?

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Yeah, you never know the Kings might want to trade for.... Garret Temple? I'm not sure what else Ben will get you at this point. If the Kings were worried about facilitating trades they would have done that when they had space. And the Kings have like 2 injuries at SG before they have to even be semi-concerned about depth.

On a 15 man roster, its ok to have a 3rd player on the depth chart
Actually I am pretty impressed at our depth at each position

PG: Mason (if Yogi passes him up)
SG: Ben
SF: Shump
PF: Zbo
C: KK

4 of them are enders that can be used in Feb, or add 37mil in cap space next yr
Even Mason's 1.6 mil is nonguarenteed

My hope is all 4 will only get Garbage minutes, or maybe to rest one of the rotation players,but any of them can step into the rotation
if there is an injury at 1,2 on depth chart

Of course that assumes all 4 of our young bigs Bagley,WCS,Giles,Skal get all of the
minutes, which I hope will be the case

Davis will be gone (my guess)

I wouldn't be surprised if McClemore makes the cut and is in the rotation as a backup guard/forward.

Ben played some of his best basketball at the end of the 2017 season with coach Joeger.

I can see him playing some backup minutes. He will be fighting it out with Shump for minutes IMHO.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The only chance for McLemore is if he makes a big impact on the defensive end of the floor. If he uses all that athleticism to defend like a hungry crazed dog, then I can see him getting minutes. If it's same ol' same ol' then he's not going to be around very long.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
His name is McLemore. I kind of wonder how important he can be if folks can't even get his name right. :p

I really think that KK will get his minutes and Ben will also. He is young enough with experience and he has to know Eurobasketball is his future unless he can show he belongs.
Sometimes a person just gets in their head complacency and goes through the motions and it takes jolt of realization for them to come around.
I really hopes for Ben gets this’ll be the last of the NBA and not the Kings really miss me and the way I play.

kK is a good back up center and for all of his faults I liked him.

I really think that KK will get his minutes and Ben will also. He is young enough with experience and he has to know Eurobasketball is his future unless he can show he belongs.
Sometimes a person just gets in their head complacency and goes through the motions and it takes jolt of realization for them to come around.
I really hopes for Ben gets this’ll be the last of the NBA and not the Kings really miss me and the way I play.

kK is a good back up center and for all of his faults I liked him.
So who's minutes are you restricting to get them into the lineup?

When Ben came back to us via trade, it just didn't make sense. Seemed like he would be released or packaged in a trade. But not given a roster spot. Now it looks like he is getting a roster spot. I haven't warmed up to the idea, but it's not like bringing in Ralph Sampson. As the 2nd or 3rd SG coming in off the bench, we could do worse than Ben. He is gifted athletically. He just doesnt seem to have a very good BBIQ, and hasn't improved much statistically after 5 seasons in the NBA. But maybe he'll emerge in his 6th season. I wouldn't bet on it, though.

When Ben came back to us via trade, it just didn't make sense. Seemed like he would be released or packaged in a trade. But not given a roster spot. Now it looks like he is getting a roster spot. I haven't warmed up to the idea, but it's not like bringing in Ralph Sampson. As the 2nd or 3rd SG coming in off the bench, we could do worse than Ben. He is gifted athletically. He just doesnt seem to have a very good BBIQ, and hasn't improved much statistically after 5 seasons in the NBA. But maybe he'll emerge in his 6th season. I wouldn't bet on it, though.
Agreed. I think this is where expectations should be tempered by where Ben stands on the totem pole.

Bogdan and Buddy are firmly in the #1 or #2 spots in the SG rotation.

Ben is going to get spot minutes as the #3 SG or bench SF spots. It's not like 2 years ago, when we were hoping he would develop into a good starter at SG. As the 3rd guard, Ben can be very useful in spot minutes to gives us some athleticism on the floor. Ben could develop into a solid bench role player for us.

Agreed. I think this is where expectations should be tempered by where Ben stands on the totem pole.

Bogdan and Buddy are firmly in the #1 or #2 spots in the SG rotation.

Ben is going to get spot minutes as the #3 SG or bench SF spots. It's not like 2 years ago, when we were hoping he would develop into a good starter at SG. As the 3rd guard, Ben can be very useful in spot minutes to gives us some athleticism on the floor. Ben could develop into a solid bench role player for us.
I would guess that Shump is the #3 SG. Ben, if he makes the roster, would be #4.

I don't care either way. Don't see either of them in our future. Just think that Shump has higher trade value, since he has the reputation of a good defender. If he can produce something, we just might get something for him.