Karl Anthony Townes is Now Available

Ok, so I just did a search (you really should be providing links, especially when starting a thread like this) and I’m not buying it. ‘‘Tis the season for reporters/media types to stir the pot and generate clicks. From what I could gather this all started from a Zach Lowe and Windhorst convo on a podcast. BSPN at its finest. Looks like they’ll be able to push out a few stories over the weekend to generate a few clicks.

If there was any truth to this, then uh yes you trade the 2nd pick for him. No brainer.

I most absolutely would but given fans’ tendency to overrate draft picks I think I would be in minority!

He will be 23 later this year, one of the best young skilled big men in the NBA. A perennial all-star. It’s what the team would hope than pock 2 turns into.

I might get flock for this, but I would take Ayton over KAT. He fits our timeline more.

Ayton is 3yrs younger and we'd have 4 years of him under the rookie scale. People have questioned Ayton's defensive ability, meanwhile KAT is a bad defender.

He's worth the #2 pick, but he's not worth it for our team when we can get a KAT-clone, who's younger.

I might get flock for this, but I would take Ayton over KAT. He fits our timeline more.

Ayton is 3yrs younger and we'd have 4 years of him under the rookie scale. People have questioned Ayton's defensive ability, meanwhile KAT is a bad defender.

He's worth the #2 pick, but he's not worth it for our team when we can get a KAT-clone, who's younger.
I would take Ayton as well for the same reason. However, if Ayton is not there, I would trade it for KAT in a heartbeat. I doubt pick 2 alone gets it done.

Let’s be honset, we are all hoping that we end up with a perennial all-star with pick 2 and KAT is a perennial all star.

I would rather have Bagley.

I would take Ayton as well for the same reason. However, if Ayton is not there, I would trade it for KAT in a heartbeat. I doubt pick 2 alone gets it done.

Let’s be honset, we are all hoping that we end up with a perennial all-star with pick 2 and KAT is a perennial all star.
If Doncic becomes a perennial all star, which is definitely a big if, which would you rather have?

Yep and he shoots very well from 3. He would be a heck of a player. I would send 2 and WCS to get KAT.

Just remember, the TWolves are not a good team when led by KAT.

Jimmy Butler is the reason they were a playoff team and they would have been the 4th or 5th seed if he didn't get hurt. With KAT as their leader, they dropped like a rock and almost missed the playoffs.
Hard to hid a bad defending big. I lost respect for KAT when he refused to post up Houston little guys it was crazy

A lot of KAT's shine came off these playoffs. Could that be that he wasn't motivated playing under Thibs? Shouldn't a true winner be motivated no matter who they are playing under? I'd lean toward yes for trading #2 for KAT, despite those issues. But it looks like PHX may be trying to get that trade done and will likely have a more attractive deal.

A lot of KAT's shine came off these playoffs. Could that be that he wasn't motivated playing under Thibs? Shouldn't a true winner be motivated no matter who they are playing under? I'd lean toward yes for trading #2 for KAT, despite those issues. But it looks like PHX may be trying to get that trade done and will likely have a more attractive deal.
I believe Karl towns will be motivated to play in Phoenix. you cannot underwrite his love for Devin Booker. They are even closer than Boogie and John Wall were.

If KAT goes to Phoenix, Ayton to Minnesota?
That would be logical unless Thibs is in love with some other prospect.

KAT would work with a lot of teams, us included.

I am hoping that Dončić plays a game of his life in a few hours and it prompts other teams to rank him at 1. Ayton would be ideal for this team.

This reminds me of Phil Jackson making Porzingis “available” last summer. I suspect this has more to do with Thibs forcing the T-Wolves to meet his buyout price than any actual KAT trade. It was painfully obvious this season that Thibs is no longer a good coach.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I don't believe he will be traded just yet but I'm sure Minnesota is weighing out some possible options and see what they can get in return. To me this is all Thibs' doing, KAT didn't play very good defense last season, if at all. I'm sure that frustrated Thibs and not he feels KAT is expendable because he only plays one side of the ball. It's too early to give up on a player like Towns this early into his career but this would be a Minnesota thing to do, should he get traded.

If Phoenix I'd be really wary of trading for KAT, especially if the asking price is more than the #1.

