Keegan Murray SL Debut (26 points on 10/14 from the floor)

My personal favorite play from this game was when he hits Jessup with the jab step, then the shot fake, takes 3 dribbles with the lefthand, he's got the little chicken wing ready and also creates some space with his shoulder, then spins right into an easy 6-footer.

I love the kid and am completely unsurprised by the efficient scoring. I do think he'll face a lotta defenders he can't bully, so if he can be a legit hi-30% shooter in the NBA that'll be huge. And I really want to see what kind of passer he'll become - how willing and how effective once he's not the best player on the team. I don't love the fact that as a frosh he avg'd only half an asst per game in 18 min when he clearly wasn't the centerpiece of the offense.

We'll see.

Last edited:
I love the kid and am completely unsurprised by the efficient scoring. I do think he'll face a lotta defenders he can't bully, so if he can be a legit hi-30% shooter in the NBA that'll be huge. And I really want to see what kind of passer he'll become - how willing and how effective once he's not the best player on the team. I don't love the fact that as a frosh he avg'd only half an asst per game in 18 min when he clearly wasn't the centerpiece of the audience.

We'll see.
He was finding guys pretty well today. And I agree that passing is a big swing skill for him. If he is quick and good with his passing, it will really set up his off-ball moves.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Obviously I'm pleased since Murray is my guy, and this is a typical Murray game. Not flashy, just efficient and he makes it look easy. I would like to point out that he had zero turnovers, and that's also typical. I think he had only one foul. He doesn't force things and he doesn't pound the ball. Just a very good basketball player.

That is still the only Marvin highlight that sometimes pops up on my YouTube feed and I enjoy watching. It felt like we were going places with Marvin and Giles…o_O
By the way…. Why the heck is the California classic not in Sac? The games at golden one felt electric, and for a stupid summer league game. The SF fans don’t really care, and who could blame them just a couple weeks out from a championship parade.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
By the way…. Why the heck is the California classic not in Sac? The games at golden one felt electric, and for a stupid summer league game. The SF fans don’t really care, and who could blame them just a couple weeks out from a championship parade.
The loudest cheers of the night were for Mike Brown (justified) and Steph Curry (okay, fine) but I never once got the feeling that the people there were actually watching the game. Part of that's probably just thanks to the Warriors deciding to have all their actual NBA prospects sit the game out for some reason but I once saw Kings fans cheer their hearts out for Emmanuel Terry despite him not even being on the roster.

Obviously I'm pleased since Murray is my guy, and this is a typical Murray game. Not flashy, just efficient and he makes it look easy. I would like to point out that he had zero turnovers, and that's also typical. I think he had only one foul. He doesn't force things and he doesn't pound the ball. Just a very good basketball player.
Typical for Murray, not typical for rookies.

What do you think his next step will be, feels he could really do some work on his handle