He's a great talent but it seemingly mean having to max out Towns AND Booker next summer. I don't rate Ayton quite as highly as I did KAT coming out (more athletic, less skilled and maybe a more glaring concern on defense) but I'd lean towards having him for four seasons before having to back up the Brinks truck to keep him over committing to Towns next off-season.

While these KAT rumors are great to speculate about, this is a players league. If your 22 year old Perennial All-Star big man doesn't like the coach, you fire the freaking coach.

Minnesota saw what happened to them when they traded away KG.

I don't think Minnesota is stupid enough to trade away a 22 year old KAT, especially not for one # 1 or #2 pick. The owner would veto any trades of KAT.

While these KAT rumors are great to speculate about, this is a players league. If your 22 year old Perennial All-Star big man doesn't like the coach, you fire the freaking coach.

Minnesota saw what happened to them when they traded away KG.

I don't think Minnesota is stupid enough to trade away a 22 year old KAT, especially not for one # 1 or #2 pick. The owner would veto any trades of KAT.
Yeah, I'm glad Thibs favored the Wolves over the Kings. Happy with Joerger, seems like a good players coach.

If this were real, Thibs would take Bagley, Bamba, or JJJ. It would make more sense for the Wolves to grab the #3 or #4 pick, but KAT would likely not promise to sign an extension with those clubs like he would with Phoenix. Thus the Wolves are asking for Josh Jackson too...a total Thibs player. Would be stunned if Wolves ownership approves this, but I don’t follow the Wolves at all and KAT may have little to no impact in the local community.

If this has legs it also indicates McDonough is on thinner ice than previously realized—KAT for the #1 is a pretty easy call from a value proposition, but most GMs would prefer the longer runway of a fresh #1 pick. Adding JJ would be rough. KAT and Booker extending would also load up their cap immediately. This also indicates Booker is more tired of losing than publicly acknowledged, and they need to show very quick progress or risk losing him. Not sure how Doncic would figure into that equation, but there is also a potential concern of a Doncic-Koskoskov partnership alienating Booker, should they keep the pick.

If this were real, Thibs would take Bagley, Bamba, or JJJ. It would make more sense for the Wolves to grab the #3 or #4 pick, but KAT would likely not promise to sign an extension with those clubs like he would with Phoenix. Thus the Wolves are asking for Josh Jackson too...a total Thibs player. Would be stunned if Wolves ownership approves this, but I don’t follow the Wolves at all and KAT may have little to no impact in the local community.

If this has legs it also indicates McDonough is on thinner ice than previously realized—KAT for the #1 is a pretty easy call from a value proposition, but most GMs would prefer the longer runway of a fresh #1 pick. Adding JJ would be rough. KAT and Booker extending would also load up their cap immediately. This also indicates Booker is more tired of losing than publicly acknowledged, and they need to show very quick progress or risk losing him. Not sure how Doncic would figure into that equation, but there is also a potential concern of a Doncic-Koskoskov partnership alienating Booker, should they keep the pick.
Interesting point I had not considered... how taking the euro phenom coaches pet might mess up chemistry. All the more sure that it will be Ayton #1.

Bleacher report has a piece on five teams that may trade to get Donic at 2. One scenario was KAT for the 2nd, WCS, and Justin Jackson.
No strong opinion on this but at least were not getting totally gutted like some other proposals Iv'e read.

Bleacher report has a piece on five teams that may trade to get Donic at 2. One scenario was KAT for the 2nd, WCS, and Justin Jackson.
No strong opinion on this but at least were not getting totally gutted like some other proposals Iv'e read.
The article was a complete and utter joke embarrassing to say the least. One offer was Dunn/7 for 2 and that was one of there better ones smh.

Minnesota isn’t trading KAT

The article was a complete and utter joke embarrassing to say the least. One offer was Dunn/7 for 2 and that was one of there better ones smh.

Minnesota isn’t trading KAT
I find you rather hyperbolic... but I can't say you're wrong about that article. Most of those trade scenarios are really bad deals for the Kings, which is about par for the course whenever sports writers address trade scenarios involving the Kings.

I find you rather hyperbolic... but I can't say you're wrong about that article. Most of those trade scenarios are really bad deals for the Kings, which is about par for the course whenever sports writers address trade scenarios involving the Kings.
Haha I expect paid journalist to come up with realistic trades that make semi sense